Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
King

Shia Imam charged with sexual assault and arrested in Canada

Rate this topic

Just now, forte said:

I disagree.  I think it is important for the Shia community to know about this and not to hide it, in case there are people out there who have been afraid to come forward and need help.  

You are certainly permitted if you intend to keep the eyes closed from the news material mentioned at the links and blaming a school of thought instead of a person makes you happy.

Just now, Muslim2010 said:

You are certainly permitted if you intend to keep the eyes closed from the news material mentioned at the links and blaming a school of thought instead of a person makes you happy.

There was no blaming of a school of thought.  don’t know how you come up with this.

1 minute ago, forte said:

There was no blaming of a school of thought.  don’t know how you come up with this.

Have you read the news material provided at the links? I strongly doubt about it it only mentions the person name and as Imam. Do you see any thing more?

1 hour ago, Ibn al-Hussain said:

:salam:

I am not a fan of Imam Haider at all and find him a very problematic person, but I do hope the allegations are false - especially since he is a popular speaker in the Indo-Pak community and because it is very easy to frame men in the #MeToo era. Unfortunately though, even if they are false and he is freed without conviction, his name will remain tarnished due to the media publicity for a long time to come.

Wasalam

Wa alaykumu salaam

Religious leaders should avoid all situations which could lead to allegations. E.g. they should not meet women in any private places. 

2 hours ago, King said:

Proper checks and balances need to be in place and you shouldn't just believe your child/spouse or other dependents are always safe with esteemed figures in our communities.

Advise then. I've seen that Maulana in the flesh in real life in my mosque and never in a million years would I think that he would do [that]. 

Who knows anymore? Should children be kept away from all people of power, religious figures or not? 

Edited by Ali~J

We are all fallible, that’s why we do taqlid to maraji’ on fiqh issues, and not a random ulama like the man above. Black amamah also doesn’t safeguard one from weaknesses, something that many especially in the Indo-Pak communities, forget. If the charges will be proven, that alim should be judged accordingly as per Canadian laws. He is lucky he doesn’t live in a stare where sharia law governs, so will be spared the capital punishment.

Edited by OrthodoxTruth

44 minutes ago, Ali~J said:

Advise then. I've seen that Maulana in the flesh in real life in my mosque and never in a million years would I think that he would do [that]. 

Who knows anymore? Should we keep children away from all people of power, religious figures or not? 

Just exercise common sense.  Do not leave women, children and dependents alone unsupervised with people you don't know really well.  As far as the religious institutions are concerned they should have similar rules in place.  For example, there should be at least a parent present during religious programs for kids.  As Muhammad Ali said, religious authorities should not be alone with vulnerable individuals for both party's interests.  There are individuals in the community who do not have families and special care should be taken to make sure they are safe when dealing with representatives of religious establishments.

Edited by King

47 minutes ago, Ali~J said:

Who knows anymore? Should children be kept away from all people of power, religious figures or not? 

You could not because it is impossible to make such a judgement from lack of proof. This case is now different because there is claim to such a proof and we need to wait for of while to know the certainty. Saying that he is innocent without proof does not clean his image. We need to be very open in this case because if we found it is truth, then we should be the first people to condemn him. The worst people are the corrupted Scholars.

Edited by Abu Nur

Allah says 

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِن جَاءَكُمْ فَاسِقٌ بِنَبَإٍ فَتَبَيَّنُوا أَن تُصِيبُوا قَوْمًا بِجَهَالَةٍ فَتُصْبِحُوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلْتُمْ نَادِمِينَ

O you who believe! if an evil-doer comes to you with a report, look carefully into it, lest you harm a people in ignorance, then be sorry for what you have done.

not saying it’s impossible this story is true it could be. But I’m against jumping quickly to conclusions. I hope it is not true. Especially parts about possessions I don’t believe that stuff is true.