Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest sister

sore throat

Guest sister

salam, I have the worst sore throat, and can't get to a doctor to get antibiotics due to economical reasons right now

so I was wondering if you guys have any tips on how to get rid of it without medicine?

- Ginger and honey in warm water. Even better if you can crush some ginger, mix it with honey and swallow it.

- A quarter tsp of turmeric taken with a glass of warm milk is a VERY good antiseptic.

-do saline gargles

- eat ice cream and popsicles 

Lol I have a bit of a sore throat too. 

- Drink honey and lemon tea

- use cough drops (even if you don't have a cold

- Eat foods with vitamin c 

Salaam Alaykum,

This is probably one of the cheapest and most effective ways. Make saline in warm water then gargle it. Muslim community should be more supportive to each other especially those who are in economical situations

Halls.

Joking. Seems like everyone that's posted gave the ideas I would have. Food and water is actually awesome when you're sick. If you weren't eating a balanced diet before or drinking at least 3 500ml bottles of water a day, now's the time. Drinking a lot of water will help your body expel some of the infection through urination. Do it enough times, your body will eject it all. 

Your body also needs the power of the nutrients your food has to fight harder against your illness. You get fatigued when you're sick because your body is using your available energy to fight against invaders. By eating good food, it's like giving your immune system ammunition to do their job.

Honey is actually known to boost the immune system. There are so many different flowers and therefore so many kinds of honey with unique effects on your body. Have a teaspoon of honey whenever you start your day to help get better too.