Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Salam,

So we all know that the incident of Ghadeer and the Prophet's statement "man kunta mawla fa 'Aliyun mawla" is established and no one doubts that such an event occurred and such a statement was said by the Prophet.

When I ask if Ghadeer is dhanni, what I am referring to is the fact that the statement "man kunta mawla fa 'Aliyun mawla" is not a clear nass (designation) for the Imamah and successorship of Imam Ali (a) after the death of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). This article presents the view of al-Murtadha:

Sharif Murtada stated:

وأما النص الخفي: فهو الذي ليس في صريحة لفظه النص بالامامة، وإنما ذلك في فحواه ومعناه، كخبر الغدير، وخبر تبوك

As for hidden text: that is the one in which text there is NO CLEAR indication to Imamah, but only in content and meaning, LIKE REPORT OF GHADIR AND REPORT OF TABUK. [“Rasail” vol 1, page 339]

So, here we have one of the top Shia Scholar – known as Alam ul Huda – who testifies that NEITHER HADITH OF GHADIR, NOR  HADITH OF MANZILAH CONTAIN CLEAR INDICATION ON IMAMAH. He is very clear that he didn’t know any from his companions (meaning other known Shias) who ever claimed that there existed clear Nass on the Imamate.

So I guess my question is...

How can we convince Sunnis that Ghadeer is clear proof of Imam Ali's Imamah, when our own scholars have said this this is not clear evidence?

Maybe we can reply that al-Murtadha and for example 5 other scholars said that Ghadeer wasn't clear proof, but we can bring 50 other scholars who said the opposite. Just because someone said it is not clear evidence does not mean it isn't clear evidence.

Edited by Follower of Ahlulbayt

Al-Ghadīr fī l-kitāb wa l-sunna wa l-adab (Arabic: الغدير في الکتاب و السنة و الأدب, lit.: [Event of] Ghadir in the book and tradition and literature) is the title of a 11 volume book by 'Allama Aminithat proves and defends the immediate and successorship of Imam 'Ali (a) to the Prophet of Islam (s).

The author regards the Hadith al-Ghadir as the most authentic and mutawatir (numerously reported) narration from the Holy Prophet (s). To prove this, he has compiled the chains of narration of this hadith from Sahaba (companions of the Prophet (s)) and Tabi'un (companions of the companions of the Prophet (s)) to the scholars of the 14th/20th century from Sunni books to show the mutawatir nature of the hadith. In addition to such numerous chains of narration, the author extensively reports poems from Sahaba, Tabi'un, and later generations to substantiate his case. Among these discussions, he firmly replies to some of the accusations made by some Sunni scholars against Shi'a, using principles that are accepted in Sunni faith.

First Volume

In this volume, after presenting the text of Hadith al-Ghadir, the author mentions 110 individuals of Sahaba (companions of the Prophet (s)) who have narrated this hadith and cites the report from each of these individuals from Sunni traditional sources.[5]

After the Sahaba, he mentions 84 individuals of Tabi'un (the companions of the companions of the Prophet (s)) who reported this hadith. He also presents the opinions of Sunni rijal experts on these narrators.[6]

After Tabi'un, the name of 360 Sunni scholars -from the 2nd/8th to 14th/20th centuries- are listed that have narrated and documented this Hadith in their works.[7]

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Al-Ghadir_fi_l-kitab_wa_l-sunna_wa_l-adab_(book)

the following link also provides the names of companions and references of Sunni books:

https://Umar-ibn-khattab.blogspot.com/2013/07/256-references-from-Sunni-books-to.html

Edited by Muslim2010

6 hours ago, Follower of Ahlul Bayt said:

Salam,

So we all know that the incident of Ghadeer and the Prophet's statement "man kunta mawla fa 'Aliyun mawla" is established and no one doubts that such an event occurred and such a statement was said by the Prophet.

When I ask if Ghadeer is dhanni, what I am referring to is the fact that the statement "man kunta mawla fa 'Aliyun mawla" is not a clear nass (designation) for the Imamah and successorship of Imam Ali (a) after the death of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). This article presents the view of al-Murtadha:

So I guess my question is...

How can we convince Sunnis that Ghadeer is clear proof of Imam Ali's Imamah, when our own scholars have said this this is not clear evidence?

Maybe we can reply that al-Murtadha and for example 5 other scholars said that Ghadeer wasn't clear proof, but we can bring 50 other scholars who said the opposite. Just because someone said it is not clear evidence does not mean it isn't clear evidence.

Not only at Ghadeer, Prophet (PBUHHP) at various other occasions has defined about the successorship of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) read about Battle of Tabuk, also Prophet PBUHHP said: "I am city of Knowledge and Ali is my door". Also Prophet (PBUHHP) said in Khyber: "Today, I will send a person who will never return without victory".

In Qur'an, there are two principles for appointing a King or Vicegerent, Read in Surah Baqarah when Jews asked as to why Hazrat Talut (عليه السلام) was chosen as King, Allah (عزّ وجلّ) replies: "It is because he has been gifted with knowledge and courage".

Now, tell me who can compare with Imam Ali (عليه السلام) with these two qualities ?