Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Isaam

Anyone attending UMAA?

I was looking for this thread last week, lol. Did you get a chance to attend? Mehdi Hassan was amazing! The last session on spreading the message of Imam Hussain with Sayed Modaressi was the best one in my opinion. The comedy sessions were nice too! Food wasn't too amazing though..

1 hour ago, wayfarer. said:

I was looking for this thread last week, lol. Did you get a chance to attend? Mehdi Hassan was amazing! The last session on spreading the message of Imam Hussain with Sayed Modaressi was the best one in my opinion. The comedy sessions were nice too! Food wasn't too amazing though..

Lol this year I went for the free events. I attended the Galaxy Gala and was going to go to the comedy show but the room was jammed pack

1 hour ago, wayfarer. said:

Half the people there were from my masjid lol

10 hours ago, TryHard said:

Umaa you mean that conference run by corrupt munafiqs that invite zionists to speak. Na. Muslims should avoid it.

I mean Mahdi Hassan was there, and a bunch of Sheikhs, so I don’t see the problem

On 7/10/2019 at 11:51 AM, Isaam said:

I mean Mahdi Hassan was there, and a bunch of Sheikhs, so I don’t see the problem

Mahdi Hassan is one thing but  Dr...Naweed Syed (zionist munafiq) is another [he was also there]. Btw this is not the first time they have invited people like him. They invited guys that supported the Iraq war, people who are Pro Israel and pro zionist. Having a bunch of Shaykhs there means nothing. Those shaykhs should be ashamed of themselves. 

Image result for sayed hassan Qazwini kissing george bush

The above is one of those bunch of shaykhs with George Bush you can find a picture where he kisses him too btw just google it. That guy was the head of Umaa when this photo was taken. Again Muslims should avoid it. Nuff said.

Edited by TryHard

2 hours ago, TryHard said:

Mahdi Hassan is one thing but  Dr....Naweed Syed (zionist munafiq) is another [he was also there]. Btw this is not the first time they have invited people like him. They invited guys that supported the Iraq war, people who are Pro Israel and pro zionist. Having a bunch of Shaykhs there means nothing. Those shaykhs should be ashamed of themselves. 

The above is one of those bunch of shaykhs with George Bush you can find a picture where he kisses him too btw just google it. That guy was the head of Umaa when this photo was taken. Again Muslims should avoid it. Nuff said.

Good point, but I only attended the free events.

On 7/14/2019 at 1:09 PM, TryHard said:

Mahdi Hassan is one thing but  Dr......Naweed Syed (zionist munafiq) is another [he was also there]. Btw this is not the first time they have invited people like him. They invited guys that supported the Iraq war, people who are Pro Israel and pro zionist. Having a bunch of Shaykhs there means nothing. Those shaykhs should be ashamed of themselves. 

1. Hold your horses and get off your high horse while you’re at it. Good thing about the Iraq war was that Saddam the tyrant was removed and there are no obstacles to visit the shrines for ashura and arbayeen. The numbers speak for themselves. The number of zawwar are increasing every year mashallah. So just because you disagree with that Sheikh doesn’t mean he is wrong. 

2. The speakers that they invited are not invited in the capacity of a religious role model. 

3. Some Shia believe it’s good to maintain a dialogue with the non Muslim government in which they are living, it is a positive thing as opposed to secluding oneself and facilitating the islamophobia.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:20 PM, wayfarer. said:

1. Hold your horses and get off your high horse while you’re at it. Good thing about the Iraq war was that Saddam the tyrant was removed and there are no obstacles to visit the shrines for ashura and arbayeen. The numbers speak for themselves. The number of zawwar are increasing every year mashallah. So just because you disagree with that Sheikh doesn’t mean he is wrong. 

2. The speakers that they invited are not invited in the capacity of a religious role model. 

3. Some Shia believe it’s good to maintain a dialogue with the non Muslim government in which they are living, it is a positive thing as opposed to secluding oneself and facilitating the islamophobia.

1. Nonsense propaganda supporting the Iraq war. The Shia there were already rebelligna against Saddam. Even Americans say it was a mistake to invade. Lastly the invasion lead to ISIS many Zuwar were killed by them, these numbers have less to do with the invasion and more to ddo with the spread of the message of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام). The Sayed was completely wrong, YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY HADITHS WE HAVE ABOUT SUPPORTING THE THALIM, especially in something even the Americans knew was a mistake. Ill stay on my horse as it means I am not a supporter of thalimeen and wont defend clear corrupt acts by certain individuals. 

2.So much for calling yourselves in Islamic organization then. Also I know they invite munafiqs and zionists that's my point. I'm just saying it like it is. 

3.This "dialogue" is different from kissing a thalim who killed millions in Iraq. This "dialogue" is different from inviting Zionist speakers who call sayed Sistani (ha) a dictator  and go against our other scholars. Also thanks for confirming that UMAA is a munafiq organization that collaborates with the American government or should I say "has dialogue". Islamophobia can be resisted by spreading and teaching positive Islam and has less to do with collaborating with Zionist governments and politicians and more to do with spreading Islam and increasing dialogue with innocent non Muslims many of whom are oppressed in many ways by Zionist governments. If this "dialogue" as you call it is so effective why are there 1-2 million more dead people in Iraq then there were before the Iraq war that Qazwini kissed Bush for. President Bush Speaks About Iraq  : News Photopost-14402-1148343419.jpgImage result for Qazwini kissing George bush If millions of people being killed in Iraq and elsewhere doesn't show you how wrong your foolish excuses are then I don't know what will. Clearly your strategy in combating Islamophobia is flawed. 

5 hours ago, TryHard said:

1. Nonsense propaganda supporting the Iraq war. The Shia there were already rebelligna against Saddam. Even Americans say it was a mistake to invade. Lastly the invasion lead to ISIS many Zuwar were killed by them, these numbers have less to do with the invasion and more to ddo with the spread of the message of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام). The Sayed was completely wrong, YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY HADITHS WE HAVE ABOUT SUPPORTING THE THALIM, especially in something even the Americans knew was a mistake. Ill stay on my horse as it means I am not a supporter of thalimeen and wont defend clear corrupt acts by certain individuals. 

2.So much for calling yourselves in Islamic organization then. Also I know they invite munafiqs and zionists that's my point. I'm just saying it like it is. 

3.This "dialogue" is different from kissing a thalim who killed millions in Iraq. This "dialogue" is different from inviting Zionist speakers who call sayed Sistani (ha) a dictator  and go against our other scholars. Also thanks for confirming that UMAA is a munafiq organization that collaborates with the American government or should I say "has dialogue". Islamophobia can be resisted by spreading and teaching positive Islam and has less to do with collaborating with Zionist governments and politicians and more to do with spreading Islam and increasing dialogue with innocent non Muslims many of whom are oppressed in many ways by Zionist governments. If this "dialogue" as you call it is so effective why are there 1-2 million more dead people in Iraq then there were before the Iraq war that Qazwini kissed Bush for. President Bush Speaks About Iraq  : News Photopost-14402-1148343419.jpgImage result for Qazwini kissing George bush If millions of people being killed in Iraq and elsewhere doesn't show you how wrong your foolish excuses are then I don't know what will. Clearly your strategy in combating Islamophobia is flawed. 

1. A zaalim like Saddam being removed is obviously a positive thing. The difference in the number of the Karbala pilgrims February 2004 and that of March 2003 speaks for itself. Only a fool can ignore that. No one is belittling the spreading of message of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام)—The sudden increase in pilgrims right after Saddams death is a proof in itself. 

also, if “even the Americans” later admit that it was a mistake- it’s not their fault nor the Sayed’s fault that you did not gift them a crystal ball to gaze into the future, hence, it’s a foolish argument to say “even the Americans” realize it was a mistake after the fact. The intention of removing a thalim was a very good reason for the Sayed to support the war. The Shia now enjoy power in Iraq after being brutally repressed. 

DO YOU ALSO HAVE ANY IDEA about the Hadith we have about supporting or even working with the thalim government if it benefits the Shia? Try harder next time...

2. I will definitely call myself an Islamic organization but that’s a topic for another day hahaha ROFL. Thanks for the laugh. However, we are talking about Umaa here and not me, so like I mentioned earlier, it’s not a negative thing to have non Muslims as our allies. If they invite others at their conferences it’s for the intention of benefiting our situation. (Read up on history where the Imams/Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) also allowed this)

If you stop pretending to be selectively blind, and observe, UMAA invites actual scholars as well. 

3. kissing Bush or meeting with Obama doesn’t mean anything. It’s the Arab style to do it - just like shaking hands is one form of a greeting. It’s not like he was kissing your girlfriend so don’t get your knickers in a twist over it. Like I said, try harder next time..

On 9/30/2019 at 8:24 AM, wayfarer. said:

1. A zaalim like Saddam being removed is obviously a positive thing. The difference in the number of the Karbala pilgrims February 2004 and that of March 2003 speaks for itself. Only a fool can ignore that. No one is belittling the spreading of message of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام)—The sudden increase in pilgrims right after Saddams death is a proof in itself. 

also, if “even the Americans” later admit that it was a mistake- it’s not their fault nor the Sayed’s fault that you did not gift them a crystal ball to gaze into the future, hence, it’s a foolish argument to say “even the Americans” realize it was a mistake after the fact. The intention of removing a thalim was a very good reason for the Sayed to support the war. The Shia now enjoy power in Iraq after being brutally repressed. 

DO YOU ALSO HAVE ANY IDEA about the Hadith we have about supporting or even working with the thalim government if it benefits the Shia? Try harder next time...

2. I will definitely call myself an Islamic organization but that’s a topic for another day hahaha ROFL. Thanks for the laugh. However, we are talking about Umaa here and not me, so like I mentioned earlier, it’s not a negative thing to have non Muslims as our allies. If they invite others at their conferences it’s for the intention of benefiting our situation. (Read up on history where the Imams/Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) also allowed this)

If you stop pretending to be selectively blind, and observe, UMAA invites actual scholars as well. 

3. kissing Bush or meeting with Obama doesn’t mean anything. It’s the Arab style to do it - just like shaking hands is one form of a greeting. It’s not like he was kissing your girlfriend so don’t get your knickers in a twist over it. Like I said, try harder next time..

1.Just repeating yourself. All of what your saying is propaganda used by Zionists to Justify the Iraq war and American interventionism. The Shia were already working themselves to revolt against him. The country was put in chaos thanks to that invasion. Thanks to the Americans Isis was created and many lives were lost, many people were killed in those arbaeen walks and the American government wanted to get involved again.  Thankfully unlike you, many of the Iraqis learned their lesson and fought against ISIS themselves. This Arbaeen we have now is a blessing from God because of what the Iraqis have done not cause of America. The fact that you imply that America is the one to be thanked is shameful for a Shia and foolish. Now they are trying to ruin the arbaeen processions with these protests and they even tried ti assassinate sayed Sistani(ha). Before you play the oh we don't know who is involved blah blah blah, pay attention closely and you'll see the American governments finger prints. 

"if Even" Subhanallah how foolish. They admitted and it was not an accidental mistake it was a calculated effort by those on top. Using one thalim to remove another was a huge mistake for the sayed. He should have been smart and not supported this like many other Americans. 

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THOSE HADITHS ARE TALKING ABOUT IF YOU THINK THOSE HADITHS YOU ARE REFERRING TOO MEAN TO WORK AND SUPPORT A THALIM NONE OF THOSE HADITHS SAY THAT.  ALSO I FIND IT AMUSONG HOW YOU WILL ADMIT THE American GOVERNEMTN IS THALIM BUT THEN RUSH TO ITS DEFENSE LATER IN THE Iraq WAR AND SAY THEY ARE HEROES ASTAGHFIRULLAH.

2. TO invite people who are enemies of Islam is wrong and should never be allowed thats different from inviting non Muslims. AIM invited George Galloway and Jeremy Corbyn to speak on Palestine but they are not enemies of Islam so thats fine. To invite people who call Sayed Sistani (ha) a dictator and people who support Israel is different. The Imams(ha)never invited and supported the Thalim you should read more carefully on the lives of the Imams(عليه السلام) before you accuse them of doing something wrong. You are completely misunderstanding the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) and what they have taught us. Each Imam(عليه السلام) worked to fight against the thalim not support them, feed them and give them an avenue to spread their propaganda into the Muslim community and the world. 

These "actual scholars" you speak of  are no real scholars to me. These "scholars" that are there should be ashamed of themselves.

3. Kissing a thalim is a huge deal and shows they support these individuals. I'm Arab we don't always greet like this, there are other ways to greet, aside from the fact that this greeting itself is given between Arabs I don't greet this way with non Muslims. The fact Qazwini is greeting this way with Bush speaks volumes and the meeting itself speaks volumes. You think every Arab who meets with George bush or Obama kisses him you got another thing coming. Would Sayed Nassrallah kiss Benjamin Netanyahoo if he met him? Think hardly about what your saying. 

Now if you are done being intentionally blind and ignorant you will see these individuals who are kneeling and bending themselves over backwards for people who are enemies to Muslims and Islam you will see these people and Umaa are on a path that is against the Imam of our time(عليه السلام). These "scholars" are working for the enemies and are not much better than those "scholars" who worked for Muawiyah (la). Again people should distance themselves and not attend organizations like Umaa and follow Mr...Qazwini if they care about being on the path of the Imam of our time(عليه السلام). 

Edited by TryHard

On 9/30/2019 at 7:24 AM, wayfarer. said:

kissing Bush or meeting with Obama doesn’t mean anything. It’s the Arab style to do it - just like shaking hands is one form of a greeting. It’s not like he was kissing your girlfriend so don’t get your knickers in a twist over it. Like I said, try harder next time

Brother bush Obama Hilary all of them have blood on their hand of millions of innocent Muslims I would never support anybody who will have even a little bit of soft corner for these modern day yazeeds 

1 hour ago, TryHard said:

1.Just repeating yourself. All of what your saying is propaganda used by Zionists to Justify the Iraq war and American interventionism. The Shia were already working themselves to revolt against him. The country was put in chaos thanks to that invasion. Thanks to the Americans Isis was created and many lives were lost, many people were killed in those arbaeen walks and the American government wanted to get involved again.  Thankfully unlike you, many of the Iraqis learned their lesson and fought against ISIS themselves. This Arbaeen we have now is a blessing from God because of what the Iraqis have done not cause of America. The fact that you imply that America is the one to be thanked is shameful for a Shia and foolish. Now they are trying to ruin the arbaeen processions with these protests and they even tried ti assassinate sayed Sistani(ha). Before you play the oh we don't know who is involved blah blah blah, pay attention closely and you'll see the American governments finger prints. 

"if Even" Subhanallah how foolish. They admitted and it was not an accidental mistake it was a calculated effort by those on top. Using one thalim to remove another was a huge mistake for the sayed. He should have been smart and not supported this like many other Americans. 

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THOSE HADITHS ARE TALKING ABOUT IF YOU THINK THOSE HADITHS YOU ARE REFERRING TOO MEAN TO WORK AND SUPPORT A THALIM NONE OF THOSE HADITHS SAY THAT.  ALSO I FIND IT AMUSONG HOW YOU WILL ADMIT THE American GOVERNEMTN IS THALIM BUT THEN RUSH TO ITS DEFENSE LATER IN THE Iraq WAR AND SAY THEY ARE HEROES ASTAGHFIRULLAH.

2. TO invite people who are enemies of Islam is wrong and should never be allowed thats different from inviting non Muslims. AIM invited George Galloway and Jeremy Corbyn to speak on Palestine but they are not enemies of Islam so thats fine. To invite people who call Sayed Sistani (ha) a dictator and people who support Israel is different. The Imams(ha)never invited and supported the Thalim you should read more carefully on the lives of the Imams(عليه السلام) before you accuse them of doing something wrong. You are completely misunderstanding the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) and what they have taught us. Each Imam(عليه السلام) worked to fight against the thalim not support them, feed them and give them an avenue to spread their propaganda into the Muslim community and the world. 

These "actual scholars" you speak of  are no real scholars to me. These "scholars" that are there should be ashamed of themselves.

3. Kissing a thalim is a huge deal and shows they support these individuals. I'm Arab we don't always greet like this, there are other ways to greet, aside from the fact that this greeting itself is given between Arabs I don't greet this way with non Muslims. The fact Qazwini is greeting this way with Bush speaks volumes and the meeting itself speaks volumes. You think every Arab who meets with George bush or Obama kisses him you got another thing coming. Would Sayed Nassrallah kiss Benjamin Netanyahoo if he met him? Think hardly about what your saying. 

Now if you are done being intentionally blind and ignorant you will see these individuals who are kneeling and bending themselves over backwards for people who are enemies to Muslims and Islam you will see these people and Umaa are on a path that is against the Imam of our time(عليه السلام). These "scholars" are working for the enemies and are not much better than those "scholars" who worked for Muawiyah (la). Again people should distance themselves and not attend organizations like Umaa and follow Mr....Qazwini if they care about being on the path of the Imam of our time(عليه السلام). 

Looks like you specialize going around in circles and putting words in others mouths. And mashallah, real nice akhlaq. The Ahlul Bayt a. you claim to follow will be ashamed to call your their follower. 

21 hours ago, wayfarer. said:

Looks like you specialize going around in circles and putting words in others mouths. 

I would ask you to show me where I put words in your mouth but I don't expect anything serious from the likes of you. BTW I like how you go around saying we need to support the thalimeen cause that is what the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) want but then turn around and say Saddam being taken out was a good thing. According to your logic shouldn't the Ulema of Najaf worked with the thalim saddam. So was Baqir al Sadr(رضي الله عنه) wrong for trying to have an uprising against him? Or did he misunderstand the teachings of the Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) and forgot to read all those "numerous ahadith" that are supposedly about supporting the thalimeen, LOOOL. 

21 hours ago, wayfarer. said:

And mashallah, real nice akhlaq. The Ahlul Bayt a. you claim to follow will be ashamed to call your their follower. 

Judging my akhlaq when your supporting thalims and Munafiqs lol. You should have the humility to admit your wrong and sincerely ask Allah to guide you.

I think they would be a heck of a lot more ashamed of you for supporting the Yazeeds of your time and not going against them. Even making excuses for them and the so called "scholars" who are on their payroll and support them.

21 hours ago, Qasim-Raza said:

Btw This is the first time I k hearing about umaa I didn’t know about it 

good brother that is why I posted. People need to know of the poisons that reside in our community so they can properly avoid them. 

23 hours ago, TryHard said:

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THOSE HADITHS ARE TALKING ABOUT IF YOU THINK THOSE HADITHS YOU ARE REFERRING TOO MEAN TO WORK AND SUPPORT A THALIM NONE OF THOSE HADITHS SAY THAT.  ALSO I FIND IT AMUSING HOW YOU WILL ADMIT THE American GOVERNMENT IS THALIM BUT THEN RUSH TO ITS DEFENSE LATER IN THE Iraq WAR AND SAY THEY ARE HEROES ASTAGHFIRULLAH.

Now if you are done being intentionally blind and ignorant you will see these individuals who are kneeling and bending themselves over backwards for people who are enemies to Muslims and Islam you will see these people and Umaa are on a path that is against the Imam of our time(عليه السلام). These "scholars" are working for the enemies and are not much better than those "scholars" who worked for Muawiyah (la). Again people should distance themselves and not attend organizations like Umaa and NOT follow Mr....Qazwini if they care about being on the path of the Imam of our time(عليه السلام). 

just quoted myself to make a huge correction that wasn't their in the original.