Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

On 6/17/2019 at 3:55 AM, InterestedParty said:

Hello and thank you for accepting me here. I find myself in a different situation for myself and hope that I can find guidance here. 

I have met a Shia man who has caught my interest  (which is very difficult to achieve!). He is funny, intelligent,  attractive and patient. The feeling is mutual. we have known each other for quite some time and the feelings are becoming intense. My question is this: is marriage possible between a Shia and a non-Muslim? Please be kind in your response...

In the religious law it is not permitted for practical reasons. Luckily becoming Muslim is very easy and is only a verbal declaration (testimony of faith [the shahada]).

As we know there are many Muslims who do not pray or even fast but are still considered Muslim and marry each other.

My advice is to take your time and do what feels right but always keep your head though..

I'm genuinely concerned about who she is possibly marrying... Is this irrational? @Ashvazdanghe

Why would her potential husband make taqleed to this guy?

https://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/4895582/از-دامادی-امام-زمانعج-تا-صدور-فتوای-اعدام-مراجع-شیعه-مرجع-تقلیدی-که-در-استخبارات-عربستان-تحصیل-کرده-است

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_al-Sarkhi

This mujtahid "Mahmoud al-Sarkhi" seems like bad news. Al-Shammari seems even worse. 

...there are astonishing and very disturbing information from ... al-Saraki's circle."One of the close people and Father [of] Al-Sharakhi is Fayez al-Shamari. According to documents obtained after the capture of the headquarters of the Ba'athist Party of Information and Security after the collapse of Saddam's regime [la], it became clear that Fa'ez al-Shamari was a Sunni Muslim from Fallujah who the staff of the Ba'ath Security Organization was considered to have been in charge of Saddam Hussein for some time to appear as a Shiite cleric in various circles...|