Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
laithAlIRAQI

Mercedes or BMW?

Rate this topic

The older Mercedes are the typical car for an older indopak man. 

The newer BMWs are for those young rich almost "thuggish" like indopak adolescents who have street races late at night waking everyone up... 

At least here in the United Kingdom those stereotypes apply.... Lol :grin:

I have a Mercedes and before making my decision I made sure to test drive both the cars including audi.

I personally would go with the new E class. What year is the BMW and Merc that he is considering? As that may alter the choice.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:08 PM, pyaro said:

I have a Mercedes and before making my decision I made sure to test drive both the cars including audi.

I personally would go with the new E class. What year is the BMW and Merc that he is considering? As that may alter the choice.

Around 2014-2015. We'll never buy a brand new car, the car prices here in Denmark are absurd.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:21 PM, laithAlIRAQI said:

Around 2014-2015. We'll never buy a brand new car, the car prices here in Denmark are absurd.

Agreed about not buying new cars. 

I have never been a fan of the E - Class prior to the makeover introduced in 2017/2018. The 5- series in my opinion has probably better interior layout.

As for the drive, BMW wins hands down compared to its rivals.

Does Denmark have good subsidies on hybrids/electric?

Tough choices...

4 hours ago, pyaro said:

Tough choices...

That is why Laith is asking all of us! :) 

6 hours ago, pyaro said:

Agreed about not buying new cars. 

I have never been a fan of the E - Class prior to the makeover introduced in 2017/2018. The 5- series in my opinion has probably better interior layout.

As for the drive, BMW wins hands down compared to its rivals.

Does Denmark have good subsidies on hybrids/electric?

Tough choices...

The new e-class costs way too much, but it certainly does look nice, it looks way too similar to the new c-class in my opinion though. I think the base version of the 5 series interior is very boring looking compared to the e-class, but I do like the sporty look of the BMW's exterior, not that the Mercedes is bad looking. I think the mercedes is more appropriate for an older gentleman such as my dad though. 

We aren't looking for any hybrids or electrics, so that's out of the question.

The thing is many of these used mercedes's have previously been used as taxis, so they got relatively high mileage on them, which is why I want to get an idea of the reliability, if any of you got some experience with them. 

Btw which Mercedes do you own?

Edited by laithAlIRAQI

1 hour ago, aaaz1618 said:

I have nothing positive to think about people who drive up in the rear view mirror of our family BMW in a Mercedes. :dry:

I don't understand how this is relevant to the initial post.

Edited by laithAlIRAQI

1 minute ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Yes I agree, plz pray God sends down one for me with 72 virgins included.

Man is it worthy to be sent down here??

leave it up there, mate. With the virgins.

all that gets Down here and khalas, they’ll get robbed

13 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

The new e-class costs way too much, but it certainly does look nice, it looks way too similar to the new c-class in my opinion though. I think the base version of the 5 series interior is very boring looking compared to the e-class, but I do like the sporty look of the BMW's exterior, not that the Mercedes is bad looking. I think the mercedes is more appropriate for an older gentleman such as my dad though. 

We aren't looking for any hybrids or electrics, so that's out of the question.

The thing is many of these used mercedes's have previously been used as taxis, so they got relatively high mileage on them, which is why I want to get an idea of the reliability, if any of you got some experience with them. 

Btw which Mercedes do you own?

I own a 2015 C220d Bluetec Sport Model.

I don't think you can go very wrong when it comes to reliability- though my dad feels Audi is more reliable than the BMW/Merc 

I have been looking to get a crossover/SUV to add to the garage

23 minutes ago, pyaro said:

I own a 2015 C220d Bluetec Sport Model.

I don't think you can go very wrong when it comes to reliability- though my dad feels Audi is more reliable than the BMW/Merc 

I have been looking to get a crossover/SUV to add to the garage

That's a nice car. if it was up to me, I'd also get the c class as its very identical to the e class, but the e class is just more practical and overall bigger. 

I've also been told that mercedes are reliable cars as long as maintenance is looked well after. I'm not really a big fan of Audi, their a series is just boring to me. 

What does your car cost where you are located at? Here in Denmark a 2018-2019 base c class costs around 75k dollars lol

Edited by laithAlIRAQI

On 6/27/2019 at 7:39 AM, laithAlIRAQI said:

That's a nice car. if it was up to me, I'd also get the c class as its very identical to the e class, but the e class is just more practical and overall bigger. 

I've also been told that mercedes are reliable cars as long as maintenance is looked well after. I'm not really a big fan of Audi, their a series is just boring to me. 

What does your car cost where you are located at? Here in Denmark a 2018-2019 base c class costs around 75k dollars lol

Wow if that is USD 75K then that is just too expensive and not even worth it.

I bought it over a year ago when it was 3 years old for £18000.

Take a look at volvo. Although not that cheap, it still offers some savings compared to the Germans.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:17 AM, pyaro said:

Wow if that is USD 75K then that is just too expensive and not even worth it.

I bought it over a year ago when it was 3 years old for £18000.

Take a look at volvo. Although not that cheap, it still offers some savings compared to the Germans.

Yes that's 75k USD and that's just the base version. The prices for the more high end mercedes and bmw reach 200k USD lol, its literally absurd. You can buy a super car in America for that kind of money. 

You're lucky that car prices in the United Kingdom is reasonable.

I did look at Volvo and it's just as expensive as the german cars here.

I found a Mercedes e200 bluetec from 2013 and it has 319k km on it, which is relatively high. The price for this particular car is around 24000£

http://www.bilbasen.dk/brugt/bil/-/-/-/4342163

27 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Yes that's 75k USD and that's just the base version. The prices for the more high end mercedes and bmw reach 200k USD lol, its literally absurd. You can buy a super car in America for that kind of money. 

You're lucky that car prices in the United Kingdom is reasonable.

I did look at Volvo and it's just as expensive as the german cars here.

I found a Mercedes e200 bluetec from 2013 and it has 319k km on it, which is relatively high. The price for this particular car is around 24000£

http://www.bilbasen.dk/brugt/bil/-/-/-/4342163

Gosh that is ridiculous to be honest. Are electric/hybrids also that expensive?

Both are garbage. With all the bells and whistles, there are more things that can go wrong and eat your money. I never got the fascination with those brands. They just don't compare quality wise to Japanese.

If you must go luxury, go with Lexus or Acura. The more luxury Mazdas are a hidden gem. I just don't like straying from Japanese.

You could also get a horse.

On 6/27/2019 at 12:02 AM, laithAlIRAQI said:

The thing is many of these used mercedes's have previously been used as taxis

At least the previous driver is likely to have been a Muslim.

If I had that much money and needed a car, I'd get a Tesla.

And then we'd have to rent a passenger van for road trips.

So actually, I probably wouldn't. I guess it's a good thing my car still runs.

4 hours ago, thuglife said:

Both are garbage. With all the bells and whistles, there are more things that can go wrong and eat your money. I never got the fascination with those brands. They just don't compare quality wise to Japanese.

If you must go luxury, go with Lexus or Acura. The more luxury Mazdas are a hidden gem. I just don't like straying from Japanese.

You could also get a horse.

Dude German cars are known for their quality, why do you think these cars are used as taxis in Europe? Particularly the Mercedes e class, its reliable, as long as you maintain it properly and the quality is good. Japanese cars are good too, but they don’t compare in this price range. 

On 6/25/2019 at 11:26 PM, laithAlIRAQI said:

So my father and I have been considering getting a "new" car. We've always been into BMW's, but my dad suddenly changed his mind and now want's a mercedes E-class.

Which one do you like better? 

2015-f10-bmw-520d-sport-exterior-002-e1425456950956-630x329.jpg

Mercedes-E300-White-NO-552495-3.jpeg.jpg

bicycle would be healthy decision, you could both have your own bicycles and go healthy and come health from work plus it offers extra calories consumption.

:pushup2:

just kidding

https://jalopnik.com/how-bmw-and-toyota-overcame-a-culture-clash-to-design-t-1827831415

"BMW couldn’t believe how extensive some of our quality and efficiency studies were as parts came into shape one by one. We would take every bit down to a fastener or rivet, and put it through our stringent quality control and a dozen other testing, we’d ship thousands of parts back to Japan for analysis. That is normal to us. Each piece we test at our level, they were now the ones surprised"

Of course Europe will use European cars.

I don't know what planet you think you're on. On Earth, BMW is known for breaking down.

23 hours ago, thuglife said:

I don't know what planet you think you're on. On Earth, BMW is known for breaking down.

Not accurate. My parents own a garage so I know a thing or two about cars and their reliability.

If you want driving pleasure it has to be a Beemer. I have had all the brands over the years. Mercs have a mature image but they are really very laid back and lazy cars. In terms of reliability they are all as bad as each other. If you want reliability then you need to look at the Japs.

My father has owned quite a lot of BMW's in the past, I don't think he'd have gotten them if the reliability was that bad. And for the Mercedes, I definitely wouldn't be getting so many of them if I had a taxi company, that has got to say something about reliability, why would they use this car in particular? There are other European cars to choose from. Generally speaking, If you maintain your car well, it'll usually last a long while, but of course some brands are known to be more reliable than others.

Edited by laithAlIRAQI