Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Pingu

Are Dead Crabs and Lobsters najis

Rate this topic

31 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

Shias don't eat them at all, I think.

Some Muslims do.

? He/She knows that... they're asking about cross contamination.

Is the restaurant halal? Or just a generic seafood/fish and meat style place? When my family goes somewhere, if they do non-halal food as well, we just don't bother going. These places aren't always great with cross contamination, they just don't think. 

They are tahir when dead.

Any animal, that when slaughtered from the neck, there blood spurts out of there body (cow, lion, human, rabbit, dog, etc), there dead body is najis. If the blood doesn’t spurt out, like snakes, crabs, insects, etc, there dead body is tahir.

10 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

That's precisely what he/she sid here :confused:

I do not remember seeing those animals in the list of najis things.

Salam eating crab is clearly haram for Shias  but lobester has problem if you it recognizes as Crab family it's Haram but if recognizes as shrimp family it can be eaten 

Is lobster, clam, oyster and octopus halal? If so why is it sold in the Islamic Republic of Iran?
Concise answer

Eating lobster, clam, oyster and octopus is haram. According to religious resources regarding halal and haram meat, there are general rulings and numerous standards; for instance, a set of rulings has been given for land animals, sea creatures, birds and so on.

Therefore, purchasing and selling lobster, clam, oyster, etc. in the market, for reasons other than eating like benefiting from the other uses it has, is permissible. Perhaps lobster, clam, etc. have other benefits as well.

https://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa1128

I have heard a lot about crabs being haram to eat. Please tell me if that is true and if so, then why is it haram or makrooh?
Concise answer

In the interpretations of the criterion for the lawfulness of [eating] seafood, legal scholars have said; that which can be derived from hadiths is that the meat of sea creatures should not be eaten, meaning it is unlawful[1] except for the types of fish or sea creature which has scales[2], and crabs do not have them.

In addition to this, there are specific traditions explaining the unlawfulness of crab meat. Imam Musa Ibn Ja’far (Peace be upon him) said: Eating “jari” (a type of fish), and turtles and crabs is haram.[3]

Therefore eating crabs from the point of view of Islam is haram and unlawful.[4]

For more information, see: The Philosophy behind the Lawfulness of Shrimp Question #310.

https://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/533

Edited by Ashvazdanghe