Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Aragaia

Dancing among women is haram

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

It is a waste of time. 

Means you're not artistic. You can still leave other people freedom to express themselves. Dancing, like any art, can express all the beauty there is in life. It is challenging, exciting, a fascinating, way to love life.

2 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

By the way I will be a little provocative but what's wrong to be homophobic at the first place? 

Phobia means something negative and excessive which passes beyond logic and the reasonable way of reacting and acting.

1 hour ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

By homophobic I talk here being against homosexuality in general not about people who have sexual feelings without wanting that. 

It isnt something prescribed to you by Allah to punish homosexuals or to seek them out. In other words you could say, it's a waste of time.

5 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

It is not the jurists job to teach you how/why they derive(d) their ruling(s). Deriving rulings requires in-depth, multifaceted knowledge. It's not easy to explain a verdict... unless they were to make several full-length books for each fatwa. Simply put, my opinion and your opinion does not matter.

Ridiculous. All the rulings I read from others have reasoning presented. Only your sources seem to say nothing of it.

5 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

By homophobic I talk here being against homosexuality in general not about people who have sexual feelings without wanting that. 

There is a very thin blurry line between both concepts here in a practical level, and it is the only level that matters when discrimination ends up in murders and suicides.

However, a warning against a potential source of lust in a personal and voluntary level... I don't see where homophobia is in that case. I get Aragaia's point that dancing is much more than a sexual practice, but an artistic and cultural one.

Edited by Bakir

18 hours ago, Aragaia said:

Heard a scholar say women (just women present) can't dance together or in each other's presence unless it's for exercise; that type of dancing.

Is this another homophobic rule? The same scholar went a bit over the top with advicing how a woman can dress in the presence of women (her friends).

What are they afraid of?

They are afraid of development of halal dancing clubs like we have seen Halal Night Club in KSA.

This is certainly a precautionary measure to stop going towards  the acts that are against the teachings of Islam.

Edited by Muslim2010

1 minute ago, Muslim2010 said:

They are afraid of development of halal dancing clubs like we have seen Halal Night Clubs in KSA.

This is certainly a precautionary measure to stop the acts that are against the teachings of Islam.

Just one club. Is it even open yet? You certainly haven't seen it. I don't think that's the reason. It's far fetched.

11 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

Just one club. Is it even open yet? You certainly haven't seen it. I don't think that's the reason. It's far fetched.

One means the start whether innovation or biddah or modern days Salafi Islam etc. no difference in these.terms.

Edited by Muslim2010

10 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

One means the start whether innovation or biddah or modern days Salafi Islam etc. no difference in these.terms.

One  means start of modern days salafi Islam?

its a shame you never replied to my thread about.

6 hours ago, Aragaia said:

Means you're not artistic. You can still leave other people freedom to express themselves. Dancing, like any art, can express all the beauty there is in life. It is challenging, exciting, a fascinating, way to love life.

If you like dancing so much, go dance your way out of here then and leave us alone.

Its very clear what our scholars and learnt people have to say about this issue. You want us to listen to you instead? You think we are all waiting for you to tell us what to believe in?

46 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

One  means start of modern days salafi Islam?

its a shame you never replied to my thread about.

One means one so called halal night club and its formation is beginning of another biddah / innovation that is not true Islam but modern days Salafi Islam including  the shift taken by KSA and MBS from basic of salafi or wahabism.

How do you consider that it is mandatory at ShiaChat for me that I should reply your thread/ posts? Does your statement make any sense?

Your such statement has been written seemingly  without effective use of brain :grin:

Edited by Muslim2010

3 hours ago, Bakir said:

There is a very thin blurry line between both concepts here in a practical level, and it is the only level that matters when discrimination ends up in murders and suicides.

However, a warning against a potential source of lust in a personal and voluntary level... I don't see where homophobia is in that case. I get Aragaia's point that dancing is much more than a sexual practice, but an artistic and cultural one.

We are supposed to be gay friendly now I guess?