Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

How about a thread for random, general dreams we've had or those which we recall?

No nightmares as they are from Shaytaan. Also not necessarily those of religious connotation but they welcome too.

I'll start, as last night or the early hours of today, I dreamt I was on ziyarah (pretty sure Iraq though not certain) and I was in a jewellers looking at rings to add to my collection. I recall seeking a Dhur e Najaf, (as I really do not have that one currently).

I vaguely recall instead being presented with a darkish brown stone with lighter shaded hues (which had not yet been cut or crafted into a ring) that distinctly smelt of oudh or bakhoor. It was not alight or anything. I asked the name but did not recall what I was told, could have been jargon for all I know.

Anyway, was a rather abrupt dream.

Could may well be my subconscious informing my thoughts based on my love of semi-precious stone rings and perfumes :grin:

A pleasant dream regardless.

I wouldn't really call last nights dream a nightmare as such but it was weird.

Basically in the dream I decided to get my long hair cut at the barbers but half way through there was an emergency and I leave there and then. The barber didn't finish cutting my hair though, I was left with short hair on the top and long hair on the sides, it looked so weird. Then I woke up. 

My twin sister had a dream before she died, 20 years ago. She relayed it to me like this...

She saw herself lying on the floor. A man picked her up and held her in his arms. She thought it was Jesus. She said she didn't hear the word, but she felt it, "Redeemed." She said it washed over her with so much power, she felt in that moment that Jesus was healing her from her cancer. But when the dream ended, she realized she was still very sick, even sicker than before. She understood then that it wasn't that kind of healing.

Just a little while ago, before I read this thread, I asked Jesus to take away my cancer. I had just finished reading these words...

"This was to fulfill what was spoken by the Prophet Isaiah: 'He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.'" - Matthew 8:17

Perhaps my sister's dream is the answer to my prayer.

Edited by MartyS
to

Guest Bakery
1 hour ago, MartyS said:

My twin sister had a dream before she died, 20 years ago. She relayed it to me like this...

She saw herself lying on the floor. A man picked her up and held her in his arms. She thought it was Jesus. She said she didn't hear the word, but she felt it, "Redeemed." She said it washed over her with so much power, she felt in that moment that Jesus was healing her from her cancer. But when the dream ended, she realized she was still very sick, even sicker than before. She understood then that it wasn't that kind of healing.

Just a little while ago, before I read this thread, I asked Jesus to take away my cancer. I had just finished reading these words...

"This was to fulfill what was spoken by the Prophet Isaiah: 'He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.'" - Matthew 8:17

Perhaps my sister's dream is the answer to my prayer.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) give you health, heal your ailments, and ease your pain. Stay strong, and keep God’s remembrance in your heart. 

Ever since I had a family reunion/get together in July I have frequently been having dreams in which I'm with all my family. 

So after fajr I dreamed I was with all my family again and every was reciting surah Inshiraah over and over again I guess for practice. I was surprised though that my brother M who is the most boldly no longer Muslim was reciting it too. I wasn't sure how to feel. 

Later on my brothers (I have 4 brothers who have essentially apostated, M, S, H, and A) were talking about something, I'm not sure if it was alcohol or it had something to do with one of their girlfriends or both but whatever it was a was very disgusted. I exploded (which is completely out of my character) and yelled something along the lines of saying what they were doing was so haram and then I marched upstairs angrily. It felt empowering to finally get my disgust and disapproval off of my chest. A (who I used to be fairly close to) came upstairs after me to talk about what I said and it was my chance to explain that the choices they have made is not okay. I don't know if I ever did that though because soon after he came upstairs I woke up, but I know I wanted to. 

Dream over. 

Makes me feel like I should be more open about my feelings towards them. 

I realized later that the reason everyone was reciting surah Inshiraah over and over was because I had it playing on my phone while I slept, that is what I play for my baby to go to sleep. 

I used to have dreams that had the potential to make people feel a bit jealous uncontrollably. Now if I manage to remember a dream its about some weird meaningless loop of occurrence, something inane. Positive thing is that I don't see nightmares either. But the war dream, that still comes regularly. As well as seeing snakes destroyed.

I had a dream a couple of nights ago, that I went to Umrah and I started praying at the Kaaba and it felt so amazing and then, people (atheists) came and destroyed the Kaaba. Does this mean anything?

If anyone can try and interpret this dream for me:

Although I don't remember it clearly, I remember I was out somewhere with a group of my friends. I remember seeing this old best friend of mine (she's in a different city and we have stopped talking), along with some other girls. I remember for some reason I began to vomit out black little stones or pebbles from my mouth, and like I'd stop for a bit and then when I  started coughing and they'd come out. I also remember my best friend in the dream being disappointed because I kept my distance with her (we never fought or anything irl). I asked her if one of her specific friends knew about that aswell (she's someone I really dislike) and she said yes, so I began to swear at the girl I dislike. Okay thats not the important bit of the dream, the important part was I was vomiting black stones. So my friend took me in this bus I think and don't even ask why but everyone in the bus was wearing nice clothes and when I entered they all stood up. They were taking me to the hospital I think. I don't know why they stood up, maybe it was some kind of respect, and I sat next to my best friend and hugged her. I was feeling sick because of the black stones. 

Fast forward I was at this wierd place I assume was the hospital and I sat next to my best friend. I remember telling her the truth as to why I stopped talking to her and kept my distance. I said to her that the truth was I thought she didn't care about me anymore. 

I know its a really wierd dream, but I thought the black stones might symbolise something. Also last night I was making tawassul so Sayyida Fatima al Zahra (عليه السلام).

1 hour ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

telling her the truth

I love interpreting dreams hahah. That's most likely the core of the dream (I was honestly expecting it even before reaching that part of your post), and black stones coming from your mouth are the pieces of hidden truth. People standing up may be a sign of respect for your honesty. You at the hospital may symbolize the recovery (at an emotional level) after being honest. It's most likely a good dream.

Nonetheless, when you threw up the black stones, was it during daytime? That's probably an indicator of how long it will take you to recocer (if it was during night, it may take you longer - until you are either understood or recovered or both).

Edited by Bakir

In my late teens and early 20s I used to have recurring nightmares of my teeth breaking apart in my mouth, so realistic, I could feel the broken teeth moving about in my mouth. Would always wake up abruptly like in the movies. It's not as scary as other bad dreams but somehow very frightening.

I remember reading up how it is one of the most common dreams adults have, I have seen on various forums people describing the same thing. Some interpretations are that it is to do with vanity :worried:

1 minute ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

In my late teens and early 20s I used to have recurring nightmares of my teeth breaking apart in my mouth, so realistic, I could feel the broken teeth moving about in my mouth. Would always wake up abruptly like in the movies. It's not as scary as other bad dreams but somehow very frightening.

I remember reading up how it is one of the most common dreams adults have, I have seen on various forums people describing the same thing. Some interpretations are that it is to do with vanity :worried:

Yeah, I have heaed about that exact dream a lot as well. Must be a weird feeling...

1 hour ago, Bakir said:

Nonetheless, when you threw up the black stones, was it during daytime? That's probably an indicator of how long it will take you to recocer (if it was during night, it may take you longer - until you are either understood or recovered or both).

It was at night time I remember

1 hour ago, Bakir said:

You at the hospital may symbolize the recovery (at an emotional level) after being honest. It's most likely a good dream.

The thing is I don’t even remember if it was a hospital I’m just assuming it was. It looked like a mall or something

also I don’t get what u mean by recovery after being honest? I mean recently I was being honest about something with my parents but that later turned downhill. But I’ve lied on many occasions. I’ve been quite depressed and angry and emotional for like three days. 

Also the ppl standing up in the bus, that happened before I told the truth to my best friend. I don’t know why I saw her in my dream bc we’ve never spoken. I’m starting to even doubt that my dream has a meaning bc all I remember is black little stones/pebbles.

btw I had the dream around the morning after fajr.

When I recited the tawassul of Sayyeda Fatima (عليه السلام) (which was at night before bed), I was expecting to see a vision because I’m at such a low point Rn. I have low faith, I’ve lost all my motivation with studying, and I don’t have any waahis to do anything really. I even am starting to despise myself and the way I am, now I’m constantly eating more than usual. 

Btw, if u don’t mind me asking I’m quite curious as to how you’re able to interpret dreams? What kind of books did you read apart from Imam Jafar as Sadiq (عليه السلام)?

Edited by 3wliya_maryam

2 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

It was at night time I remember

The thing is I don’t even remember if it was a hospital I’m just assuming it was. It looked like a mall or something

also I don’t get what u mean by recovery after being honest? I mean recently I was being honest about something with my parents but that later turned downhill. But I’ve lied on many occasions. I’ve been quite depressed and angry and emotional for like three days. 

Also the ppl standing up in the bus, that happened before I told the truth to my best friend. I don’t know why I saw her in my dream bc we’ve never spoken. I’m starting to even doubt that my dream has a meaning bc all I remember is black little stones/pebbles.

btw I had the dream around the morning after fajr.

When I recited the tawassul of Sayyeda Fatima (عليه السلام) (which was at night before bed), I was expecting to see a vision because I’m at such a low point Rn. I have low faith, I’ve lost all my motivation with studying, and I don’t have any waahis to do anything really. I even am starting to despise myself and the way I am, now I’m constantly eating more than usual. 

Btw, if u don’t mind me asking I’m quite curious as to how you’re able to interpret dreams? What kind of books did you read apart from Imam Jafar as Sadiq (عليه السلام)?

Also I thkught black signifies something bad

All my dreams are depressing. The only good ones were the flying ones I had as a kid, they were so realistic. I never could fly straight away, it would take a lot of flapping of the arms to get power going, even then sometimes I would slowly drift back down again.

But yeah... The rest I had growing up were always apocalyptic. These days I don't dream much, possibly because of my sleeping patterns missing that 10pm-3am window.