Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Pingu

When does asr become qaza?

Rate this topic

Zuhr prayer time expires few minutes before sunset which is just enough to offer `asr prayer while `asr prayer time ends at sunset. Offering zuhr prayer at the time special for `asr one is invalid and it is considered as qada' [I.e. if you have only time to offer four rak'ahs before sunset, you should offer 'asr as ada' and then zuhr as qazaa].
With prayers for your success
If one can pray duhr before sunset but has no time to perform asr, does my intention have to be qada for duhr and asr or just asr?

17 hours ago, Hassan- said:
Zuhr prayer time expires few minutes before sunset which is just enough to offer `asr prayer while `asr prayer time ends at sunset. Offering zuhr prayer at the time special for `asr one is invalid and it is considered as qada' [I.e. if you have only time to offer four rak'ahs before sunset, you should offer 'asr as ada' and then zuhr as qazaa].
With prayers for your success
If one can pray duhr before sunset but has no time to perform asr, does my intention have to be qada for duhr and asr or just asr?

So if someone were to do zuhr then does asr but time runs it in his asr. Will his zuhr be valid as he didn't have enough time?

23 hours ago, Pingu said:

So if someone were to do zuhr then does asr but time runs it in his asr. Will his zuhr be valid as he didn't have enough time?

I did not get it, you meant if someone prayed Zuhr before the sunset start? 

I want to share a good advice. Try hard to offer prayers as soon as the time begins. There are several hadiths for this. One from Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام) even calls those people cursed who delay fajr prayer until the stars can not be seen and the maghrib until stars can be seen. I know its a difficult one. Ayt. Behjat (رضي الله عنه). strongly recommends praying as soon as the salat time begins and says there are special perks for those who do so. My own experience tells me that I feel so much more relaxed and healthier by doing this. Albeit I also have problem at zuhr time with this, I am trying to ascertain why but I have improved.

23 hours ago, Diaz said:

I did not get it, you meant if someone prayed Zuhr before the sunset start? 

He prays zuhr, then does asr but if sunset takes place during the asr namaz, it will be invalid, but my question is will his zuhr namaz (which he did before sunset)  be invalid too?

21 minutes ago, Pingu said:

He prays zuhr, then does asr but if sunset takes place during the asr namaz, it will be invalid, but my question is will his zuhr namaz (which he did before sunset)  be invalid too?

Yes, it will be invalid. He should pray it as Qada.