Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sayyed_Splinter

After all, is cursing openly haram?

Rate this topic

:salam:
Brothers and sisters, I need a serious answer. Is cursing (sending L'anah) openly haram? No? Which hadiths support this vision?

Note: I'm asking about l'anah, not insulting.

13 hours ago, Sayyed_Splinter said:

Brothers and sisters, I need a serious answer. Is cursing (sending L'anah) openly haram? No? Which hadiths support this vision?

It is wajib to curse oppressors for reference read Qur'an where Allah (عزّ وجلّ) curses munafiqeen, Mushrikeen and Kafireen.

3 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

It is wajib to curse oppressors for reference read Qur'an where Allah (عزّ وجلّ) curses munafiqeen, Mushrikeen and Kafireen.

@Flying_Eagle What about cursing by name? And why?

1 minute ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Cursing by name who ? 

1. A normal human being who is your enemy ? or

2. A human being who is revered by a sect or religion ?

As said the @Diaz yes I'm asking about enemies of Ahlul Bayt. Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ayesha, Muawiyah etc.

2 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

God says in Qur'an that fitna is greater than murder.

Prophet (PBUHHP) says: "A lie that brings people together is better than a truth that brings animosity among brothers".

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) says in Nehjul Balagha: "Do not abuse my enemies rather plead my case and explain their wrongdoings to the people".

Rest, you are intelligent enough to decide. :) 

Where in Qur'an does God say that? What is the reference to that hadith from the Prophet (ص)? And where in Nahj ul Balagha does Imam Ali (ع) say that?

17 hours ago, Sayyed_Splinter said:

Work on yourself first and God willingly you enter Jannah.

After that, think about cursing other people.

Edited by Faruk

19 minutes ago, Sayyed_Splinter said:

Where in Qur'an does God say that? What is the reference to that hadith from the Prophet (ص)? And where in Nahj ul Balagha does Imam Ali (ع) say that?

Qur'an 2:191. It’s written that fitna is worst than killing. 

Okay so wa al fitnatu 'ashadu min al qatl but what does that mean? Some scholars say that fitnah here means "disbelief in God", or shirk. How is that about Tabara or L'anat? @Diaz

8 hours ago, Sayyed_Splinter said:

Okay so wa al fitnatu 'ashadu min al qatl but what does that mean? Some scholars say that fitnah here means "disbelief in God", or shirk. How is that about Tabara or L'anat? @Diaz

We all know what Fitna is, I don’t think I need to explain it. Nope, who said that? Which scholars? I personally never cursed anyone,  so I think I can’t help you, I’m sorry. 

12 hours ago, Sayyed_Splinter said:

Muawiyah etc

Salam between your name only cursing on Muawiah (la) allowed & highly recommended in any situation except for Taqyia & saving your life 

3 hours ago, Diaz said:

We all know what Fitna is, I don’t think I need to explain it. Nope, who said that? Which scholars? I personally never cursed anyone,  so I think I can’t help you, I’m sorry. 

But the meaning of fitnah isnt always the same. The context is important. Also when you read all the text, the context, seems its saying "kill them, because its better than fitnah." 

19 hours ago, Sayyed_Splinter said:

Sermon 205

During the Battle of Siffin,

Imam Ali Ibn Abu Talib (x) Heard Some of His Men Verbally Abusing the Syrians, So He Said the Following : I dislike for you to start taunting them, but if you describe their deeds and recount their situations, it will be a better mode of speech and a more convincing argument. Instead of abusing them you should say, “O Allah! Save our blood and theirs, produce reconciliation between us and them and lead them out of their misguidance so that whoever is ignorant of the truth may know it and whoever inclines towards rebellion and rebellion may turn away from it.

Amir ul-Mu’minīn ‘Ali ((عليه السلام).) said that the Holy Prophet (S) has said at the time of recording his will and testament.“O ‘Ali, Allah even likes a falsehood for the sake of peace and dislikes truth that spreads corruption.”

https://www.al-Islam.org/greater-sins-volume-2-ayatullah-Sayyid-abdul-husayn-dastghaib-shirazi/seventeenth-greater-sin-lying

21 hours ago, Sayyed_Splinter said:

1. and fitnah is worse than killing. (2: 191)

2. Amir ul-Mu’minīn ‘Ali ((عليه السلام).) said that the Holy Prophet (S) has said at the time of recording his will and testament. “O ‘Ali, Allah even likes a falsehood for the sake of peace and dislikes truth that spreads corruption.

https://www.al-Islam.org/greater-sins-volume-2-ayatullah-Sayyid-abdul-husayn-dastghaib-shirazi/seventeenth-greater-sin-lying

3. Sermon 205

During the Battle of Siffin,

Imam Ali Ibn Abu Talib (x) Heard Some of His Men Verbally Abusing the Syrians, So He Said the Following : I dislike for you to start taunting them, but if you describe their deeds and recount their situations, it will be a better mode of speech and a more convincing argument. Instead of abusing them you should say, “O Allah! Save our blood and theirs, produce reconciliation between us and them and lead them out of their misguidance so that whoever is ignorant of the truth may know it and whoever inclines towards rebellion and rebellion may turn away from it.

Well I even got your argument. But this hadiths and ayat seem about insulting, not cursing (l'anah). There is a great difference between insulting and cursing.