Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest lala

Can I get plastic surgery for this reason

Rate this topic

Guest lala

Can you get a nose job if your nose is bumpy? 

Like, normally your nose bridge is supposed to go like this

|    |

|    |

but mine goes likes this:

|   |

(       )

|   |

and it's really really bothering. I never had it, or maybe I had but It was not noticeable, but since the last 3 years it's like reallyyyyy noticeable and I want to get rid of it honestly. But I don't know, is it haram? Because im doing it for cosmetic reasons, not like I have a medical issue. A lot of Muslims say it's haram, but others say you can do it so I don't know who to believe.

Salaam Alaykum Sister,

I bet that no one cares about your nose except yourself. Be relaxed. Ask yourself this question. Do you do this because you want to do it for yourself or other people? 

If you still want to do it, before doing surgery go and search on youtube and see nose plastic surgery and see what they do with you naturally nicely shaped nose.

You should get plastic surgery only because YOU want to. 

How old are you, anyway? If you are young, it might be better to wait a little. 

Guest Valor
On 6/23/2019 at 1:06 PM, Quran313 said:

I bet that no one cares about your nose except yourself.

+1 

And you seem to already know the answer to your question. 

It is allowed in Islam, but I recommend thinking about it for another year or so, just so that you're completely sure on the decision, bc once you do it, you can never go back. Also don't rush it and go to a cheap plastic surgeon, rather save up and go to one with good reviews, bc a girl I know completely messed up her nose (she got it done in Iran though).

On 6/23/2019 at 5:28 PM, Guest lala said:

Can you get a nose job if your nose is bumpy? 

Like, normally your nose bridge is supposed to go like this

|    |

|    |

but mine goes likes this:

|   |

(       )

|   |

and it's really really bothering. I never had it, or maybe I had but It was not noticeable, but since the last 3 years it's like reallyyyyy noticeable and I want to get rid of it honestly. But I don't know, is it haram? Because im doing it for cosmetic reasons, not like I have a medical issue. A lot of Muslims say it's haram, but others say you can do it so I don't know who to believe.

if you want to do it for urself then by all means. Plastic surgery is not haram

I dunno if it LOOKS like the pictures you typed as a description, but mine feels like that, but doesn't show it on the surface. If you ask me, I say don't do it if it's not like a medical reason. =/ I can't justify "it really bothers me" or "I really want it". Allah made you that way and it's not our right to change what isn't ours in the first place. We're supposed to take care of it. No addition or subtraction.

Also there's always the chance that whoever you go to screws up your face. =/ And I'm sure surgeries are expensive.

Cosmetic surgery is not haram, but all surgery has risks. You're probably perfectly normal looking already. I would advise against it, unless the one single cosmetic flaw interferes with your enjoyment of life to the point that repairing it would be worth the risk of death or disfigurement.

Do you some people after they get a nose job done they go back to missing their old nose?!!!!!!! There was a guy who did nose job and the doctor gave him a straighter nose and erased the bump well after a few years the guy said he felt his new perfect nose was the same as anyone with plastic surgery and he missed his bump so he did reverse surgery to get the bump back. He decided the bump gave him character.  Plz google stories such as these and then think about it!

Guest Guest12345

I had surgery a few years ago because I hated my nose my whole life and I do not regret it, however I do regret the surgeon I chose to do it as he did not listen to what I wanted. My advice is to make sure you are doing it for you and be VERY clear about what you want and don’t want. Also keep in mind your breathing will probably change if your nose is made too small so going for a very subtle change is probably safest, and as mentioned by another poster there is always risk of dying when going for a surgery so unless this flaw is really affecting your daily life I would advise against it. Good luck with whatever you decide. 

I think you should go for it. If its something that makes you feel self conscious and bothers you because it doesn't make you feel as beautiful, then why not get it fixed if you can? Its permissible in Islam and if you're doing it to make yourself feel more confidant and beautiful then why would there be a problem? 

I didn't like my nose since forever and last year I decided I wanted to get plastic surgery because I was sick of not feeling beautiful the way I was. I did the surgery when I was 17 which is normal here in Lebanon. Ever since, I wake up and feel better about myself. I am more confident and thats what I care about. A LOT of people told me not to do it and then asked me why when I did do it, but I don't it. Whats the big deal? If I want it and its halal then whats the problem?

However, as mentioned above, all surgery does have its risks. But your surgery is a simple rhinoplasty to remove a common bump that lots of people have. You shouldn't worry about it:)