Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
EthidiumIodide

Circumcision Needed for Tawaf?

Rate this topic

Salam all,

I am well-aware that Muslims (Shias for sure) circumcise their male infants. However, I am confused why a male Muslim cannot make tawaf around the Kaaba without being circumcised. This seems like an arbitrary requirement. Can anyone explain how this ruling is derived?

1 hour ago, EthidiumIodide said:

Salam all,

I am well-aware that Muslims (Shias for sure) circumcise their male infants. However, I am confused why a male Muslim cannot make tawaf around the Kaaba without being circumcised. This seems like an arbitrary requirement. Can anyone explain how this ruling is derived?

Walaykum as Salam,

Circumcision is mandatory for all male Muslims, reverts or born. You can’t perform Hajj if you are not circumcised. We have many ahadith on its importance as well as the rulings of learned scholars. 

4 hours ago, EthidiumIodide said:

Salam all,

Hey, I remember you from like 10 years ago :p. Just figured I'd say hi again! Well maybe it wasn't 10, but it's been awhile.

Edited by iCenozoic

1 hour ago, Raheel Yunus said:

Ok, that means circumcision is not mandatory.

Salam Qur'an orders Prophet Muhammad (pbu) to follows way of Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام) & one  his procedures for doing Tawaf was circumcization 

Ale-Imran 98 

Nahl 123

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

1 hour ago, Raheel Yunus said:

Ok, that means circumcision is not mandatory.

No, it does not mean that for Islamic rulings Qur'an and hadith are two of the  major sources that can say if something is mandatory or not. This is also proven from Qur'an by the directions  toward following the commands through the Prophet and ulul amr minkum (ie maktabi Ahlul Bayt)

Edited by Rohani

What about Aqiqa is it mandatory or culture of Arabs ?

I only take reference from Qur'an, because I am sure that everything in it is true. What is mandatory and what is haram all given in Qur'an. Everything apart from it is human intervention.

On 6/26/2019 at 9:45 PM, iCenozoic said:

Hey, I remember you from like 10 years ago :p. Just figured I'd say hi again! Well maybe it wasn't 10, but it's been awhile.

Salam, it's been a few years, yes!

I'm on my phone so excuse the poor formatting, but I think what has been said here shows that it is *not* wajib to be circumcised as a Shia Muslim, rather it is wajib for tawaaf specifically. By extension, since Hajj is wajib, circumcision is wajib. However, one could imagine a uncircumcised Muslim who never had the funds to go to Hajj all his life. As such, his foreskin was no barrier to Jannah, assuming he led a pious life in other areas.