Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Aragaia

Describe Salafism with your own words

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Noor Taleb said:

Are you a wahabii ? Seems likes your triggered 

He's not, I can tell. Salafis wouldn't take the time to speak to a Shia, they would just scream "kafir" over and over again like a deranged parrot.

1 hour ago, Noor Taleb said:

You explain to me what they are  if your soooooooooooooo good at knowing them

You should treat people here with respect, especially since we helped with your questions. This really disappoints me.

1 minute ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

He's not, I can tell. Salafis wouldn't take the time to speak to a Shia, they would just scream "kafir" over and over again like a deranged parrot.

You should treat people here with respect, especially since we helped with your questions. This really disappoints me.

I apologize I got triggered 

but will take note thanks 

In some cases, a salafi is merely someone very sincerely seeking to find Allah and follow the Prophet (s). As long as one does not display open hatred for the Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام)) after being introduced to them, whether or not they carry a name/tag or wear a particular length of pants, I think the rest deserve some open mindedness. Our communities are not particularly good at doing balaagh of the message of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). Between tribal/national centres no outsider can attend, to labelling our mosques "Shia mosque", to engaging non stop in abusing personalities known by some for centuries as holy, until we have done our job well, we should not be quick to labelling and boxing people up into "im not dealing with those" compartments. 

On 6/15/2019 at 5:52 AM, Aragaia said:

If you want to describe Wahabbism instead, use only the word "wahabbism". If you insist on mixing the two, make sure the content applies to both.

Manipulative destructive evil corrupt filthy nasty human beings with orange striped beards

They are generally textualists or literalists. Some of them maintain that establishing a khalifa is obligatory on the ummah. They are noted for accepting solitary narrations (khabar al-wahid) as proofs and do not delve into rational matters. This is seen as "bid'ah" and they issue takfir very easily especially upon Shi'a.

Edited by ali47

Wahhabism; Ideological “reformation”-innovation by fallible humans without knowledge of Islam. In short, a haram thing that destroys the image of Islam worldwide, despite being 200 years old, and in fact even less than 50 because before Europeans discovered oil in the Persian Gulf, the only people who heard about Wahhabism were few, isolated illiterate Bedouins in the deserts of Najd. 

Salafism; Shia Muslims are the only people keeping up with the salaf. The rest are misguided “reformers” that the Qur'an speaks on.

Edited by OrthodoxTruth

On 6/15/2019 at 2:52 AM, Aragaia said:

If you want to describe Wahabbism instead, use only the word "wahabbism". If you insist on mixing the two, make sure the content applies to both.

I don’t understand the point of this post.

6 hours ago, just a Muslim said:

I don’t understand the point of this post.

Some sort of survey or census to test the waters I suspect. Perhaps an attempt to challenge our opinions on Wahhabis and Salafis.

I certainly ain't buying into it, but maybe some people may benefit from it...