Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
musa shakr

Do you consider Persians and other Iranians white?

Rate this topic

I'm especially interested in what Persians/Iranians consider themselves. Some have blue or green eyes and light colored hair which a white traits. No matter your race or ethnicity I have respect for everyone and other Muslims are my brothers and sisters irregardless of there ancestry. I'm guessing they consider themselves to be there own race, and feel that there just Persian or what ever other ethnic group they belong to considering Iran has multiple ethnic groups in it. Does any one consider them a type of white and how do actual Iranians feel about it?

5 hours ago, musa shakr said:

Does any one consider them a type of white and how do actual Iranians feel about it?

Salam , it's depends on situation in famous story about Imam Ali (عليه السلام) on pulpit was surrounded by Iranians that  Ash'ath that was Arab called us red faces (skins) as Arabs were calling Iranians because Arabs knew themselves as whites & now red skin refers  to native Americans & in another story Iranians described as white ships that were following him after black ships as Arabs in his dream left him , even I saw some people call Iranians as brown skins but now Iran has all kinds of ethnicity  that glued together by language & culture that you can see from people taht are looking as white European to black African between Iranians that it depends on what place you travel 

On 7/8/2019 at 11:40 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam , it's depends on situation in famous story about Imam Ali (عليه السلام) on pulpit was surrounded by Iranians that  Ash'ath that was Arab called us red faces (skins) as Arabs were calling Iranians because Arabs knew themselves as whites & now red skin refers  to native Americans & in another story Iranians described as white ships that were following him after black ships as Arabs in his dream left him , even I saw some people call Iranians as brown skins but now Iran has all kinds of ethnicity  that glued together by language & culture that you can see from people taht are looking as white European to black African between Iranians that it depends on what place you travel 

I consider them rainbow race, every color in them  :woot:

2 hours ago, Reza said:

Europeans never called themselves “white” until interactions with other peoples in the Old and New Worlds created this identity later on. So it’s artificial with various purposes.

Why should Iranians care about this?

North Europeans is not white. We are mostly pale pink. There are some Iranians in Mazandaran that are pale pink too. South europeans are more pale brown like people in the Middle East including most Iranians. But everywhere people are mixed. My mom has the pale pink skin color of north Europeans. My dad has the pale brown skin color like people in the Middle East. (and no, neither my dad nor anyone in his bloodline since the viking age is an emigrant) I have inherited the pale pink skin color from my mom and my curly hair from my dad. This is the way most people on this planet is; a mix of different genetics. Iranians also.

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

In Iran, no one shall be recognized as slave and every slave will be emancipated upon arrival at Iran`s territorial soil or waters

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

every official is obligated to provide him with means of liberation, immediately

you gotta love Iran, a yearning for emancipation.images_(69).jpeg.21b88af6ddc5f5738fa292fab1d4a1e8.jpeg

With a heart in Karbala...

2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

You guys just took a different route, enslaved different people, used different terms and did it since the Achaemenid dynasty, until Reza Shah Pahlavi abolished slavery in 1929.

Salam Slavery in Iran never was like describes between other nations as classical definition of it ,but classical definition used by british agents to show Reza Shah Pahlavi as a hero & make a positive image of him for everyone  because Qajar dynasty even were treating with Iranians worser than their black Slaves & their black slaves had better condition than many of native Iranians at their time that before Qajar era we don't have any trace of racism inside Iran but in Qajar era by influencing qajar dynasty from Europeans some traces of racism started in Iran by rich people & hatred of poor people because of better condition of slaves of rich people than majority of Iranians that by direction of Britain Reza show in a big show off fixed some problems that during Qajar era created artificially by westerner agents specailly british Agents 7 gained popularity between Iranians.

On 7/27/2019 at 12:45 PM, Reza said:

the notion of “whiteness”, which is an imported concept

Who would import such a concept?

1 hour ago, Mzwakhe said:

Who would import such a concept?

Salam British colonizers , it was a famous quote  when something fishy was happening in Iran until time of Pahlavi era people were saying that " it's  British work" & who was very tricky or fraud person ,Iranians were using title of "Churchil " for him that still uses by older generation of Iranians .

13 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Churchill

No one saw beyond him? Who inspired him that white is pure?

There's a book/magazine called "Iran through our eyes"... compiled by those that visited Iran. It helps.