Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

WWDC 2019 saw launch of some expensive tech including a 999 dollar stand. This is an absolute rip-off even for hardcore Apple fans. 

Are people feeding into Apple's greed by purchasing more expensive stuff every year. 

What do you think? 

I was part of a small discussion that talked about the direction tech companies are going and someone said, Apple isn't really a tech company anymore, but a fashion company. I can't remember the gent's name, but he's not lying. 

4 hours ago, Quran313 said:

I don’t like when they price it like $999. Make it $1000. Whats the difference? Or when you go to gas station and it says $2.989. They calculate one tenth of a cent :furious:

That's called psychological pricing. $29.98 looks on a lower side (in 20s) rather than $30 and raise chances of customers buying it. 

Guest Hello there
On 6/15/2019 at 1:44 PM, funklebits said:

I was part of a small discussion that talked about the direction tech companies are going and someone said, Apple isn't really a tech company anymore, but a fashion company. I can't remember the gent's name, but he's not lying. 

So what do you guys say,which direction are tech companies heading?

14 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

That's called psychological pricing. $29.98 looks on a lower side (in 20s) rather than $30 and raise chances of customers buying it. 

I think it might be known more precisely as odd-even pricing.

Apple products have always been ridiculously overpriced. They're pushing the limits because their loyalists will buy it anyway, even if they have to take out a loan for it.