Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruqaya101

How merciful is Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) exactly?

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, notme said:

Allah is infinite in mercy, but repentance has to be sincere. If repentance is sincere, that sin is much less likely to be repeated.

Mercy on the Day of Judgment does not necessarily free a person from consequences of his or her actions.

yeah, but repentance is a cycle, especially nowadays. You do a sin, feel guilty, repent, start over a few months later, hit a spiritual low, repent, and so on. 

4 hours ago, Ruqaya101 said:

A question piqued my interest.

How merciful is Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) exactly? And is there such a view as people taking advantage of Gods mercy?

Allah is indeed merciful and the most forgiving, but now that you asked whether people take advantage of His mercy, it got me thinking. What if we do take advantage of it? Like we commit sins and we know its wrong and then later we ask for forgiveness but then we do it again, then repent again, and repeat the same sin and so on. I mean we're obviously not perfect but we're meant to try our best to please Him despite the pleasures in this world. It seems hard most of the times, but verily Allah is the most forgiving and merciful, and there is no limit to his kindness and mercy. 

20 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Like we commit sins and we know its wrong and then later we ask for forgiveness but then we do it again, then repent again, and repeat the same sin and so on.

If I found myself doing this, I would doubt the sincerity of my repentance.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:37 AM, notme said:

If I found myself doing this, I would doubt the sincerity of my repentance.

Yeah exactly, point is. Most people do repent and stop whatever sin it is for a couple of months at most and then something happens and they sin again. It’s like a cycle. 

I think it's mentioned in the Qur'an that if Allah gave mankind what we deserved, there would be no life or anything on Earth. Also I read a hadeeth I think that said that if you wanted to repay your mother for what she's done for you, you could not do so even if you tried. Seeing that Allah gave you a mother, I see that as His mercy.

As for taking advantage of His mercy, it's not really advantage in the end because by doing what people usual do when they're "taking advantage" of His mercy, they're only harming themselves. In this life or the Afterlife. Or both.

You can't take advantage of His mercy because He's allowing you to. If He willed, He could have stopped you at anytime. 

On 6/23/2019 at 7:47 AM, Ruqaya101 said:

A question piqued my interest.

No bounds, no limits, infinite, unqualified....

On 6/23/2019 at 7:47 AM, Ruqaya101 said:

And is there such a view as people taking advantage of Gods mercy?

God is so merciful that He has to remind us to take advantage of His mercy!  

On 6/23/2019 at 8:35 AM, Ruqaya101 said:

yeah, but repentance is a cycle, especially nowadays. You do a sin, feel guilty, repent, start over a few months later, hit a spiritual low, repent, and so on. 

God only asks of you to (do mujahada) struggle against a vice, He doesn’t ask of you to conquer it (because conquering a vice) cannot be done by anyone except Allah.  The vice exists within God’s meticulous scheme or plan in order to teach you something.  Your task is to understand something about yourself and something about God as you struggle with it.  For example, perhaps now you will come to understand the limitless and vast ocean of God’s mercy, even though you and I don’t deserve it. 

On 6/26/2019 at 10:44 AM, eThErEaL said:

God only asks of you to (do mujahada) struggle against a vice, He doesn’t ask of you to conquer it (because conquering a vice) cannot be done by anyone except Allah.  The vice exists within God’s meticulous scheme or plan in order to teach you something.  Your task is to understand something about yourself and something about God as you struggle with it.  For example, perhaps now you will come to understand the limitless and vast ocean of God’s mercy, even though you and I don’t deserve it. 

That is beautiful. 

On 6/26/2019 at 10:44 AM, eThErEaL said:

Right on the mark. 

All Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wants to see is our “sincere” struggle, that’s why He says in a Hadith Qudsi, {paraphrasing}, “Had nobody committed sins, I would have perished this humanity and created a new one which did; because I LIKE to FORGIVE”.

There can’t be more loaded guaranteed salvation from our Merciful Lord. 

Imam Zeynel Abidin (عليه السلام) and Namaz-e-Ghufayla prayer
Once a man after the tragedy of Karbala came into the presence of Imam Zeynel Abidin (عليه السلام) and Syeda Zainab (sa) and said, Ya Imam, I am one of those who were involved in the killing of your father in Karbala and I wished to be forgiven, hence advice, what am I suppose to do to be forgiven?

Imam Zeynel Abidin (عليه السلام) thought about it and replied, to pray Namaz-e-Ghufayla prayer.

This man was very happy after hearing the advice from Imam and left. Syeda Zainab (sa) observing this, asked Imam Zeynel Abidin (عليه السلام), how can such a great sin be forgiven? Imam Zeynel Abidin (عليه السلام) replied, it cannot, and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will make it such that this man won’t have the ability (Tawfiq) ever to perform this Namaz-e-Ghufayla prayer

--------------

Another version:

سأل يزيد بن معاوية لعنة الله عليه، الإمام زين العابدين سلام الله عليه، هل لي من توبة وقد قتلت أباك أبا عبد الله (عليه السلام)؟ فقال له الإمام السجاد عليه السلام: نعم ؛ وهي أن تصلي صلاة "الغفيلة" أربعين ليلة أو قال أربعين جمعة! فغضبت العقيلة زينب سلام الله عليها، وعاتبت الإمام السجاد سلام الله عليه؛ فقال لها سلام الله عليه: لا عليك يا عمة، إنه لا يوفق لها.

This is Allah's mercy. The will to forgive the killers of Hussain عليه السلام. However, the criteria is 'Tawfiq'

19 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Once a man after the tragedy of Karbala came into the presence of Imam Zeynel Abidin (عليه السلام) and Syeda Zainab (sa) and said, Ya Imam, I am one of those who were involved in the killing of your father in Karbala and I wished to be forgiven, hence advice, what am I suppose to do to be forgiven?

Imam Zeynel Abidin (عليه السلام) thought about it and replied, to pray Namaz-e-Ghufayla prayer.

This man was very happy after hearing the advice from Imam and left. Syeda Zainab (sa) observing this, asked Imam Zeynel Abidin (عليه السلام), how can such a great sin be forgiven? Imam Zeynel Abidin (عليه السلام) replied, it cannot, and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will make it such that this man won’t have the ability (Tawfiq) ever to perform this Namaz-e-Ghufayla prayer

--------------

Another version:

سأل يزيد بن معاوية لعنة الله عليه، الإمام زين العابدين سلام الله عليه، هل لي من توبة وقد قتلت أباك أبا عبد الله (عليه السلام)؟ فقال له الإمام السجاد عليه السلام: نعم ؛ وهي أن تصلي صلاة "الغفيلة" أربعين ليلة أو قال أربعين جمعة! فغضبت العقيلة زينب سلام الله عليها، وعاتبت الإمام السجاد سلام الله عليه؛ فقال لها سلام الله عليه: لا عليك يا عمة، إنه لا يوفق لها.

This is Allah's mercy. The will to forgive the killers of Hussain عليه السلام. However, the criteria is 'Tawfiq'

His authentic is this?

On 6/27/2019 at 7:33 PM, eThErEaL said:

His authentic is this?

It is not realible. Another version it says Yazid is seeking repentance:

Some people claim that when Yazid b. Mu'awiya murdered Imam Husayn (a) and witnessed people's dissatisfaction about the event, he asked Imam al-Sajjad (a) if there was a way for him to be saved from this sin. The Imam (a) told him that he could perform the repentance by saying the Ghufayla prayer. Lady Zaynab (a) asked the Imam (a) why he taught the way of repentance to the murderer of his father. Imam Sajjad (a) replied that Yazid will not be able to say the Ghufayla prayer.

This hadith is not cited in reliable collections of hadiths, and its content has been subject to objections.

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Ghufayla_Prayer

4 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

That hadith is indeed not reliable, but it does not take away from the Fadhl of Salat al-ghufaila, as it has been mentioned in numerous ahadith to being a very important mustahab prayer.

I agree, Salaat AlGhufaila is very important and recommended.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:05 PM, Ruqaya101 said:

What did you mean by “sincere”?

is it really a sincere struggle?

Some struggles are for the show off, for satisfying ego, or for other reasons, mixed with the intention of seeking Allahs’s pleasure.

If somehow, the sole intention becomes only and only for the sake of Allah, it would become sincere. It’s a hard feet indeed, only a few achieve it.

... a passing comment: Late Ay Khomenei (may Allah increase his levels) while visiting Behest e Zahra graveyard soon after he was welcomed by millions at the airport, was asked, “how do you feel? His answer, “ہیچ” - insignificant.

That sort of struggle, only for Allah...

On 6/26/2019 at 11:56 PM, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

--------------

Another version:

This Hadith sounds off because this doesn’t sound like something Seyyidna Zainab (عليه السلام), a woman of gnosis (marifatullah), would say.  And same applies to Imam Zainul Abideen (عليه السلام).  

Guest Light
On 6/23/2019 at 4:47 PM, Ruqaya101 said:

What exactly we call as His mercy? Forgiving & erasing of sins or not punishing on our sins or what? 
What exactly you know & understand about divine mercy?

28 minutes ago, Guest Light said:

What exactly we call as His mercy? Forgiving & erasing of sins or not punishing on our sins or what? 
What exactly you know & understand about divine mercy?

Mercy is any time we deserve punishment and are not punished.

Salam Ruqaya101, 

What a beautiful question!!! It deserve an answer so Insha Allah I will do my best to give my opinion about this. 

I will tell you in the story form. 

Once a upon a time in a very hot day in a place that was Piously Pure a boy was born. This boy was very peaceful when he was a baby and never gave any hard time to his mother on the first few years. He was the most peaceful baby the mother ever could raise because all he did was SLEEP.. 

as time went pass the boy was growing and he start to understand thing goes around him but then he asks any way what is this, and what is that like most kids do. But this boy was a bit different because he always pays attention to his surroundings and people. So from young age he started to questions and talk and talk to people very curious little boy he was. 

At age of 5 he noticed lots of corruptions within society and he use to say to his mother why do people fight and always angry and his mother said that’s how it is around here but the boy never understood that answer to justify what was going on. 

As time passes at age 12 he get introduced to Allah. This boy was so excited to hear this word because it sound so good. May be because he hears it in the background when his parents pray. But never less at the age 12 he gets to study about Allah. He gets so interested in Allah that because everything about him is beautiful and non contradictory. He started taking classes for Talawa reading the Qur'an, He had such a nice voice and the way he pronounce the Quranic words so to the point with passion. He was known to be the one who start the day with reading the Fatiha at school in front of big Assembly every morning he was loving life ....

until he hit puberty and every thing changed ..... 

his interested from Allah to girls , money cars you name it. Yes he believed in Allah but he also believed that he had needs in this world, he needed money to pay bills or else he will go homeless, He also had so much family problems to the point it became un bearable . 

He sometimes prays to Allah and says Allah I am not a disbeliever please look after me 

as time passes you get married and have kids and still going through the same problems since you hit the puberty which is Man my life when I was reading the Qur'an was so good but I have changed. 

So this boy tries to go back his Deen and realises things he never seen which is so much corruption and so many people are divided. But he tried to follow his Deen . 

As time went pass this guy is still feels the same. He sees people with no deen has the best personality and the person with deen with worse personality. 

Why??? Allah Why??? Why am I not happy.. I am doing everything you asked. I asked people with knowledge to teach to be on the right path so I can feel your mercy because of so many sins I committed. But Why don’t I feel your mercy. 

As time went pass one day he stood faceing the QIBLA and said...

Ya Allah I have something to say to you which you already know what I am about to say but I will say it so the I will be witness against my self on the day of Judgement. 

I believe in YOU alone, I believe in your Holy Books , I believe in Hell and Heaven, I believe in the angles and jinns. I also believe in the Prophets and Messengers you have sent. 

HOWEVER, curse your people and curse me , I am done with looking for your mercy. Everyone telling me different thing to receive mercy. But I never do. 

I will not pray nor fast any more but I will be believing in you and in day of Judgement if you say I deserve hell then be it because I rather have this world peaceful and then after hell better than having to living in hell in this world and heareafter. All I ask is one thing give me a the chance to raise my child. 

Oh Allah if you don’t approve of me then I challenge you to teach me yourself because I truely believe you can teach me directly to me. I don’t want to be follow people any more so either you teach me or throw me in hell.. I am done...

As time went pass Ramadan came. And he was very sad. He said I will not fast. There is no point so he didn’t fast. 

He instead, spent the whole month reading the Qur'an. While he was reading the Qur'an BANG he felt Allahs mercy by opening his eyes and his ears. This boy now man started to understand everything, he started to see the sky and Earth in a way that was so amazing just like when he was a kid. He say all the Allah creatures worshipping Allah. Allah told him how to understand Qur'an. Allah told him how to look for the truth, Allah told him how to speak to people with Truth. Allah told him how to think with reason, Allah Taught him how to find Qibla if you were blind. Allah Taught him how to speak with other faith to tell them that we are one nation. Allah opened and filled his heart with soo much NOOOR to point that he also showed him Allahs throne in the SKY. 

HIS life immediately changed. All his worry gone. Now this man only lives by the will of Allah because this world is a test and he is living his last day every day until he meets his Creator. 

But before that happens he must teach and warn so many people of today before the hour comes suddenly. Because then it is too late for Allah mercy. 

Don’t wait for Allah to have mercy on you because he will not until you truely want his mercy you really need to go to him alone and don’t associate anything or anyone when you talk to Allah. You see that’s the trick . .. only if you knew.