Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

How accurate is the following statement by the Government of Canada 'Department of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness' regarding Hizbullah???

:confused::confused::tongueangry:

Please help, thanks.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/cntr-trrrsm/lstd-ntts/crrnt-lstd-ntts-en.aspx#30

Hizballah

Also known as
Hizbullah, Hizbollah, Hezbollah, Hezballah, Hizbullah, The Party of God, Islamic Jihad (Islamic Holy War), Islamic Jihad Organization, Islamic Resistance, Islamic Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine, Ansar al-Allah (Followers of God/Partisans of God/God's Helpers), Ansarollah (Followers of God/Partisans of God/God's Helpers), Ansar Allah (Followers of God/Partisans of God/God's Helpers), Al-Muqawamah al-Islamiyyah (Islamic Resistance), Organization of the Oppressed, Organization of the Oppressed on Earth, Revolutionary Justice Organization, Organization of Right Against Wrong and Followers of the Prophet Muhammed.

Description
One of the most technically capable terrorist groups in the world, Hizballah is a radical Shia group ideologically inspired by the Iranian revolution. Its goals are the liberation of Jerusalem, the destruction of Israel, and, ultimately, the establishment of a revolutionary Shia Islamic state in Lebanon, modelled after Iran. Formed in 1982 in response to Israel's invasion of Lebanon, Hizballah carried out some of the most infamous terror attacks of the Lebanese civil war, such as the suicide bombings of the barracks of United States Marines and French paratroopers in Beirut, as well as the hijacking of TWA Flight 847. While all other Lebanese militias disarmed at the end of Lebanon's civil war in 1990, Hizballah continued to fight, waging a guerilla war against Israeli troops stationed in southern Lebanon. Following Israel's withdrawal from Lebanon in 2000, Hizballah attacks against Israeli forces continued, concentrated on the disputed Shebaa Farms area. In 2006, Hizballah provoked Israel's invasion of Lebanon by kidnapping two Israeli soldiers and killing 8 others. On January 3, 2018, Hizballah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah announced that the group was working "to obtain all kinds of weapons that would enable it to achieve victory in the next war."

Date listed
2002-12-10

Date reviewed
2018-11-21

EDIT: Also, any thoughts or feelings on Canada's statement?

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

The bombings of the barracks of United States Marines and French paratroopers in Beirut in 1983 was not a terrorist attack. It was a military operation to liberate Lebanon.
Asymmetrical warfare against the ZIonist occupation forces in south Lebanon was not terrorist attacks. It was military operations with the purpose of liberating Lebanon.
Taking Zionist mercenaries captive was not a terrorist attack. It was taking prisoners of war.
Hezbollah has taken military actions. Those who accuse them of being terrorist has yet to prove that they have done anything that remotely resemble the Charlie Heb-do shooting let a lone the 9/11 attacks.
Resisting the Zionist occupation of Lebanon or Palestine or anywhere else for that matter is not terrorism. It is a legitimate war of liberation which is allowed by international law.
So designating Hezbollah as a terrorist group is not correct.
Hezbollah.png.0aa7afef9edd77211e06cdb4df90bc45.png

1 hour ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

the establishment of a revolutionary Shia Islamic state in Lebanon

false. if this was true, Hizbollah would've taken over Lebanon long ago. They have the support and capabilities. They're not interested.

Western governments label Hezbollah a “terrorist organisation” only because it is supported by the Iran and takes on Israel’s expansionist plans. It is all just meant to cozy up to Israel and America. Western allied unroyal families of the Persian Gulf have killed till date hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people worldwide (Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Bahrain, Arabia, UAE, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and elsewhere), and not even one of those governments paid any consequences for causing misery and disaster in the life’s of millions of non and Muslims. Gulf supported Daesh killed in 4 years of its existence more civilians than Hezbollah in 40 years of its own fighting against the uniformed militaries. This is the reality we live in. 

11 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

false. if this was true, Hizbollah would've taken over Lebanon long ago. They have the support and capabilities. They're not interested.

They wanted to do that at the beginning. Now they say that would be good thing to do that in Lebanon but now they can't because there are too many non Shias in Lebanon. 

1 hour ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

They wanted to do that at the beginning. Now they say that would be good thing to do that in Lebanon but now they can't because there are too many non Shias in Lebanon. 

There is a big difference between having a bulletpoint written in a manifesto and actually believing it possible.

8 minutes ago, realizm said:

There is a big difference between having a bulletpoint written in a manifesto and actually believing it possible.

I didnt say this is possible or not I just resumed what they said about it. Now we don’t know of what the future would be. That would be of course impossible to do that now and in the short term or at least a very bad idea. But let imagine that in some decades vast majority of Lebanon is Shia so they would probably try to do that in Lebanon (of course this is far from happening at least for the moment). Allah knows better finally.

35 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I didnt say this is possible or not I just resumed what they said about it. Now we don’t know of what the future would be. That would be of course impossible to do that now and in the short term or at least a very bad idea. But let imagine that in some decades vast majority of Lebanon is Shia so they would probably try to do that in Lebanon (of course this is far from happening at least for the moment). Allah knows better finally.

You didn't get my point. 

Many organizations have articles to their manifestos that are not feasible - e.g. ending discrimination, creating a better world but- but aiming at declaring the orientation of their struggle.

Just now, realizm said:

Many organizations have articles to their manifestos that are not feasible - e.g. ending discrimination, creating a better world but- but aiming at declaring the orientation of their struggle. 

I think it very much has to do with the reality on the ground. The unique religious, ethnic and political composition of Lebanese society very much make a total Hezbollah takeover impossible. I think that most Shia in Lebanon also value the plurality of Lebanese society. I think that Lebanese people learned a lot from their civil war the hard way. I don't think that many Lebanese want to repeat that. At least not in Lebanon. (In Syria maybe, but not in Lebanon.)

57 minutes ago, realizm said:

You didn't get my point. 

I understood very well your point but you will maybe think I am naive but I don’t think religious people like that would lie about such topics like some politicians do in general in this world.

8 minutes ago, Revert1963 said:

I think it very much has to do with the reality on the ground. The unique religious, ethnic and political composition of Lebanese society very much make a total Hezbollah takeover impossible. I think that most Shia in Lebanon also value the plurality of Lebanese society. I think that Lebanese people learned a lot from their civil war the hard way. I don't think that many Lebanese want to repeat that. At least not in Lebanon. (In Syria maybe, but not in Lebanon.)

That would be disastrous and the worst idea ever if Hezbollah try to "take over" Lebanon now because of the social realities in the country and religious demographics. But like I said above we don’t know the realities of the futures and maybe the Lebanon we know now will not be the same in some decades.