Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, Isaam said:

Yea, but the people in the comment are the same people who probably think Muslims worship the moon. There was a video showing the word Allah in the Arabic Bible to show that it means ‘The God’ because ilah mean God and Al means The. So it meant the God of the Jews, Christians & Muslims

It was a "Christian " word before it was a " Muslim" word, I suppose.  That would probably  would blow a few narrow minds. Lol. Belongs to Arabs of any ilk, I guess.

The same folks who think you worship the Moon likely think my church is the Wh*re of Babylon , we worship the Pope, and all that tripe. 

Willfully ignorant.

4 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

It was a "Christian " word before it was a " Muslim" word, I suppose.  That would probably  would blow a few narrow minds. Lol. Belongs to Arabs of any ilk, I guess.

The same folks who think you worship the Moon likely think my church is the Wh*re of Babylon , we worship the Pope, and all that tripe. 

Willfully ignorant.

Yes, probably because I’m sure the Bible was translated to Arabic in some countries other than Arabia, because when Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) went there, the people were either polytheists, Atheists, or Jewish. 

On 6/23/2019 at 8:46 PM, Isaam said:

Do you guys think unity between our these two religions would be good? (Unity as in support each other and focus on common grounds)

Yes, I think it is very much possible but that is dependant on how honest and genuine everyone is. Once, politics, greed and a lust for power is removed then yes, but has that ever not been the case in human history?

Also, when both religions have so many sects and different beliefs amongst those sects than you would have to ask this question on a much more detailed basis. Such as can 12er Shi'a get along with Presbyterians? Can Southern Baptists get along with Ismailis? Do you see where I'm going with this? Its much more granular because both religions have sub-groups that have different beliefs. Some of which are quite significant. For example, Unitarians don’t follow the concept of the trinity, whereas the Russian or Greek Orthodox does. Too many different beliefs for just a Christianity and Islam question to be asked.

On 6/23/2019 at 8:46 PM, Isaam said:

both religions are trying to serve God. 

Define God...in Christianity the overwhelming belief is that God is made up of the Trinity. Whereas, we believe in the singular existence of Allah. 

Also, there are many groups of Christians that do not believe the God of Christianity to be the same as the God of Islam. Evangelicals hold the belief that Jehovah and Allah are not the same by any stretch. The staunch Anti-Islamics claim Allah is the name of a moon God that was housed in the Kaaba. 

For unity and coexistance to happen then there would have to either be an acceptance that both religions pray to the same God, or at the very least a respect for the other religion's beliefs. This would need to happen on the Christian side moreso since Islam already states that we all pray to the same God.

Again, I do have to state this perhaps this can only happen when the evil and greedy power mongers between both religions can be eliminated or silenced. It hasn't happened in the last 1,400 years so I'm skeptical it will happen now. However, this is also something that needs to happen on an individual level moreso. If this spreads in the hearts and minds of the followers of both religions then its possible. Can't expect it to happen overnight. Too much hatred in the world right now.

Around here there are formal inter-religious groups that include, at the moment, the leadership and laity of Christians of various sects, Jews, and  folks of other faiths. Anyone can join. They work on local social issues. One of the current ones is drug abuse in the region. People who want to work together usually find a way.

A Look At The Lives Of Christians In Iran

Being Christian In Muslim-Dominated Iran (2002)

Iran ARMENIAN Christian minority anniversary of turkey genocide of armenian in Tehran

Christian Singer Honors Hezbollah in Stunning 2013 Concert Performance

Iraq's Christians Commemorate Ashura

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Hezbollah-Warns-Against-Attacking-Christians-in-the-Middle-East-20170411-0024.html

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

The story of Madooma and Sarah

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On 6/25/2019 at 2:44 PM, LeftCoastMom said:

Yes it is quite hilarious :hahaha:

Dialogue, partnership with Muslims necessary: Pope

http://en.abna24.com/news//dialogue-partnership-with-Muslims-necessary-pope_953728.html

June 22, 2019 - 6:30 PM News Code : 953728 Source : IQNALink: 

Dialogue, partnership with Muslims necessary: Pope

Pope Francis called Friday for an overhaul of the way theology is taught in Catholic schools, saying students must learn about dialogue with Judaism and Islam, and that overall there must be greater freedom in theological research and academic pursuits. 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Pope Francis called Friday for an overhaul of the way theology is taught in Catholic schools, saying students must learn about dialogue with Judaism and Islam, and that overall there must be greater freedom in theological research and academic pursuits. 

The pope made the call during a speech at the Jesuit-run theology university in Naples, AP reported. 

It follows his outreach this year to the Muslim world with the signing of a joint statement with the Imam of Cairo’s Al Azhar, the seat of Sunni learning, establishing the relationship between Catholics and Muslims as brothers, with a common mission to promote peace. 

In his speech, Francis said dialogue and partnership with the Muslim world is necessary “to build a peaceful existence, even when there are the troublesome episodes by fanatic enemies of dialogue.” 

Catholic theology students must learn the culture, language and way of thinking of Jews and Muslims “to better understand and live out our relationship,” he said. 

http://en.abna24.com/news//dialogue-partnership-with-Muslims-necessary-pope_953728.html

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Christians still builders of Syria’s civilization: Assad

July 5, 2019 - 7:42 PM News Code : 957911 Source : SANALink: 

Christians still builders of Syria’s civilization: Assad

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad affirmed on Thursday that Christians in Syria have never been “strangers” in this land, but they have been and still the builders of its civilization and bearers of its human and civilizational message to the whole world side by side with their Muslim brothers. 

The president participated in an open dialogue session for the catholic Syriac Syrian youth in their camp titled “My hope is in you” that started on Tuesday at St. Tuma Monastery in Sidnaya. 

“The Christian originality in Syria is necessary to boost moderation and enrich diversity… Christians throughout history have contributed, through their stances and patriotism, to foiling projects of partition in the region and they have sent a message to enemies of Syria and sponsors of terrorism that all their colonial projects are doomed to failure,” President al-Assad said. 

“The Arab identity is a civilized case, not an ethnic concept.. the Arab civilization accepts the merging of all, but it rejects the extinction of their historic identities and helps keep them… targeting Christianity aims to target the religious, cultural and civilizational diverse,” President al-Assad said. 

http://en.abna24.com/news//Christians-still-builders-of-Syria’s-civilization-assad_957911.html

On 6/23/2019 at 7:46 PM, Isaam said:

Do you guys think unity between our these two religions would be good? (Unity as in support each other and focus on common grounds) I think so personally. And the comment I took a screenshot of, I agree with, because both religions are trying to serve God. 

6FAEF901-2AC1-4C5F-85CA-F7F8BFA18266.jpeg

I was working evening shift with a Muslim during Ramadan. He spoke Arabic and a little French. I spoke English and a little French. After lunch break the boss changed our job so I went looking for my mate. I found him in the cab of a locomotive praying. I knew nothing Islam, and we didn't talk Islam. We talked about God, His attributes, basic beliefs, how it applies, what it meant to us. We had no problem praying together. At one point I said, "Do you feel that?" and he answered, "It's a spirit from God come to be with us." which is what I felt as well. This spirit didn't seem to care one was Christian, one was Muslim, so I took that as a sign it's not about religion, it's about believers.

It wasn't until I came to ShiaChat that I learned how much we had to argue about.

8 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

I was working evening shift with a Muslim during Ramadan. He spoke Arabic and a little French. I spoke English and a little French. After lunch break the boss changed our job so I went looking for my mate. I found him in the cab of a locomotive praying. I knew nothing Islam, and we didn't talk Islam. We talked about God, His attributes, basic beliefs, how it applies, what it meant to us. We had no problem praying together. At one point I said, "Do you feel that?" and he answered, "It's a spirit from God come to be with us." which is what I felt as well. This spirit didn't seem to care one was Christian, one was Muslim, so I took that as a sign it's not about religion, it's about believers.

It wasn't until I came to ShiaChat that I learned how much we had to argue about.

To me I always thought that all 3 Abrahamic  faiths believed in one God, but in different ways, but I feel like I’m today’s time there are a lot of anti-semitism & islamaphobia.