Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
musa shakr

Is rogaine haram?

Rate this topic

I'm 27 and still can't even grow a patchy beard. I only have some stubble here and there so I'm curious if it would be permissible to use rogaine witch is a chemical treatment applied to the skin to treat baldness. Some people use it to thicken facial hair to. Is it altering gods creation to use it or other similar products?

12 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

I'm 27 and still can't even grow a patchy beard. I only have some stubble here and there so I'm curious if it would be permissible to use rogaine witch is a chemical treatment applied to the skin to treat baldness. Some people use it to thicken facial hair to. Is it altering gods creation to use it or other similar products?

Well look at it this way:

It's like a haircut in reverse. 

46 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

. Is it altering gods creation to use it or other similar products?

Salam ,it's not altering Gods creation but because it's solvent is Alcohol you must wash the area of skin that you used it before prayer & then make Wudu 

Men's Rogaine 5% Minoxidil Foam for Hair Loss and Hair Regrowth, Topical Treatment for Thinning Hair, 

https://www.amazon.com/Rogaine-Minoxidil-Regrowth-Treatment-Thinning/dp/B0012BNVE8?th=1

4 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam ,it's not altering Gods creation but because it's solvent is Alcohol you must wash the area of skin that you used it before prayer & then make Wudu 

If it has Ethanol (alcohol consumed in drinks) as the alcohol in most cosmetics is pure.

10Question: What is the ruling concerning the alcohol found in some dental products like mouthwash and others?

Answer: It is Tahir (ritually clean), and permissible to use.

However in addition to "Alcohol" Rogaine has SD Alcohol 40B which is denatured alcohol, a mixture of ethanol and a denaturing agent. So not sure what the ruling on that would be.

5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Men's Rogaine 5% Minoxidil Foam for Hair Loss and Hair Regrowth, Topical Treatment for Thinning Hair, 

https://www.amazon.com/Rogaine-Minoxidil-Regrowth-Treatment-Thinning/dp/B0012BNVE8?th=1

salam, thanks I found the topic about trimming the beard with clippers to a zero useful.

It's fine to use, but you need to use it for a long, long time before seeing any results so I am told. As some have said it isn't changing God's creation or work, it is for hair regrowth, just like conditioner is for hair repair, or putting manure on fields helps crops.