Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Jawad231 said:

The Netherlands' immigration system is tough. My wife can only come to the Netherlands If I (not my parents) have enough stable income. Now I have alhamdullillah enough income for myself, but it's not enough for 2 people. So I have to work, which I now can't because I full time study.

So the immigration system only allow her in if you have money? 

Or is ur her parents again that make money a requirement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TryHard said:

So the immigration system only allow her in if you have money? 

Or is ur her parents again that make money a requirement?

If she comes to the Netherlands she has to apply for a special visa. This visa allows her to stay in the Netherlands with me and live with me. 

There are rules for this visa to get. 

1) I have to prove she is my wife with a Nikah nama for example 

2) She has to learn basic Dutch and has to pass a beginner's level Dutch at the nearest embassy in Pakistan

3) I have to have sufficient and stable income. It has to be at least 1600 euros.

And there are more rules but these are the most important ones. The first 2 are easy to fix. The last one means thaf I have to work full time. But no I study full time so to work is not possible. In 2 years I will finish my study and get my degree. Than I have more than enough stable income inshallah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jawad231 said:

If she comes to the Netherlands she has to apply for a special visa. This visa allows her to stay in the Netherlands with me and live with me. 

There are rules for this visa to get. 

1) I have to prove she is my wife with a Nikah nama for example 

2) She has to learn basic Dutch and has to pass a beginner's level Dutch at the nearest embassy in Pakistan

3) I have to have sufficient and stable income. It has to be at least 1600 euros.

And there are more rules but these are the most important ones. The first 2 are easy to fix. The last one means thaf I have to work full time. But no I study full time so to work is not possible. In 2 years I will finish my study and get my degree. Than I have more than enough stable income inshallah. 

wow kinda strict for visa try to work on the first 2 with her the third I know you will get inshallah. no worries just do not restrict intercourse next time. If you need more resources and references with regards to Islamic laws you can pm me or post here which ever you want. Inshallah hope everything works out for you brother. 

with prayers for your success.

Edited by TryHard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jawad231 said:

If she comes to the Netherlands she has to apply for a special visa. This visa allows her to stay in the Netherlands with me and live with me. 

There are rules for this visa to get. 

1) I have to prove she is my wife with a Nikah nama for example 

2) She has to learn basic Dutch and has to pass a beginner's level Dutch at the nearest embassy in Pakistan

3) I have to have sufficient and stable income. It has to be at least 1600 euros.

And there are more rules but these are the most important ones. The first 2 are easy to fix. The last one means thaf I have to work full time. But no I study full time so to work is not possible. In 2 years I will finish my study and get my degree. Than I have more than enough stable income inshallah. 

Salaam alaikum brother

Has she considered applying for a university course in the Netherlands and therefore receiving a student visa? 

This would not only allow her to join you earlier but it would also give her an additional and recognized qualification. There are quite a few masters degrees available in english these days in European countries and the tuition fees are either free or very low.

Check out www.mastersportal.com

Wallahu a'lam 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe this discussion has went on for 4 pages. Lol. 

Here is my answer to them 

Are we husband and wife or not ? If yes, see next question

Are you Muslim and are we Muslim or not ? If yes, see next question

If yes to both above then it is our right (and our duty) as Muslims and married to be intimate with each other

If you don't know that, read book of any marjaa' or scholar (Sunni or Shia, frankly)

If you are worried about pregnancy, sustenance for the future for us, don't worry, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is Kheirul Al Razikeen (The Best of Providers)

Case Closed. Full Stop. 

If after that, your wife objects, that means this is coming partially or fully from her and not from her parents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

I can't believe this discussion has went on for 4 pages. Lol. 

Here is my answer to them 

Are we husband and wife or not ? If yes, see next question

Are you Muslim and are we Muslim or not ? If yes, see next question

If yes to both above then it is our right (and our duty) as Muslims and married to be intimate with each other

If you don't know that, read book of any marjaa' or scholar (Sunni or Shia, frankly)

If you are worried about pregnancy, sustenance for the future for us, don't worry, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is Kheirul Al Razikeen (The Best of Providers)

Case Closed. Full Stop. 

If after that, your wife objects, that means this is coming partially or fully from her and not from her parents. 

Thank you for your clear reaction. It helped me alot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TryHard said:

wow kinda strict for visa try to work on the first 2 with her the third I know you will get inshallah. no worries just do not restrict intercourse next time. If you need more resources and references with regards to Islamic laws you can pm me or post here which ever you want. Inshallah hope everything works out for you brother. 

with prayers for your success.

Thank you for your reaction!

Any resourse or Islamic refernce are welcome. I really want to convince them my rights and duties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 2:17 PM, Jawad231 said:

I really want to convince them my rights and duties.

A lot of people here have spoken to you about your rights and have criticised the parents. But approaching them to only speak about your rights may not be very effective. People have differing beliefs and mentalities and thus they have to be approached in differing ways. 

The parents may be worried that you may never be able to get a job with a sufficient salary (e.g. some graduates never do and also the economy may turn), they may also have the fear that you may leave her. The fear of having a daughter who suffers from the emotional pain of a short marriage is not something that we should belittle. 

Before speaking about your rights, reassure them that Allah provides, and constantly demonstrate that you would do whatever it takes to be committed to your wife.

BTW I don't necessarily agree or disagree with those that say you must have your rights (in my mind it isn't a straightforward matter). I am just pointing out that if you want them, then try to be sensitive to their feelings.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

A lot of people here have spoken to you about your rights and have criticised the parents. But approaching them to only speak about your rights may not be very effective. People have differing beliefs and mentalities and thus they have to be approached in differing ways. 

The parents may be worried that you may never be able to get a job with a sufficient salary (e.g. some graduates never do and also the economy may turn), they may also have the fear that you may leave her. The fear of having a daughter who suffers from the emotional pain of a short marriage is not something that we should belittle. 

Before speaking about your rights, reassure them that Allah provides, and constantly demonstrate that you would do whatever it takes to be committed to your wife.

BTW I don't necessarily agree or disagree with those that say you must have your rights (in my mind it isn't a straightforward matter). I am just pointing out that if you want them, then try to be sensitive to their feelings.

Thank you for your reaction!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...