Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Pingu

We need a Shia youtube channel

Rate this topic

On 6/20/2019 at 8:49 PM, Mohammadi_follower said:

I like a lot their videos which are always very interresting however they are two points I didnt like about them.There was one video were they were litteraly attacking all Shias who disagree with them even Nashkawani (I am not his biggest fan but I think he didnt deserve that) and also one other time where he was a little hypocrit toward our attitudes we must have with Sunnis even describing some great Shia scholars as "extremist" if they were too much openly against some figures respected by Sunnis. Excepted these two points I find their videos in general very good and interresting.

Yeah, I think their channel works best when it's more on generalized topics, but I don't think they've handled the obnoxious Salafi/Wahhabi kafirs too well when it comes to polemics.

However, He (the presenter) does have a great charismatic personality well suited to youtube and productions of that sort though, which is a more positive side of what they have to add to social media. 

Edited by HakimPtsid

I'm a reader more than a watcher, so when it comes to youtube, lectures are more interesting. I really don't have much time or interest on debates and shallow 5 minute clips that tell me nothing new or challenging. Debates especially are like watching an ant crawl across a football field, really, they should just scream some obscenities at each other then both leave the room, that'd be more productive. :rolleyes:

Aside from reading the Islamic sources as they are, reading books, essays, thesis' etc are more beneficial in general. However when there are occasionally youtube channels that appeal towards that side of things, I latch on very quickly. 

Edited by HakimPtsid

We need a Shia version of Adam Saleh Vlogs who is super religious so that many youth can be inspired from them.

Islamic Pulse makes some hawza life vlogs but they don’t post as often due to workload.

The thing is that people in speakers corner, when they debate Shias, become Quranists. “It is so important to follow Ahlul Bayt, yet it is not in Qur'an”. Euhm, so if I show a hadith you reject it??

If someone gives proof even if it is through just sunnah, you accept it.

Laymen Shias are always pressure-cooker by Sunnis who use old arguments, while the layman, just stands there like::help:

Edited by Mortadakerim

On 6/20/2019 at 12:40 AM, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Wow, this particular video was excellent:

To sum it up:

Shamsi: If following Ahlul Bayt is so important, then why is it not in the Qur'an and following sabiqun al awalun of the muhajireen and ansar is mentioned. ( keep in mind that Imam Ali was the greatest and most intellectual of the muhajireen and the ansar)?

So shamsi rejects Hadith-al-Thaqalayn

It is haram to reject sunnah, but okayyyy :D

Edited by Mortadakerim