Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Diaz

Is art haram in Islam?

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Even as a child, one thing l never liked about religious art is the use of halos, glories and other lustering embellishments. 

I just am really against such portraits which are propagated that it's Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) or Mola Abbas (عليه السلام) just because they didn't liked to be depicted for a good reason.

6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam it's not Haram , even some Sunni sites are drawing manga & comic strips although they consider realistic drawing as Haram even in Iran we are starting manag & comic strip competitions & some religious site are using it  because for eastern countries like as Japan & Korea & Malaysia it's a better medium than other mediums to introduce Islam

https://rahyafteha.ir/en/category/graphic/

6 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Anything that's going to be taken by people as real depiction of Holy personalities is haram. Other than that it's fine.

Are you guys sure? I wanted to become a comic artist but I quit it because I read in Islamic qa it’s haram to draw. 

On 7/7/2019 at 1:15 AM, Diaz said:

In Shia, is art haram? Like, I thought drawing is a sin, tho I think it’s only in Sunni sect. I asked a question in al Islam org and they said nope, art is not haram. 

What at is your thought?

Its not even haram. I don't get why alot of Sunnis exaggerate alot. They believe that if you draw pictures of humans or animals, then on the day of judgement, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will ask you to bring it back to life or something. It's quite absurd, not only that but they even refrain from hanging pictures in their homes because apparently it removes the angels away. 

According to sayyed Sistani its permissible, however sculpturing isn't for some reason.

27 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Its not even haram. I don't get why alot of Sunnis exaggerate alot. They believe that if you draw pictures of humans or animals, then on the day of judgement, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will ask you to bring it back to life or something. It's quite absurd, not only that but they even refrain from hanging pictures in their homes because apparently it removes the angels away. 

According to sayyed Sistani its permissible, however sculpturing isn't for some reason.

30 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

You can be comic artist.

I’m speechless, I gave up on my dream because I fear Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and I thought what they says is true. I will start drawing and learning Japanese again. Thanks for the info guys. 

27 minutes ago, Diaz said:

I’m speechless, I gave up on my dream because I fear Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and I thought what they says is true. I will start drawing and learning Japanese again. Thanks for the info guys. 

Very very strange answer brother :dry: