Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Aabiss_Shakari

Jeremy Corbyn challenges United Kingdom government's Iran accusations on oil tanker attacks

Rate this topic

Jeremy Corbyn has questioned whether the government has "credible evidence" to show Iran is behind the attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said responsibility "almost certainly" lies with the Iranian regime.

But the Labour leader tweeted that the United Kingdom should ease tensions in the region, not fuel a military escalation.

The explosions on Thursday came in the Gulf of Oman - a strategic waterway crucial to global energy supplies.

It is the second time in the past few weeks that tankers appear to have been attacked in the region and comes amid escalating tension between Iran and the United States.

The US military released video footage which it said proved Iran was behind the blasts - something Iran has categorically denied.

3 hours ago, Aragaia said:

Iranian government is just one of those that don’t understand talk, silence, bullets or bombs.

"I think therefore I am" for them is "I am therefore I oppress."

Disgusting.

Yes unfortunetly it is not like the rest of the lapdog Sunni countries who only asks how high? When told to jump.

What do you even know about Iran to begin with?

On 6/15/2019 at 8:18 AM, Aabiss_Shakari said:

Jeremy Corbyn has questioned whether the government has "credible evidence" to show Iran is behind the attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

British press are not reporting that this is the view of the Germans and other countries as well.

3 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

British press are not reporting that this is the view of the Germans and other countries as well.

For the same reason as to why they were super quick to say that they fully believe in the US baseless accusations because 'they're our closest ally'.

They will most likely be in a great need of US trade come BREXIT.

1 minute ago, IbnSina said:

For the same reason as to why they were super quick to say that they fully believe in the US baseless accusations because 'they're our closest ally'.

They will most likely be in a great need of US trade come BREXIT.

Of course it boils down to trade, because it is who we will be trading most with along with China etc, sadly, we already decided that when we voted to leave. Which makes us even more the American finger puppet than we were under Tony Blair... Sheesh.

As long as the European Governments depend on the United States for a major portion of their trade and defense, they will always be considered by the US Government as their slaves. The issue with Iran and the US withdrawal from the Nuclear Agreement only makes clear to everyone in the world this issue. The British and European governments need to become self sufficient as far a defense and develop a more multi-lateral approach to trade so that the portion of their trade income that comes from the US is a small amount that they could afford to lose, should they need to assert their independence. I think they are already doing this but they need to speed up the process. As for Al Saud Criminals and the little Gulf Fiefdoms, they will never change, as they are completely dependent on the US. Those few families that control those countries need to be taken out of power, that is the only solution. 

3 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

The British [...] governments need to become self sufficient as far a defense

What annoys me is we have Trident which costs the country a fair whack to keep and is just sitting there. We don't need other countries to defend us. We're a piddly little island yet we have an army, air force and marines known worldwide... We should just stick to our wars and keep out of countries we had no interest in before they got into a war. I just can't believe I have to be British sometimes.

6 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

What annoys me is we have Trident which costs the country a fair whack to keep and is just sitting there. We don't need other countries to defend us. We're a piddly little island yet we have an army, air force and marines known worldwide... We should just stick to our wars and keep out of countries we had no interest in before they got into a war. I just can't believe I have to be British sometimes.

No, you don't need others to defend your little island, probably, specifically the way you imagine. But what will you eat when the entire world economy collapses and you make enemies with your neighbours telling the world you don't need them. You need them to eat, to sleep, to educate your children and to keep off epidemics of desieses.

I came across the following on a news website called Axios. 

U.S. doubles down as more nations point fingers at Iran for oil tanker attacks

I thought it was a Neo-con site, but then the actual story suggested it's staffed by Americans who do irony:

Saudi Arabia has joined the U.S., Israel and the United Kingdom in blaming Iran for attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman last week, the Washington Post reports.

For the hard of understanding the site goes on to report:

The Japanese owner of the tanker said the crew believes they were hit by a "flying object," contradicting U.S. claims that it was a limpet mine that set off the explosion, the Post reports.

https://www.axios.com/Trump-trade-war-India-imposes-tariffs-on-us-goods-19cb4b51-0117-4c4d-bfd1-8fd7192ba090.html