Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
King

Biggest Arab survey BBC - Are Arabs turning their backs on religion?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "There will come a time for people that: they will not respect their scholars except for their good clothing; they will not hearken to the Qur'an except for the pleasant voice; and they will not worship Allah except for during the fasting month; there will be no shyness in their women, no patience in their poor ones; and no prosperity for their rich ones, they will not be contented with a small (portion), and they will not be satiated with abundance. They will strive (only) for their stomach; their religion is their money (wealth); their women are their Qiblah (direction of worship); and their homes are their mosques; they run away from their scholars just as lambs run away from wolves.

Then, when they become like that, the Lord will afflict them with three conditions. At first, He takes the prosperity from their properties. The second is that a cruel ruler will dominate them. The third is that they will pass away from this world without having (true) Faith."

Waqayi'-ul-'Ayyam, p. 439

 

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "There will come a time for my Ummah when their rulers will be cruel, their scholars will be greedy and have little piety, their worshippers (will act) hypocritically, their merchants will commit usury and conceal the defects of their buyings and sellings and their women will be busy with the ornaments of the world. Hence, at this time, the most vicious of them will dominate over them, and their good doers will invocate but they will not be answered."

Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 23, p. 22

 

 

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "There will come a time for my Ummah when they will love five things while neglecting five others:

They will love this world and neglect the next world.

They will love wealth and forget (the Day of) Reckoning.

They (their men) will love (corruptive) women and forget the houries.

They will love buildings and forget the graves.

And, they will love (their) selves and forget the Lord. Those (such people) dislike me and I, too, dislike them."

Al-Ithna 'Ashariyyah, p. 202

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Lets just hope its not just a matter of identity, which it sometimes becomes for minorities. 

Such as assyrian Christians who love to wear the cross, tattoo it to their skin as well, even if they are in crime gangs.

I hope not, too. But my " opposite number" ( the other grandma)  in this family reminded me that Arabs come in more than one faith. I'm assuming they were included in the survey,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "There will come a time for people that: they will not respect their scholars except for their good clothing; they will not hearken to the Qur'an except for the pleasant voice; and they will not worship Allah except for during the fasting month; there will be no shyness in their women, no patience in their poor ones; and no prosperity for their rich ones, they will not be contented with a small (portion), and they will not be satiated with abundance. They will strive (only) for their stomach; their religion is their money (wealth); their women are their Qiblah (direction of worship); and their homes are their mosques; they run away from their scholars just as lambs run away from wolves. 

Then, when they become like that, the Lord will afflict them with three conditions. At first, He takes the prosperity from their properties. The second is that a cruel ruler will dominate them. The third is that they will pass away from this world without having (true) Faith."

Waqayi'-ul-'Ayyam, p. 439

Our generation and coming are literally the worst and scummiest generation, full of fear and even fear about little things, obeying the desires instead of obeying the Creator. Nagging about everything, never satisfied of little things, always complaining. We don't take things seriously, and how easily we could agree with the leaders of fire while we don't even understand how serious is the consequences . We lose our faith so easily because of dirtiness of our heart and the unsatisfied and unthankfulness shape us so proudly that we start to mock the faith together.

Yā Ĥasratan `Alá Al-`Ibād (How regretful for the servants) 36:30

Edited by Abu Nur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Lets just hope its not just a matter of identity, which it sometimes becomes for minorities. 

Such as assyrian Christians who love to wear the cross, tattoo it to their skin as well, even if they are in crime gangs.

In my experience ME Christians are more religious than the Muslims especially Copts and Assyrians, Lebanese Christians are less but are more religious than Lebanese Muslims who are mostly secularized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

Lebanon has become more secular than turkey now, and will soon surpass Israel making it the most secular country in the Middle East.

https://www.aljumhuriya.net/en/al-jumhuriya-fellowship/on-rising-apostasy

 

Shaami Arabs openly drink wine and say Kasak or cheers. At this point Iraq and maybe South Asia are the only hope for Shias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see the questionnaire that they used here (I think it is the right one):

https://www.arabbarometer.org/waves/Arab-barometer-wave-v/#questionnaires

This is the question about Hezbollah, it's lumped together with a number of other organisations/groups, so I don't know how meaningful the results will be for any one of them:

 

33080320_Screenshot2019-06-25at08_04_14.thumb.png.cae79730a1fb7f87b0c8198d48bf0a37.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Enlightened Follower said:

In my experience ME Christians are more religious than the Muslims especially Copts and Assyrians, Lebanese Christians are less but are more religious than Lebanese Muslims who are mostly secularized.

I had never been to Egypt so I will not deny what you said about this country because I simply don’t know. However I lived in Lebanon and I just totally disagree with what you just said. There are hypocrit people among Christian or Muslim lebanese this is true but in general I didnt see at all lebanese Muslims being less religious than lebanese Christians. I would even said the opposite for be more clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 9:14 AM, King said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48703377

Arabs are increasingly saying they are no longer religious, according to the largest and most in-depth survey undertaken of the Middle East and North Africa.

im not surprised, its not only arabs tho its the whole population of Muslims

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Enlightened Follower said:

At this point Iraq and maybe South Asia are the only hope for Shias.

What do you mean maybe? There's literally more Shia in Pakistan alone than Iraq, let alone the combined population of the Subcontinent.

Generally South Asians are a lot more emotionally attached to religion than Arabs, especially in light of this report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

What do you mean maybe? There's literally more Shia in Pakistan alone than Iraq, let alone the combined population of the Subcontinent.

Generally South Asians are a lot more emotionally attached to religion than Arabs, especially in light of this report.

I wrote a post for this but I deleted it as I realized something and now I can summarize and make a one word post in response to above:

Trololo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

I wrote a post for this but I deleted it as I realized something and now I can summarize and make a one word post in response to above:

Trololo.

That's a cool story brethren.

 

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Generally South Asians are a lot more emotionally attached to religion than Arabs

Reminds me of this

http://english.Khamenei.ir/news/4062/Pakistanis-faith-is-deeper-than-that-of-many-other-Muslim-countries

Quote

I believe that the faith of the Pakistani people is deeper than that of many other Muslim countries, or perhaps better say almost all other Muslim countries; I can argue on that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...