Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Isaam

Was Imam Ja’afar as Sadiq Sunni or Shia?

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

The Qur'an uses both the words Muslim and Shia for Ibrahim AS.. The following verses describe this:

مَا كَانَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ يَهُودِيًّا وَلَا نَصْرَانِيًّا وَلَـٰكِن كَانَ حَنِيفًا مُّسْلِمًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ ﴿٦٧

Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian but he was (an) upright (man), a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists. (3:67)

وَإِنَّ مِن شِيعَتِهِ لَإِبْرَاهِيمَ ﴿٨٣﴾

And most surely Ibrahim followed his way. (37:83)

سَلَامٌ عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ ﴿١٠٩

Peace be on Ibrahim. (37:109)

As Qur'an has used both the terms Muslm and Shia for the Prophet ibrahim as then their use is permitted.

Well just choosing a random word from the Qur'an doesn't mean you can use that word as you like - like by causing diversion among the Muslims.

but I don't object to people using these words. Just I think they are used too much and their importance is exaggerated.

Just now, Aragaia said:

Well just choosing a random word from the Qur'an doesn't mean you can use that word as you like - like by causing diversion among the Muslims.

but I don't object to people using these words. Just I think they are used too much and their importance is exaggerated.

Why are you negative about these words ? 

6 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

I see, but don't most Christians knew that Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) was considered as blasphemer by most of Jews ? I think they know it.

But Christians are better in this thing but Most of Muslims are not. 

Christians and Jews were enemies for a long long time. They didn't accept their differences. They became indifferent to them and remain so for most part.

Just now, Aragaia said:

Christians and Jews were enemies for a long long time. They didn't accept their differences. They became indifferent to them and remain so for most part.

But now they are peaceful towards each other. So, why can't we be ? 

1 minute ago, Flying_Eagle said:

But now they are peaceful towards each other. So, why can't we be ? 

That's a big question. I don't have an answer. However, they are less religious. We don't want to be like them and ignore our religion.

Just now, Aragaia said:

That's a big question. I don't have an answer. However, they are less religious. We don't want to be like them and ignore our religion.

Nah, I have seen very religious among them, they debate and after debate is over, there is nothing among them. So, you say that they are indifferent and I accept it. And I say that it is better to be indifferent than to be hateful, at least it keeps peace in the society. 

Just now, Flying_Eagle said:

Nah, I have seen very religious among them, they debate and after debate is over, there is nothing among them. So, you say that they are indifferent and I accept it. And I say that it is better to be indifferent than to be hateful, at least it keeps peace in the society. 

There are other options than indifferent and hateful. What is peace worth in a society if the people only worship themselves?

45 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

I have chosen the verses of Qur'an describing the Ibrahim as with both the words Muslim & Shia  that you consider cannot be used simultaneously.  Do you not believe in the verses of Qur'an?

If the use  of these words simultaneously for a specific group is going to cause any division in ummah I do have right to ask that why both of these have been used for the Prophet ibrahmi ? instead of using one alone?

The above words just destroy your such thoughts.

Edited by Muslim2010

8 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

If the use  of these words simultaneously for a specific group is going to cause any division in ummah I do have right to ask that why both of these have been used for the Prophet ibrahmi ?

Its because of the way it is used. To cause division.

4 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

Its because of the way it is used. To cause division.

I believe in the verses of Qur'an more than silly thoughts of like a school boy for just making baseless claims.

wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010

24 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

I believe in the verses of Qur'an more than silly thoughts of like a school boy for just making baseless claims.

wasalam

"The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him)." 42:13

You would have to draw it to Abraham, wouldn't you?

"And they became divided only after Knowledge reached them,- through selfish envy as between themselves. Had it not been for a Word that went forth before from thy Lord, (tending) to a Term appointed, the matter would have been settled between them: But truly those who have inherited the Book after them are in suspicious (disquieting) doubt concerning it." 42:14

Since Islam started from Abraham.

6 hours ago, Aragaia said:

Since Islam started from Abraham.

Very true. So are you denying the following verses?

مَا كَانَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ يَهُودِيًّا وَلَا نَصْرَانِيًّا وَلَـٰكِن كَانَ حَنِيفًا مُّسْلِمًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ ﴿٦٧ 

Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian but he was (an) upright (man), a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists. (3:67)

وَإِنَّ مِن شِيعَتِهِ لَإِبْرَاهِيمَ ﴿٨٣﴾

And most surely Ibrahim followed his way. (37:83)

سَلَامٌ عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ ﴿١٠٩

Peace be on Ibrahim. (37:109)

wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010