Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest sister 121

bad thoughts

Rate this topic

Guest sister 121

Saalam, so ever since I was younger, I've kind of had evil thoughts lol. I'm 19 now, but probably from when I was 11 maybe, I would day dream about having twins and then neglecting one of them, and I would imagine scenarios in where one of the children would cry and I would just ignore it, and attend to the other one, or being affectionate and loving towards one, and give them toys food, whilst the other would become jealous and sad by it, and the thought made me happy. No one knows about these thoughts, but I don't know why I get them. I realize its wrong but making someone jealous and being loving to the other gave me satisfaction, and the thoughts would always be about babies or children (usually they would be my kids or younger siblings, I have neither) I only  have on younger sibling but their a teen now. I would have thoughts like me not feeding one of them or this weird specific on is I gave one realy spicy food just for fun.  I feel embarrassd that I have thoughts like this. I know this thread mite sound like joke, but it isn't.

3 hours ago, Guest sister 121 said:

Saalam, so ever since I was younger, I've kind of had evil thoughts lol. I'm 19 now, but probably from when I was 11 maybe, I would day dream about having twins and then neglecting one of them, and I would imagine scenarios in where one of the children would cry and I would just ignore it, and attend to the other one, or being affectionate and loving towards one, and give them toys food, whilst the other would become jealous and sad by it, and the thought made me happy. No one knows about these thoughts, but I don't know why I get them. I realize its wrong but making someone jealous and being loving to the other gave me satisfaction, and the thoughts would always be about babies or children (usually they would be my kids or younger siblings, I have neither) I only  have on younger sibling but their a teen now. I would have thoughts like me not feeding one of them or this weird specific on is I gave one realy spicy food just for fun.  I feel embarrassd that I have thoughts like this. I know this thread mite sound like joke, but it isn't.

When do you feel embarrassed?  While having those “satisfying” thoughts? 

Edited by eThErEaL

On 6/24/2019 at 7:58 PM, Guest sister 121 said:

This seems like a mental disorder and a serious one because how come you feel happy thinking like this

its a very good sign for you to deny and say it is bad but ....

You can consult a Dr.. I wish you all the best PM me if you want :bye:

On 6/24/2019 at 5:58 PM, Guest sister 121 said:

It might not necessarily be an actual mental illness, especially if these thoughts don’t manifest themselves through your behaviour. 

These thoughts might be an embodiment of your own insecurities? Were you ever jealous of your sibling? Maybe you subconsciously feel the need to 'neglect' or favour one child over another in order to feel close to your own parents because you felt neglected or less special by your parents? (This could be completely wrong, I'm just suggesting how this just could be a manifestation of your subconscious thoughts). 

I would be worried if you did actually do things to hurt others or make them feel unworthy. But if you reasonably believe that your behaviour with all people you know is acceptable, then there isnt much you could do besides ensure that you behave well and try and change /get rid of these thoughts. Counselling wouldnt hurt at all. If you're too shy or embarrassed of going to a doctor and talking about this face to face, there are many anonymous and free counselling sites. Just Google them. 

What matters most is that you acknowledge that there is an issue, and you're not proud of it. That's amazing. The next step is trying to find the root of this issue (this is where counselling comes in) and solving the issue (putting the information you've learnt about yourself through counselling to use). 

Guest Matin

Just make dua and listen to the The Holy Qur'an on youtube . all the bad thoughts and voices from shaytan will go away . I used to have bad thoughts and hear voices from shaytan as well but it all went away when I listen to The Holy Qur'an. The most powerful verse in The Holy Qur'an is Ayat Kursi . You should play the The Holy Qur'an in your home and it will destroy the evil jinn and shaytan

Usually when I have certain thoughts, I realize later they were a way my mind was telling me that I wanted to "restore balance". Someone hits you, you want to hit them back to restore the balance. Things were peaceful and then some punk came along, hit you and disrupted your peace. By hitting him back, you get your satisfaction from doing what he did to you to HIM. So who is HIM?

5 hours ago, Guest Matin said:

Just make dua and listen to the The Holy Qur'an on youtube . all the bad thoughts and voices from shaytan will go away . I used to have bad thoughts and hear voices from shaytan as well but it all went away when I listen to The Holy Qur'an. The most powerful verse in The Holy Qur'an is Ayat Kursi . You should play the The Holy Qur'an in your home and it will destroy the evil jinn and shaytan

yeah, don’t listen to this guy. obviously too delusional to know there are real mental disorders that require psychiatric help.

Seek professional help. it’s good that you’ve noticed something’s wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

yeah, don’t listen to this guy. obviously too delusional to know there are real mental disorders that require psychiatric help.

Seek professional help. it’s good that you’ve noticed something’s wrong. 

Jeez dude, no need to insult the guy. I don't agree with his advice, but it's not like he's denying she has a problem or making it less important than it is. =/

Firstly this this question should be asked:

Do you want to do this or do have the feeling to do this in real life, or have you ever done this in real life? 

At first I thought that you might be sadistic (sadism is some type of personality disorder) but then this wouldn't explain why you would be nice to the other child.....

A personality disorder by definition is a way of thinking, feeling and behaving that deviates from the expectations of the culture, causes distress or problems functioning, and lasts over time. So unless you actually behave in the way that you were describing, I'm uncertain as to whether you actually have a personality disorder or not...

22 hours ago, Subhan_Allah_Wa_Bihumdih said:

Jeez dude, no need to insult the guy. I don't agree with his advice, but it's not like he's denying she has a problem or making it less important than it is. =/

Saying what he said is dangerous. The problem is that people on here act like professionals when they're neither scholars nor mental health doctors. We have suffered enough from misinformation. Speech should not be taken lightly and people need to be held accountable for what they spout when it comes to religion. We already look bad, there's no need to make us look worse.

9 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Saying what he said is dangerous. The problem is that people on here act like professionals when they're neither scholars nor mental health doctors. We have suffered enough from misinformation. Speech should not be taken lightly and people need to be held accountable for what they spout when it comes to religion. We already look bad, there's no need to make us look worse.

We should all know already that none of us here are professionals and that we will never be as wise or as knowledgable as the Prophet, but this IS a discussion forum and people here  are asking for advice or opinions. How they take it after that is not up to us. Perhaps if we were to say often as a reminder that "we are not professionals" or "this is my thoughts on this matter", that would be better.

But from where I was standing, it didn't seem like he was doing anything where it would warrant an insult. It seemed like he was just answering a thread. =/

To be honest, saying what you said now, you thinking that what he said was dangerous and why you thought so, was better to say than implying he was delusional.

And don't get me wrong. I believe the same that some people are too confident in what they say and they have little to back it up with. Not that I think that Guest Matin is one of these people. Reading Qur'an does help to an extent. It's not THE solution, but it's what helped him with his issues. Y'know? =/

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:58 PM, Guest sister 121 said:

There is a test for this, the same as with adultery;

If you actually got the chance to do any of this and no one will ever find out, would you do it?

Guest sister 121
15 hours ago, hasanhh said:

There is a test for this, the same as with adultery;

If you actually got the chance to do any of this and no one will ever find out, would you do it?

yes