Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Islandsandmirrors

The Christian Concept of Modesty is Not Different from Islam

Rate this topic

Yeah, I think the ideas are similar in a sense. Many concepts are similar, not just modesty, but it's unfortunate that when we try to do these things we are seen as backward or oppressive. I suspect that Christians also look at this topic as backward, but then the lady brings up a verse from Timothy. There are devout Christians and cultural ones, just as we have our fair share of cultural Muslims.

I think despite the sexualised society we live in, that one day women may become 'woke' as the cool kids say these days to matters of modesty. I may be wrong, but with recent movements does it seem absurd to believe women won't spark a change? The way they look at themselves, the way they want themselves to be presented on magazines, TV shows etc. I think if that day comes, even Christians will be part of that change. 

Maybe. Just maybe.

Conservative Bible-believing Christians agree with mainstream Muslims on many things regarding modesty and purity: we abhor fornication, adultery, incest, etc. We believe that sexual unions should only take place between a husband and wife. We also believe that Christian women should dress modestly with decent clothes and not showing too much skin. We abhor the secular view of how everything should be flaunted and anything pretty much goes at the whim of oneself. 

There many things that conservative Christians and conservative Muslims believe about modesty and ethics (regardless of denomination). We both abhor how secular culture has hyper-sexualized everything and created a society of moral chaos and anarchy. 

Edited by ChristianVisitor

On 6/18/2019 at 10:34 PM, ChristianVisitor said:

We both abhor how secular culture has hyper-sexualized everything and created a society of moral chaos and anarchy. 

This has me churning... as my grandchildren grow up under a rainbow flag.