Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Aragaia

Dancing among women is haram

Rate this topic

Heard a scholar say women (just women present) can't dance together or in each other's presence unless it's for exercise; that type of dancing.

Is this another homophobic rule? The same scholar went a bit over the top with advicing how a woman can dress in the presence of women (her friends).

What are they afraid of?

3 hours ago, Aragaia said:

Heard a scholar say women (just women present) can't dance together or in each other's presence unless it's for exercise; that type of dancing.

Is this another homophobic rule? The same scholar went a bit over the top with advicing how a woman can dress in the presence of women (her friends).

What are they afraid of?

No idea what is the wisdom behind it :confused:

well somebody can tell us :grin:

Ayatollah Khamenei:

"What is forbidden of dance is universal, I.e., irrespective of whether it is done by a man, a woman, or in the presence of one’s maḥram or non-maḥram." 

Quoting Qaim from another thread:

It can cause jealousy, attraction (yes - even between women), gossip, and the description of the dancing could be described to the men. I don't know if it's haraam, and Sistani is not saying it's haraam, but it's worth avoiding I think. Precaution.

3 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Quoting Qaim from another thread:

It can cause jealousy, attraction (yes - even between women), gossip, and the description of the dancing could be described to the men. I don't know if it's haraam, and Sistani is not saying it's haraam, but it's worth avoiding I think. Precaution.

You make good friends who don't gossip, tell tales or act upon jealousy. Attraction only if they're lesbian already.

This is weird, I’ve seen a lot of men dancing together and women dancing together. Yes, it’s haram if it’s mixed but if it in female section and there is only women, then it’s not haram. 

2 minutes ago, Diaz said:

This is weird, I’ve seen a lot of men dancing together and women dancing together. Yes, it’s haram if it’s mixed but if it in female section and there is only women, then it’s not haram. 

Based on what?

5 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

Good friends dance together. Dancing makes you happy. It's self expression and an art form. Can't waste gifts Allah has given one. This includes good coordination skill and artistry.

You don't define friends by dancing. Good friends are those who are believers that make you remember Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) than shaking your body stupidly in front of others trying to make them laugh. 

6 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

You don't define friends by dancing. Good friends are those who are believers that make you remember Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) than shaking your body stupidly in front of others trying to make them laugh. 

Clearly you know nothing about dancing. It is serious.