Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
laithAlIRAQI

Mercedes or BMW?

Rate this topic

On 6/25/2019 at 11:26 PM, laithAlIRAQI said:

So my father and I have been considering getting a "new" car. We've always been into BMW's, but my dad suddenly changed his mind and now want's a mercedes E-class.

Which one do you like better? 

2015-f10-bmw-520d-sport-exterior-002-e1425456950956-630x329.jpg

Mercedes-E300-White-NO-552495-3.jpeg.jpg

bicycle would be healthy decision, you could both have your own bicycles and go healthy and come health from work plus it offers extra calories consumption.

:pushup2:

just kidding

https://jalopnik.com/how-bmw-and-toyota-overcame-a-culture-clash-to-design-t-1827831415

"BMW couldn’t believe how extensive some of our quality and efficiency studies were as parts came into shape one by one. We would take every bit down to a fastener or rivet, and put it through our stringent quality control and a dozen other testing, we’d ship thousands of parts back to Japan for analysis. That is normal to us. Each piece we test at our level, they were now the ones surprised"

Of course Europe will use European cars.

I don't know what planet you think you're on. On Earth, BMW is known for breaking down.

23 hours ago, thuglife said:

I don't know what planet you think you're on. On Earth, BMW is known for breaking down.

Not accurate. My parents own a garage so I know a thing or two about cars and their reliability.

If you want driving pleasure it has to be a Beemer. I have had all the brands over the years. Mercs have a mature image but they are really very laid back and lazy cars. In terms of reliability they are all as bad as each other. If you want reliability then you need to look at the Japs.

My father has owned quite a lot of BMW's in the past, I don't think he'd have gotten them if the reliability was that bad. And for the Mercedes, I definitely wouldn't be getting so many of them if I had a taxi company, that has got to say something about reliability, why would they use this car in particular? There are other European cars to choose from. Generally speaking, If you maintain your car well, it'll usually last a long while, but of course some brands are known to be more reliable than others.

Edited by laithAlIRAQI

As salaamun aleikum,

Mercedes cost a ton to fix parts wise and mechanics wise. If youre going to do your own work, u can save in that way, but parts are still expensive. 

The problem w buying a new car straight off the lot is they havent been around long to know whether they have glitches and issues, kinda like when a new drug hits the market and theres no history behind whether people who have been taking it have died of heart attacks or lived for 50 years on it:confused:

Also, getting a vehicle with a timeing chain as oposed to a timing belt is better. If you get a car with an interference motor and it has a timeing belt and the belt snaps (and they DO snap..) youre whole motor will be ruined. 

Buying any new car is taking a chance. Better to buy one 2 or 3 years old and before buying, check Www.carsurvey.com to see what people are saying about their particular experience. Sometimes a specific make and model of a  car wil be GREAT for multiple years, then, all of a sudden, they turn out duds for a year or 2 for different reasons.

Choosing wisely can save you a world of trouble and expense.

W/s