Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Isaam

Was Imam Ja’afar as Sadiq Sunni or Shia?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

@Issam also do ask IslamQA, if Imam Jafar al Sadiq is Sunni like them, why aren't there so many hadith in Sahih Bukhari and other Hadith books ? while he was grandson of Prophet PBUHHP and near to him and also ask them why is that Imam Jafar al Sadiq believed in 12 Imams which is in your own books also but you deny 12 Imams ? So, if you have such contradiction with him, how do you consider him to be believer like you ? 

I never said I denied him being an Imam. I was just reading and people said he was Sunni and that was a little confusing.

I’m not going to ask those Wahabis on IslamQA, they are anti-Shi’a 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Isaam said:

I was reading on IslamQA (which is more of a wahabi website that calls themselves Sunni) that he didn’t approve of Shia’s and was a Sunni himself. Was he a Sunni or Shi’a? And if he was a Sunni did he disprove of Shi’a?

If he was Sunni then all of his companions will be among Ahlul Sunna Wal Jamaa'ah, and you will find books to be written by them in favor of Ahlul Sunna Wal Jamaa'ah. Their laws will be taken too from Ahlul Sunna Wal Jamaa'ah etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Aragaia said:

Where did you leave the "Muslim" title?

One who accepts Ahlebait (عليه السلام) has indeed accepted them due to the Prophet (PBUHHP) because he said to love them. And one who respects the quote of Prophet (PBUHHP) and is obedient to him is indeed a Muslim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Isaam said:

I never said I denied him being an Imam. I was just reading and people said he was Sunni and that was a little confusing.

I’m not going to ask those Wahabis on IslamQA, they are anti-Shi’a 

I am not saying you denied it, I am speaking about them. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

One who accepts Ahlebait (عليه السلام) has indeed accepted them due to the Prophet (PBUHHP) because he said to love them. And one who respects the quote of Prophet (PBUHHP) and is obedient to him is indeed a Muslim. 

 

19 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

Sunni / Shia is a subset of Muslim.

The Qur'an mentions the example of Ibrahim AS referred as Muslim and also mentioned as follower / Shia of Nuh AS.

Yes. Since Shia only means a follower I don't know why one would call themselves Shia more often than Muslim (seems like some do) as Muslim as a "title" is clearly higher in respect and accuracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

 

Yes. Since Shia only means a follower I don't know why one would call themselves Shia more often than Muslim (seems like some do) as Muslim as a "title" is clearly higher in respect and accuracy.

lolz, everyone calls himself or herself Shia or Sunni after Muslim. Problem is that we are asked often in what teachings we believe and we say that we are Sunni or Shia what is wrong in it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

lolz, everyone calls himself or herself Shia or Sunni after Muslim. Problem is that we are asked often in what teachings we believe and we say that we are Sunni or Shia what is wrong in it ?

I don't.

Because it causes diversion and because Allah called us Muslims and because forming sects is prohibited.

I understand a practical necessity in today's world but I have noticed a lot of people just calling themselves Shia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

I don't.

Because it causes diversion and because Allah called us Muslims and because forming sects is prohibited.

I understand a practical necessity in today's world but I have noticed a lot of people just calling themselves Shia.

well there is no doubt that being called a Muslim should be the norm. But eventually, you will require the terms to define that one who believes in 12 Imams and one who believe in 4 caliphs. If not for social purpose then for literary purposes. 

I believe that terms does not cause division but state of mind does. One should be patient to others who make choice for themselves if they are not violating other's rights.

Edited by Flying_Eagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

well there is no doubt that being called a Muslim should be the norm. But eventually, you will require the terms to define that one who believes in 12 Imams and one who believe in 4 caliphs. If not for social purpose then for literary purposes. 

I believe that terms does not cause division but state of mind does. One should be patient to others who make choice for themselves if they are not violating other's rights.

But are the twelve Imams really all there is to it in Shiaism?

The term doesn't have to cause division but it does.

the twelve Imams and 4 caliphs has nothing to do with why there is so much hatred between Sunni and Shia today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aragaia said:

But are the twelve Imams really all there is to it in Shiaism?

The term doesn't have to cause division but it does.

the twelve Imams and 4 caliphs has nothing to do with why there is so much hatred between Sunni and Shia today.

Yes, true 12 Imams and 4 Caliphs have nothing to do with hatred. 

Problem is of patience, Jews and Christians accept each others beliefs but we have never compromised even on names such as Shias and Sunnis.

Beginning from you, why do you think that a Shia or a Sunni has no right to call himself Shia or Sunni ? are these bad words in meanings ? if not then why do you insist not to call Shias or Sunnis ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

Yes. Since Shia only means a follower I don't know why one would call themselves Shia more often than Muslim (seems like some do) as Muslim as a "title" is clearly higher in respect and accuracy.

The Qur'an uses both the words Muslim and Shia for Ibrahim AS.. The following verses describe this:

مَا كَانَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ يَهُودِيًّا وَلَا نَصْرَانِيًّا وَلَـٰكِن كَانَ حَنِيفًا مُّسْلِمًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ ﴿٦٧

Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian but he was (an) upright (man), a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists. (3:67)

وَإِنَّ مِن شِيعَتِهِ لَإِبْرَاهِيمَ ﴿٨٣﴾

And most surely Ibrahim followed his way. (37:83)

سَلَامٌ عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ ﴿١٠٩

Peace be on Ibrahim. (37:109)

As Qur'an has used both the terms Muslm and Shia for the Prophet ibrahim as then their use is permitted.

Shia or Sunni is a term mentioned  to describe the school of thought for his / her identification.

I think this is sufficient clarification for a mindful one.

wasalam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Yes, true 12 Imams and 4 Caliphs have nothing to do with hatred. 

Problem is of patience, Jews and Christians accept each others beliefs but we have never compromised even on names such as Shias and Sunnis.

Beginning from you, why do you think that a Shia or a Sunni has no right to call himself Shia or Sunni ? are these bad words in meanings ? if not then why do you insist not to call Shias or Sunnis ?

I never said they have no right to.

Jews and Christians don't accept. They're just not that religious. They're indifferent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

I never said they have no right to.

Jews and Christians don't accept. They're just not that religious. They're indifferent.

I see, but don't most Christians knew that Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) was considered as blasphemer by most of Jews ? I think they know it.

But Christians are better in this thing but Most of Muslims are not. 

Edited by Flying_Eagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...