Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Abu Hadi

Trump & US / Iran tensions [ANALYSIS]

Rate this topic

Upon further research; I'm not sure about Iran's chances. This is an unwinnable war. I know my sentiment earlier was much different; but as of right now, I don't think Iran has even the slightest chance of coming out victorious in the scenario of a war. I'm not anti Iran. I'm just stating what I see. 

First of all, let's be real here. Anything America touches, turns into destruction. All they do & know is annihilation. How can one logically even think Iran could win against the power house that the United States is? Anybody that ends up in a confrontation with America ends up being the loser & their country decimated. The U.S. is just one country away from taking out 7 countries, like retired American Commander General Wesley Clark had mentioned. The last country being Iran. 

Iran will put up a good fight for sure. But in the end, America always has their way. They have brought Iran to their knees & are just squeezing them even more until its the right time to strike. America's military might is practically endless. America has nuclear weapons. Iran does not. 

That said; let's look at the recent events with the seizure of the British tanker. I personally think that the U.K sent an empty tanker on purpose, so that when the next ships go through with oil & important stuff on it, Iran won't seize them because they have already seized this recent one. Iran isn't going to just keep seizing every ship.

Also another very important fact I would like to point out, is that Israel test piloted their new stealth F35 figher jet. They literally violated Iranian airspace, flew into Tehran, took pictures of their air defense systems, their underground bunkers & important areas. They did all this undetected by Iranian air defense systems. Everyone is praising the Iranian military might for downing an American drone, but yet Israel went undetected through their country. Here is the link to the article.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/iranian-commander-kept-secret-israeli-f-35-stealth-fighters-had-violated-Iran-airspace 

With all that being said, Iran is overpowered by the opposition's military. You have basically everyone against Iran. And as you can see by recent events, if war were to break out, then it is most likely that the U.K and their allies will be taking the hits for a while, instead of America.

You can hear the drums of war. They're squeezing Iran. Eventually, Iran will be weak enough for them to strike. It seems as though they're going to destroy Iran from the inside. They want Iran to be like another Syria. They want chaos. They want a civil war. Iran doesn't have many cards to play. And whatever America wants, they always get. Anything America gets their hands on, turns into destruction. Iran is just the last piece of their puzzle. 

Please do share your guys' thoughts.

Ya Mahdi.

Edited by RepentantServant

Guest Guest 89
25 minutes ago, RepentantServant said:

Upon further research; I'm not sure about Iran's chances. This is an unwinnable war. I know my sentiment earlier was much different; but as of right now, I don't think Iran has even the slightest chance of coming out victorious in the scenario of a war. I'm not anti Iran. I'm just stating what I see. 

First of all, let's be real here. Anything America touches, turns into destruction. All they do & know is annihilation. How can one logically even think Iran could win against the power house that the United States is? Anybody that ends up in a confrontation with America ends up being the loser & their country decimated. The U.S. is just one country away from taking out 7 countries, like retired American Commander General Wesley Clark had mentioned. The last country being Iran. 

Iran will put up a good fight for sure. But in the end, America always has their way. They have brought Iran to their knees & are just squeezing them even more until its the right time to strike. America's military might is practically endless. America has nuclear weapons. Iran does not. 

That said; let's look at the recent events with the seizure of the British tanker. I personally think that the U.K sent an empty tanker on purpose, so that when the next ships go through with oil & important stuff on it, Iran won't seize them because they have already seized this recent one. Iran isn't going to just keep seizing every ship.

Also another very important fact I would like to point out, is that Israel test piloted their new stealth F35 figher jet. They literally violated Iranian airspace, flew into Tehran, took pictures of their air defense systems, their underground bunkers & important areas. They did all this undetected by Iranian air defense systems. Everyone is praising the Iranian military might for downing an American drone, but yet Israel went undetected through their country. Here is the link to the article.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/iranian-commander-kept-secret-israeli-f-35-stealth-fighters-had-violated-Iran-airspace 

With all that being said, Iran is overpowered by the opposition's military. You have basically everyone against Iran. And as you can see by recent events, if war were to break out, then it is most likely that the U.K and their allies will be taking the hits for a while, instead of America.

You can hear the drums of war. They're squeezing Iran. Eventually, Iran will be weak enough for them to strike. It seems as though they're going to destroy Iran from the inside. They want Iran to be like another Syria. They want chaos. They want a civil war. Iran doesn't have many cards to play. And whatever America wants, they always get. Anything America gets their hands on, turns into destruction. Iran is just the last piece of their puzzle. 

Ya Mahdi.

Not going to lie too man. I agree. It looks like they're gearing up for an all out war in the next few years. Maybe sooner. But either way, it isn't looking good for Iran.

6 hours ago, RepentantServant said:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/show-force-did-Israel-fly-new-f-35-fighters-over-Iran-57852. Questionable story.

The US will destroy Iran ultimately though you're right. Years of economic mismanagement and a highly centralized economy has meant that it is relatively easy to sanction it, and Iran is very dependent on oil exports, so putting pressure on other countries to not buy Iranian oil has worked pretty well. I don't see a way out of this that doesn't end in a military confrontation. The war will probably be fought in multiple countries, it will be economically damaging to the US, Israel and Saudi Arabia, they will lose quite a bit of lives but ultimately it will be a lot more damaging to Iran. The infrastructure will be ruined, millions will be left without homes, food etc. It is doubtful if the US will be able to get the political outcome it desires because regime change will actually involve ground troops and the US is horrendous at occupying countries and land warfare, but it won't necessarily matter as Iran will have to rebuild infrastructure and it will take years if not decades to do so, and its not unlikely that there will be a consistent bombing campaign like there was in Iraq from 1991-2003 to prevent Iran from regaining any of its military capabilities.

This is the problem when you don't build up your economy and proceed to attempt to help liberation struggles in other places. The US became one of the dominant imperial powers after WW2, when everyone else was weak, and they came out of the war the strongest. So they could afford to be an imperial power. Iran is trying to fight a global order in which it is never going to come out on top, just because of basic economics. Even as it is, Iran is increasingly reliant on China, which is doing bad things to the Uyghurs but Iran has no choice because I think they never foresaw the impact of being so ideologically entrenched in one direction. The US may be an imperialist actor on the world stage, but China doesn't promise to be much better in my view. It isn't wise to align yourself strongly in one direction or another. You either balance or you build yourself up to the point where you can chart an independent course without ruining your economy. 

Edited by Mohamed1993

Personally, I don't anticipate a US-Iran war. Maybe an Israel-Iran war with the US and Russia making weapon sales in the shadows. But no direct conflict between the US and Iran.

I think Iran is too advanced of a Nation for there to be US public interest in war with them. They aren't like the Taliban or Isis which have a public perception of being a bit more "wild". Yes, there may be aggressive words going back and forth, but realistically, I don't see Iran attacking any US warships, and we don't see the US attacking any of Iran's revolutionary guard. 

Even though the US and Iran don't like each other, I think that war would be unfavorable for both. We saw what happened in Iraq, it was ugly and the invasion really only made the region more unstable and dangerous, even for Americans. Afghanistan has been a big failure. It's cost and death toll continues to rise and it is as unstable as ever. Granted, in Iraq we had Saddam invading allies and carpet bombing his own people, and in Afghanistan we had al queda training camps and a bunch of rag tag fundamentalists plotting attacks against western nations. But Iran isn't invading our allies. Iran isn't financing attacks in Western countries. Iran really isn't acting in a way in which western lives are in severe and obvious danger. 

From a business perspective, invasion wouldn't help fill our pockets and if there is no immediate danger to American lives then there isn't much incentive.

I think we simply need a president, or presidents of both nation's, that are willing to make bold steps towards improving relations. And that might start with reparations of the controversial nuclear deal. 

13 hours ago, RepentantServant said:

Ya Mahdi.

In a war between Iran and US, it's really not appropriate to talk about a 'winner'. There would be massive amounts of casualties on both sides. For the US, the main target would be Iranian civilian and military infrastructure. Roads, Bridges, water/sewer plants, power grid, telecom, military bases, etc. Their goal is to take out the government and top leadership of the IRI. They know this won't be easy, they have been trying to do this since the 1980s and nothing they have tried so far has worked. There is a theory inside Washington that has gained currency with some parts of the government that if we obliterate the infrastructure of the country and people can't get fuel, electricity, can't go anywhere because roads are knocked out, can't call anyone because telecom is gone, they will get so mad they will turn on the government and government will be forced to flee. I don't think that will happen, myself, but that is the theory now. 

For Iran, they will immediately attack US bases around Persian gulf, and US Ships in the area. This is a 'target rich' environment since there are many of them. Those bases and those ships will be destroyed rather quickly. If the war goes on longer, I think they will begin launching missiles at Israel. Then Israel will retaliate. If that happens, I think we are in WWIII at that point and each country will choose sides. Then we are talking casualties in the millions and a global economic meltdown. What happens after that noone knows.  Most people in the US, as well as in Iran and around the world are hoping it doesn't reach that stage. 

But I think US and Israel want to avoid this last stage from happening at all costs. If a war reached that stage, all bets are off and the existence of the US and Israel would be in jepordy just as the existence or Iran would be. The geo political shifts that would occur as a result of a war like that would mean that world that existed before this war would no longer exist after it. 

13 hours ago, RepentantServant said:

America has nuclear weapons. Iran does not. 

Salam Iran has faith but america doesn't have faith in war ,anyway both side don't want to start of war although both side have this chance many times but Iran strategy is not fighting with America or others from beginning Iran strategy based on surviving until reappearance of Imam Mahdi that sometimes needs being firm & respond to any violation toward Iran by any foreign force or sometimes is peaceful talking that Iran tries to makes balance between these two because in world , only two countries are assuming protection by divine protection that most well known of these two is Israel that some Christian evangelists are supporting this idea that are supporting Israel by American force & less known other one is Iran that claims protection from Allah & Imam Mahdi (aj) that Israel & it's allies know that claim is false but they are good at propaganda which in Qur'an says they only can fight with Muslims from behind their castles & you see them as united but their hearts are against each another so hving Nuclear weapons doesn't help them at all & only makes trouble for them & based on interpretations of Qur'an by both Sunnis & Shias the powerful nation that Allah  loves them & they love Allah is Iranians that are following the way of Salman the  Persian not ones that are betraying to Iran although they have Iranian background but are helping enemies of Iran.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

FT columnist tells it like it is. He's not going to be popular with the Neo-cons.

107908793_Screenshot2019-07-24at00_07_31.thumb.png.20fc895ec5130cb7911c1574fe01d981.png

https://www.ft.com/content/ac261994-ad41-11e9-8030-530adfa879c2

Yes, the Persoid/Green movement disinclination from regional influence did seem to be a line sold to their leaders by foreign agents.

Iranian FM congratulates Johnson, warns United Kingdom against engaging in B-Team’s ploys

https://en.abna24.com/news//iranian-fm-congratulates-johnson-warns-United Kingdom-against-engaging-in-b-team’s-ploys_963876.html

July 23, 2019 - 7:43 PM News Code : 963876 Source : TasnimLink: 

Iranian FM congratulates Johnson, warns UK against engaging in B-Team’s ploys

(the picture is about B.J visit to Iran for releasing British spy that he couldn't do it at the end)

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif congratulated his former counterpart, Boris Johnson, on becoming Britain’s prime minister, and warned London not to engage in implementing the ploys of the so-called B-Team. 

71ecef1c3ff7997cdacd464143cbfc63_253.jpg 

chief police of UAE tweet :why Trump acts like a lion over Arabs  but becomes a rabbit against Iran ?

https://fa.abna24.com/news/اخبار-آسیای-غربی-و-خاورمیانه/ضاحی-خلفان-چرا-ترامپ-در-برابر-ایران-خرگوش-است؟_755384.html

At meeting of high-ranking delegations of Iran and Iraq;

Pres. Rouhani: Iran main protector of navigation freedom, security in Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz, Sea of Oman

https://en.abna24.com/news//pres-rouhani-Iran-main-protector-of-navigation-freedom-security-in-persian-gulf-strait-of-hormuz-sea-of-oman_963848.html

July 23, 2019 - 4:57 PM News Code : 963848 Source : President.irLink: 

Pres. Rouhani: Iran main protector of navigation freedom, security in Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz, Sea of Oman

Speaking at the meeting of high-ranking delegations of Iran and Iraq, President Rouhani described meetings and visits of Iranian and Iraqi officials effective in development of relations and cooperation, adding, "Fortunately in recent years, effective steps have been taken for deepening Tehran-Baghdad relations, and this trend will continue".

Iranian FM arrives in Bolivia for talks on bilateral issues

https://en.abna24.com/news//iranian-fm-arrives-in-bolivia-for-talks-on-bilateral-issues_963873.html

July 23, 2019 - 7:13 PM News Code : 963873 Source : IRNALink: 

Iranian FM arrives in Bolivia for talks on bilateral issues

Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif arrived in Santa Cruz, Bolivia on Tuesday on the last leg of his tour to three Latin American countries. 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif arrived in Santa Cruz, Bolivia on Tuesday on the last leg of his tour to three Latin American countries. 

Upon arrival in Bolivia, Zarif was accorded warm welcome by the country’s Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Carmen Almendras. 

The Iranian foreign minister is scheduled to meet with Bolivian President Evo Morales, Minister of Foreign Affairs Diego Pary and some other top-ranking officials of the country. 

During his meetings in Bolivia, Zarif will discuss a range of issues of bilateral and international significance. 

Zarif had earlier visited Nicaragua after visiting Venezuela for Non-Aligned Movement meeting. 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Former United Kingdom Ambassador, Craig Murray, writes:

"The British seizure of the Iranian tanker off Gibraltar was illegal. There is no doubt of that whatsoever. Iran could declare sanctions against Saudi oil being delivered to Europe and close the Straits of Hormuz to such shipping, or Indonesia could declare sanctions on EU goods going to Australia and close the Malacca Strait, or Russia could declare sanctions on goods going to Ukraine and close the Strait of Kerch............

I was for three years the Head of the Maritime Section of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. I was Alternate Head of the United Kingdom Delegation to the UN Preparatory Commission on the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea. I both negotiated, and drafted parts of, the Protocol that enabled the Convention to come into force. I was the Head of the FCO Section of the Embargo Surveillance Centre and responsible for giving real time political and legal clearance, 24 hours a day, for naval boarding operations in the Gulf to enforce a UN mandated embargo. There are very few people alive who combine both my practical experience and theoretical knowledge of precisely the subject here discussed."

https://www.craigmurray.org.United Kingdom/archives/2019/07/tanker-seizures-and-the-threat-to-the-global-economy-from-resurgent-imperialism/

US imposes sanctions on Iran’s FM

https://en.abna24.com/news//us-imposes-sanctions-on-Iran’s-fm_966245.html

August 1, 2019 - 4:59 PM News Code : 966245 Source : Press TVLink: 
US imposes sanctions on Iran’s FM

The administration of US President Donald Trump has imposed sanctions on Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif for what Iran calls “great fear” of his eloquent delivery of the Iranian nation’s message to the world. 

"Thank you for considering me such a huge threat to your agenda," Zarif reiterated. 

https://en.abna24.com/news//sanctions-on-irans-zarif-childish-move_966354.html

https://en.abna24.com/news//zarif’s-sanction-illustrating-us-desperation_966364.html

https://en.abna24.com/news//pres-rouhani-sanctions-sign-of-inability-against-iranian-nation’s-dignity-power_966261.html

UN chief expresses concern over rising tensions in Persian Gulf

https://en.abna24.com/news//un-chief-expresses-concern-over-rising-tensions-in-persian-gulf_966615.html

August 3, 2019 - 6:11 PM News Code : 966615 Source : IRNALink: 

UN chief expresses concern over rising tensions in Persian Gulf

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has repeatedly called on all involved parties to refrain from any actions that may lead to the escalation of tensions in the Persian Gulf. 

Qom Friday Prayer Leader:‎

Iran acts on basis of rationality, won’t surrender to any threat

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran-acts-on-basis-of-rationality-won’t-surrender-to-any-threat_966586.html

August 3, 2019 - 4:32 PM News Code : 966586 Source : RasaLink: 

Iran acts on basis of rationality, won’t surrender to any threat

Ayatollah Arafi ‎described the actions of the Islamic Revolution as based on logic and ‎rationality and said “Everyone knows that Iran is acting on the basis of rationality and ‎wisdom but won’t surrender to any threat.”‎

Iran official calls for compensation for tanker seizure

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran-official-calls-for-compensation-for-tanker-seizure_970136.html

August 20, 2019 - 11:50 PM News Code : 970136 Source : ParsTodayLink: 

Iran official calls for compensation for tanker seizure

Judiciary chief Ebrahim Raisi says Iran should be compensated for the seizure of an oil supertanker off the coast of Gibraltar after it was released on Thursday.

Judiciary Chief: Britain should compensate for seizure of Iranian oil tanker

https://en.abna24.com/news//judiciary-chief-britain-should-compensate-for-seizure-of-iranian-oil-tanker_970029.html

August 19, 2019 - 5:24 PM News Code : 970029 Source : FNALink: 

Judiciary Chief: Britain should compensate for seizure of Iranian oil tanker

Iran's Judiciary Chief Ebrahim Rayeesi said London should pay compensation for the financial losses incurred by Tehran due to the detention of its oil tanker in the Strait of Gibraltar for over a month. 

Iran not interested in renewing nuclear talks with US: FM Zarif

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran-not-interested-in-renewing-nuclear-talks-with-us-fm-zarif_970139.html

August 21, 2019 - 12:00 AM News Code : 970139 Source : ParsTodayLink: 

Iran not interested in renewing nuclear talks with US: FM Zarif

Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif says the Islamic Republic has no interest in engaging in a fresh round of nuclear talks with the United States, over a year after Washington unilaterally withdrew from a previous landmark agreement reached between Iran and the 5+1 group in 2015.

Several weapons and ammunition depots controlled by Iraqi militias with ties to Iran have mysteriously come under attack in recent months. At least one of the attacks was carried out by Israel, a US official told The Wall Street Journal Friday, with multiple other outlets also confirming Israeli involvement. The attack is said to have killed two Iranian commanders. 

Israel has launched multiple attacks in Syria and elsewhere against Iranian forces and their proxies to prevent them from setting up weaponry near Israel's borders. The latest incident appears to mark the first known Israeli attack in Iraq since 1981, when Israeli forces destroyed the country's Osirak nuclear reactor.

https://www.businessinsider.com/Israel-secretly-expanded-Iran-fight-to-Iraq-in-major-escalation-2019-8?r=US&IR=T

US blacklists Iranian-operated Adrian Darya 1, sanctions captain

https://en.abna24.com/news//us-blacklists-iranian-operated-adrian-darya-1-sanctions-captain_972838.html

August 31, 2019 - 12:44 PM News Code : 972838 Source : Press TVLink: 

US blacklists Iranian-operated Adrian Darya 1, sanctions captain

The United States has blacklisted the Iranian-operated supertanker Adrian Darya 1 and sanctioned its captain, according to the US Treasury Department. 

Iran's President: We have to use friendly countries’ potentials for settling issues

https://en.abna24.com/news//irans-president-we-have-to-use-friendly-countries’-potentials-for-settling-issues_972396.html

August 28, 2019 - 5:22 PM News Code : 972396 Source : President.irLink: 

Iran's President: We have to use friendly countries’ potentials for settling issues

Iran's President described serving people honestly as the first and foremost responsibility of the government saying, “The main goal of the government by working in different domestic and foreign fields is protecting the national interests, increasing people’s welfare, social growth and development, Iran’s pride and promotion of Islamic culture”. 

Iran’s withdrawal from third step seems probable: Zarif

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran’s-withdrawal-from-third-step-seems-probable-zarif_973083.html

September 1, 2019 - 6:29 PM News Code : 973083 Source : IRNALink: 

Iran’s withdrawal from third step seems probable: Zarif

Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif said on Sunday that in cast the Europeans fulfill their pledges in due time, Iran might step back from implementation of its third step in reducing its obligations within the JCPOA. 

President Rouhani in his earlier letter has pointed out this issue, he said. 

Answering to the question whether the details of the third step have been specified or not, the top diplomat stated that the government's proposals regarding the third step are clear and I will officially announce it as soon as a final decision is taken. 

Zarif underlined that Iran has never left the negotiating table and has always stated that is ready to implement the JCPOA and if the Europeans fulfill their obligations, Iran will resume fulfilling its obligations. The action that Iran has taken is in the context of Article 36 of the JCPOA and we will continue our negotiations. 

Asked about the reason why behind Araghchi’s trip to France, the Foreign Minister said in the two rounds of talks I had in France and the discussions that Araghchi and central bank officials will have tomorrow, we will discuss how Europe will take steps in this regard. 

Zarif, in response to another question about how Iran would take a third step in reducing its obligations, highlighted that Iranian side needs to negotiate with the Europeans to determine how they can fulfill their commitments and how to fulfill the European obligations is the topic of the talks. "If they can live up to their commitments, Tehran welcomes unless we'll take the third step." 

On latest status of European financial mechanism known as INSTEX, the high ranking official made the remark that as Iran has said from the beginning, INSTEX is a prelude to the fulfillment of Europe's commitments, and the Europeans and other members of the JCPOA have made commitments. Of course, we are not in any way putting China and Russia alongside Europe because China and Russia have continued their relations with Iran, but the Europeans have almost severed their trade relations with Iran, and they need to take the necessary steps. 

3 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Diplomatic effort is rubbish. They all want to see Iran capitulate. It should make an exception, build WMDs, lots of them, like North Korea. Its the only language the savages understand.

Iran has mini-satellites. These have gone over the US. lRl has likely done what the CCCP did in the early 70s, put a bio on a missile (freeze dried hamsters all ground up with <10% survival rate)

Pres. Rouhani: US found out that Iranian nation won’t yield to pressures

https://en.abna24.com/news//pres-rouhani-us-found-out-that-iranian-nation-won’t-yield-to-pressures_973414.html

September 3, 2019 - 11:28 AM News Code : 973414 Source : President.irLink: 

Pres. Rouhani: US found out that Iranian nation won’t yield to pressures

Iran's President said, “Based on the enemies’ calculations, no country could tolerate their inclusive sanctions for six months, but our people’s strong faith and high cause disrupted the enemies’ calculations”. 

The State Department tried to bribe the captain of an Iranian tanker with several million dollars, but he headed toward Syria instead

• The ship and its captain were sanctioned in August after the US State Department attempted to bribe the captain to steer the ship to a country where the US could seize it. "With this money you can have any life you wish and be well-off in old age," US Special Representative for Iran told the captain in an email.
  • The Financial Times reports that the ship steered round in several "doughnut" maneuvers, suggesting that its captain may been considering the offer.
  • Iran's Adrian Darya 1 oil tanker, formerly known as the Grace 1, turned off its Automatic Identification System and is sailing near the Syrian coast, despite assurances that it wouldn't go to Syria.
  • The British territory of Gibraltar seized the tanker in July on suspicion that it was headed to Syria, violating EU sanctions.

On Thursday, The Financial Times reported that the US State Department had tried to bribe the captain of the Adrian Darya, then called the Grace 1, to pilot the ship to a country which would allow the US to seize the tanker.

"This is Brian Hook . . . I work for secretary of state Mike Pompeo and serve as the US Representative for Iran," Hook wrote to captain Akhilesh Kumar on August 26. Hook offered Kumar several million dollars to cooperate through the Rewards for Justice program, aState Department program aimed at combating terrorism.

"With this money you can have any life you wish and be well-off in old age," Hook later wrote to Kumar. But, he said, "If you choose not to take this easy path, life will be much harder for you."

The Financial Times reports that Kumar piloted the ship in several "doughnut" maneuvers, indicating that he may have been considering the offer. Ultimately, he did not respond to the emails and the Department of the Treasury imposed sanctions on him and the Adrian Darya on August 31.

In response to the Financial Times report, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif said in a tweet on Twitter: "After failing to piracy, the United States is resorting to direct blackmail.

Adrian Darya Grace 1

A crew member takes pictures with a mobile phone on Iranian oil tanker Adrian Darya 1, previously named Grace 1, as it sits anchored after the Supreme Court of the British territory lifted its detention order, in the Strait of Gibraltar, Spain, August 18, 2019.

Jon Nazca / File Photo / REUTERS

https://www.yjc.ir/en/news/43421/us-blacklists-iranian-operated-adrian-darya-1-sanctions-captain

https://en.abna24.com/news//us-blacklists-iranian-operated-adrian-darya-1-sanctions-captain_972838.html

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/world/us-blacklists-iranian-oil-tanker-adrian-darya-1-sanctions-Indian-captain/article29307329.ece

https://en.abna24.com/news//us-threatens-visa-ban-as-iranian-run-tanker-sets-to-sail_969209.html

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Pres. Rouhani:

Iran’s 3rd phase of reducing JCPOA commitments to be announced today or tomorrow

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran’s-3rd-phase-of-reducing-jcpoa-commitments-to-be-announced-today-or-tomorrow_973695.html

September 4, 2019 - 4:04 PM News Code : 973695 Source : President.irLink: 

Iran’s 3rd phase of reducing JCPOA commitments to be announced today or tomorrow

Iran's President described the process of negotiations between Iran and the signatories to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) progressive and stated that despite the settlement of a key part of disagreements with Europe, we have not reached the final agreement yet”. 

Referring to the nuclear agreement between Iran and the P5+1, Dr. Rouhani said, "Effort were made to make the agreement work well, but the United States withdrew from it without a reason and even a pretext, but the non-Americans were more successful in this regard". 

The president said, “Within the US, there are hardliners, including the Zionists, neocons and racists, who do not want a good relationship between Iran and the United States to happen”. 

Dr. Rouhani also referred to the racist Zionist Regime and some reactionaries in the region as the second and third groups opposing these relations, saying, "If they find out that one day a fair relationship can be established between Iran and the United States, they know that their death is imminent because they are just like bubbles on water and will disappear easily”. 

The president added, "Whenever we want to do something, these three groups, which unfortunately dominate the White House, will not let it happen. The reason that the US left the JCPOA is the dominance of these three groups over the White House. They withdrew from the JCPOA and created problems for themselves, us, and the world, and of course we took our steps well, correctly and firmly”. 

British Prime Minister is facing existential problems and is worried about staying in power, so who does he meet?

That Johnson cleared his diary in the middle of domestic political chaos is a mark of Netanyahu’s influence in Downing Street.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/05/israeli-pm-to-urge-boris-johnson-to-end-nuclear-talks-with-Iran

Iran's FM: US OFAC noting but a jail warden

https://en.abna24.com/news//irans-fm-us-ofac-noting-but-a-jail-warden_973907.html

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran-declares-details-of-zarifs-letter-to-mogherini_973908.html

September 6, 2019 - 12:49 PM News Code : 973907 Source : Iran PressLink: 

Iran's FM: US OFAC noting but a jail warden

In his recent tweet also, Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif reacted to the US blackmail to the Indian captain of 'Adrian Darya 1' and said that US blackmail is turning to a pattern.

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): In his recent tweet also, Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif reacted to the US blackmail to the Indian captain of 'Adrian Darya 1' and said that US blackmail is turning to a pattern.

Mohammed Javad Zarif asserted that the only way to get freed from the US terrorism is to avoid the hangman of noose of the US.

In his recent trip to Norway, Mohammed Javad Zarif delivered a speech among the Iranian residents, saying that Europe could resist against US economic pressure and avoid having its decrees determined by such US small office as OFAC.

The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) has made such attempts in the recent months to sanction all of the dimensions of Iran's power, including political, economic, energy, industrial, and technological dimensions.

Pres. Rouhani:

Iran's third step to begin Friday; Atomic Energy Org. authorized to do whatever needed in nuclear technology, research

https://en.abna24.com/news//irans-third-step-to-begin-friday-atomic-energy-org-authorized-to-do-whatever-needed-in-nuclear-technology-research_973842.html

September 5, 2019 - 4:39 PM News Code : 973842 Source : President.irLink: 

Iran's third step to begin Friday; Atomic Energy Org. authorized to do whatever needed in nuclear technology, research

Speaking after the meeting of the heads of the three branches, President announced that Iran's third step in reducing its JCPOA commitments will begin on Friday and the Atomic Energy Organisation must do whatever the country needs for development and research in nuclear technology.

The president added, "Because of the P4+1's failure to meet their commitments after the US' withdrawal, the path we chose since four months ago regarding the JCPOA was to reduce commitments".

Dr. Rouhani added, "We made the first phase of commitment reductions, then we gave the P4+1 two months, we went on to the second phase and we gave them 2 more months, but every 2 months we had negotiations with the P4+1, inducing the European Union, and in particular three European countries, but because we didn't achieve our desired result, the third step will be taken tomorrow".

Referring to the steps taken to reduce commitments in the third step, the President stated, "In the third step, the Atomic Energy Organisation is required to start whatever technical needs of the country are in the field of research and development immediately, and put aside all commitments in the field of research and development in all kinds of new centrifuges and everything we need for enrichment".

"Of course, we know that this is a very big step for the Islamic Republic of Iran. To keep people informed, most of the negotiations with the P5+1 and the 6 major powers over years were carried out regarding the R&D scheduling," he said.

The President reiterated, "All of our commitments for research and development under the JCPOA will be completely removed by Friday, and everything we need technically and in terms of nuclear technology will be dome under the IAEA's supervision, within the framework of peaceful activities, and at the same time giving 2 months to the P4+1. If we could reach an agreement, we may return to our obligations under the terms of that agreement".

US’ maximum pressure policy defeated by Iran’s resistance strategy: Shamkhani

https://en.abna24.com/news//us’-maximum-pressure-policy-defeated-by-Iran’s-resistance-strategy-shamkhani_974142.html

September 7, 2019 - 8:45 PM News Code : 974142 Source : TasnimLink: 

US’ maximum pressure policy defeated by Iran’s resistance strategy: Shamkhani

Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Shamkhani highlighted the ineffectiveness of US sanctions against the Islamic Republic and said Washington’s policy of “maximum pressure” has been defeated by Iran’s strategy of active resistance.

Iranian border guard martyred in clashes with armed elements

https://en.abna24.com/news//iranian-border-guard-martyred-in-clashes-with-armed-elements_974116.html

September 7, 2019 - 6:16 PM News Code : 974116 Source : Press TVLink: 

Iranian border guard martyred in clashes with armed elements

An Iranian border guard has been killed in clashes with armed elements in country's northwestern Kordestan Province.

Tehran's Friday Prayers:

Senior cleric hails Iran for halting more JCPOA commitments

https://en.abna24.com/news//senior-cleric-hails-Iran-for-halting-more-jcpoa-commitments_974106.html

September 7, 2019 - 5:15 PM News Code : 974106 Source : FNALink: 

Senior cleric hails Iran for halting more JCPOA commitments

Tehran's provisional Friday Prayers leader Hojjatoleslam Mohammed Javad Haj Ali Akbari blasted the US for creating problems for the European countries and preventing them from fulfilling their nuclear deal commitments, and said that the Iranian authorities are stepping in the right direction by reducing their commitments under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).

Minister of Interior Affairs:

Iran seeking peace, stability for entire region

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran-seeking-peace-stability-for-entire-region_975149.html

September 13, 2019 - 6:43 PM News Code : 975149 Source : IRNALink: 

Iran seeking peace, stability for entire region

Iran's Minister of Interior Affairs Abdolreza Rahmani-Fazli said Iran is after establishing peace and stability in the whole region.

Speaking in a meeting with his Kyrgyz counterpart Colonel Kashkar Junushaliev, Fazli said both countries enjoy many historical, cultural and religious commonalities.

He also pointed out that 15 MoUs have been signed between Iran and Kyrgyzstan during the President Hassan Rouhani’s term.

Iran’s President to visit Turkey for trilateral summit on Syria

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran’s-president-to-visit-turkey-for-trilateral-summit-on-syria_975148.html

September 13, 2019 - 6:35 PM News Code : 975148 Source : TasnimLink: 

Iran’s President to visit Turkey for trilateral summit on Syria

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani will travel to Ankara on Sunday for a trilateral meeting with his Turkish and Russian counterparts on the settlement of the Syrian crisis.

The Iranian president will visit Ankara at the official invitation of his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, deputy head for communications and information at the Iranian president’s office announced.

In phone call with Macron:

Pres. Rouhani: From Iranians point of view negotiating with US pointless under sanctions

https://en.abna24.com/news//pres-rouhani-from-iranians-point-of-view-negotiating-with-us-pointless-under-sanctions_975049.html

September 12, 2019 - 3:46 PM News Code : 975049 Source : President.irLink: 

Pres. Rouhani: From Iranians point of view negotiating with US pointless under sanctions

The Iran's President said the United States has violated its commitments by withdrawing from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), as a multilateral international agreement, stressing, "From the point of view of the Iranian government, parliament and people, negotiating with the US under sanctions is pointless.

Speaking with President Emmanuel Macron of France by telephone on Wednesday evening, Dr. Hassan Rouhani said, "If agreements with Europe are finalised, we are ready to return to our JCPOA obligations and Iran and a P5+1 meeting is only possible when sanctions are lifted”.

During the same phone call, President of France referred to his country's intensive negotiations with American officials regarding a new package, saying, "France will continue its efforts to implement the provisions of the JCPOA and reach an agreement".

Emmanuel Macron also mentioned his country's future plans for continuation of negotiations and reaching an agreement.

The two presidents also agreed to continue their negotiations.

With Israel spying on you, US needs no enemies: Zarif to Trump

https://en.abna24.com/news//with-Israel-spying-on-you-us-needs-no-enemies-zarif-to-trump_975333.html

https://en.abna24.com/news//with-Israel-spying-on-you-us-needs-no-enemies-zarif-to-trump_975333.html

Iran's envoy to UN:

Unilateralism leads to spread of terrorism

https://en.abna24.com/news//unilateralism-leads-to-spread-of-terrorism_975327.html

Iran's envoy to the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York has said expansion of terrorism, extremism and extreme violence in today's world is a direct result of unilateralism and interfering policies of some countries, warning that spread of unilateralism is a real threat for the global community.

Qom Friday Prayer Leader:

Iran isn’t deceived by Trump’s call for negotiations, won’t surrender

https://en.abna24.com/news//Iran-isn’t-deceived-by-Trump’s-call-for-negotiations-won’t-surrender_975323.html

Ayatollah Arafi said that the government must be vigilant in regard to foreign policy and stressed, “Iran isn’t deceived by Donald Trump’s ‘green light’ to engage in negotiations and won’t surrender in the face of hostilities and pressures.”

September 14, 2019 - 4:17 PM News Code : 975333 Source : MehrLink: 
With Israel spying on you, US needs no enemies: Zarif to Trump

Following recent reports about Israel's spying on the White House, Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif told Donald Trump in a tweet that the US needs no enemies with a spy as its "BFF".

The Iranian diplomat mentioned US President Donald Trump in his tweet, saying "With a BFF in the #B_Team — who empties US coffers and takes US foreign policy hostage — SPYING on the US PRESIDENT, America doesn't need enemies."

His tweet included images of a Thursday report by the American political journalism company Politico, in which three informed former senior US officials were quoted as saying that the US government concluded within the past two years that Israel was most likely behind the placement of cell phone surveillance devices that were found near the White House and other sensitive locations around Washington.

Following the publication of the report, Trump, who considers himself as a staunch supporter of Israel, told reporters "I don't think the Israelis were spying on us. My relationship with Israel has been great... Anything is possible but I don't believe it."

Time for some Kipling I think, good reflection on how the Houthis limited weaponry has more than matched a far superior military adversary:

Arithmetic on the Frontier (Kipling)

A GREAT and glorious thing it is
To learn, for seven years or so,
The Lord knows what of that and this,
Ere reckoned fit to face the foe -
The flying bullet down the Pass,
That whistles clear: "All flesh is grass."

Three hundred pounds per annum spent
On making brain and body meeter
For all the murderous intent
Comprised in "villainous saltpetre".
And after?- Ask the Yusufzaies
What comes of all our 'ologies.

A scrimmage in a Border Station-
A canter down some dark defile
Two thousand pounds of education
Drops to a ten-rupee jezail.
The Crammer's boast, the Squadron's pride,
Shot like a rabbit in a ride!

No proposition Euclid wrote
No formulae the text-books know,
Will turn the bullet from your coat,
Or ward the tulwar's downward blow.
Strike hard who cares - shoot straight who can
The odds are on the cheaper man.

One sword-knot stolen from the camp
Will pay for all the school expenses
Of any Kurrum Valley scamp
Who knows no word of moods and tenses,
But, being blessed with perfect sight,
Picks off our messmates left and right.

With home-bred hordes the hillsides teem.
The troopships bring us one by one,
At vast expense of time and steam,
To slay Afridis where they run.
The "captives of our bow and spear"
Are cheap, alas! as we are dear.

Edited by Haji 2003

2 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Time for some Kipling I think,

Yep . . . a rock properly used is just as deadly as a nuke.

Edit/Add l am surprised anyone reads Kipling anymore -other than the Bungle Book.

Edited by hasanhh