Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Aragaia

Dancing among women is haram

Rate this topic

22 hours ago, Aragaia said:

Heard a scholar say women (just women present) can't dance together or in each other's presence unless it's for exercise; that type of dancing.

Is this another homophobic rule? The same scholar went a bit over the top with advicing how a woman can dress in the presence of women (her friends).

What are they afraid of?

Why something or act is Halal or Haram ?
Now who has got the authority to say that this is Haram (or Halal) ?

O Prophet! Why do you prohibit (yourselves from) what Allah has made lawful for you, seeking to please your wives? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. 66:1

Even a Prophet cannot prohibit anything what Allah made Halal.

َSay: Bring your witnesses who should bear witness that Allah has forbidden this, then if they bear witness, do not bear witness with them; and follow not the low desires of those who reject Our AYAHs and of those who do not believe in the hereafter, and they make (others) equal to their Lord.
Surah Al-An'am (6:150)

7 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

We are supposed to be gay friendly now I guess? 

You shall defend whatever you believe in, as I will defend what I believe in. I think my post was condemning homophobia. I don't really know what you want to mean by "gay-friendly". But if you read my posts instead of thinking that I'm gay you would have realized that I was precisely pointing out that warning against potential sources of homosexual lust was in fact right (islamically speaking) and not homophobic. But you got clear prejudices I don't have interest in fixing, it's your problem. In any case, I prefer not to derail the thread to avoid other people forcing the end of debates. My tolerance to ShiaChat's evident and ashaming censorship on sexual diversity is rather low.

Edited by Bakir

On 6/18/2019 at 7:01 PM, Raheel Yunus said:

Now who has got the authority to say that this is Haram (or Halal) ?

O Prophet! Why do you prohibit (yourselves from) what Allah has made lawful for you, seeking to please your wives? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. 66:1

Even a Prophet cannot prohibit anything what Allah made Halal.

It is further clarified that the things are halal that  have been told by the Prophet saww whether they are mentioned in Qur'an revealed  to the heart of the Prophet saww or mentioned in hadiths. Believers have been ordered to follow the Prophet in many verses of Qur'an like:

قُلۡ اِنۡ كُنۡتُمۡ تُحِبُّوۡنَ اللّٰهَ فَاتَّبِعُوۡنِىۡ يُحۡبِبۡكُمُ اللّٰهُ وَيَغۡفِرۡ لَـكُمۡ ذُنُوۡبَكُمۡؕ وَاللّٰهُ غَفُوۡرٌ رَّحِيۡمٌ‏
(3:31) (O Messenger!) Tell people: 'If you indeed love Allah, follow me, and Allah will love you and will forgive you your sins. Allah is All-Forgiving, All-Compassionate.'

قُلۡ اَطِيۡعُوا اللّٰهَ وَالرَّسُوۡلَ ۚ فَاِنۡ تَوَلَّوۡا فَاِنَّ اللّٰهَ لَا يُحِبُّ الۡكٰفِرِيۡنَ‏
(3:32) Say: 'Obey Allah and obey the Messenger.' If they turn away from this then know that Allah does not love those who refuse to obey Him and His Messenger.

13 hours ago, Muslim2010 said:

It is further clarified that the things are halal that  have been told by the Prophet saww whether they are mentioned in Qur'an revealed  to the heart of the Prophet saww

This verse 66:1 revealed to the heart of Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) that why you prohibit anything that Allah made halal (do not do that).

On 6/19/2019 at 12:31 AM, Raheel Yunus said:

who has got the authority to say that this is Haram (or Halal) ?

No one, at present no one got the authority to to prohibit anything if it is not mentioned in Qur'an like music dancing acting gold silk etc.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:31 AM, Raheel Yunus said:

Qur'an 9:24] Proclaim: "If your parents, your children, your siblings, your spouses, your family, the money you have earned, a business you worry about, and the homes you cherish are more beloved to you than God and His messenger, and the striving in His cause, then just wait until God brings His judgment." God does not guide the wicked people.

Anything or act is haram that is beloved to you more than Allah and Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

1 hour ago, Raheel Yunus said:

Anything or act is haram that is beloved to you more than Allah and Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

My answer is clear based on the following verses of Qur'an already quoted:

15 hours ago, Muslim2010 said:

It is further clarified that the things are halal that  have been told by the Prophet saww whether they are mentioned in Qur'an revealed  to the heart of the Prophet saww or mentioned in hadiths. Believers have been ordered to follow the Prophet in many verses of Qur'an like:

قُلۡ اِنۡ كُنۡتُمۡ تُحِبُّوۡنَ اللّٰهَ فَاتَّبِعُوۡنِىۡ يُحۡبِبۡكُمُ اللّٰهُ وَيَغۡفِرۡ لَـكُمۡ ذُنُوۡبَكُمۡؕ وَاللّٰهُ غَفُوۡرٌ رَّحِيۡمٌ‏
(3:31) (O Messenger!) Tell people: 'If you indeed love Allah, follow me, and Allah will love you and will forgive you your sins. Allah is All-Forgiving, All-Compassionate.'

قُلۡ اَطِيۡعُوا اللّٰهَ وَالرَّسُوۡلَ ۚ فَاِنۡ تَوَلَّوۡا فَاِنَّ اللّٰهَ لَا يُحِبُّ الۡكٰفِرِيۡنَ‏
(3:32) Say: 'Obey Allah and obey the Messenger.' If they turn away from this then know that Allah does not love those who refuse to obey Him and His Messenger.

There is no answer from your side for interpretation of these quoted verses and these are against your thoughts made in last post. These verses are describing the principle of Islam and sufficient for me..

wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010