Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Enlightened Follower

Saudis create “Halal” Nightclub

Rate this topic

[Mod Note: Some Mods and Admins watched the video posted below. This is a disclaimer to caution you that it contains background music that is monotonous and mind-numbing, without any narration; some scenes are males and females dancing and some women do not wear hijab. If you do not want to watch the video, the following is a transcript of what is seen on the video, so that you can discuss it without watching it.]

Transcript of video:

A 'HALAL' nightclub is set to open in the Saudi city of Jeddah

Dubai and Beirut's White nightclub is opening its first branch in the Kingdom

"The Saudi market will be great, because the local community goes out a lot. Tony Habre CEO, White" Source: Arabian Business

Saudis took to Twitter to call for a #JeddahDisco

It is unclear what constitutes a 'halal' disco but it is understood it will serve non-alcoholic cocktails

The Kingdom already has an underground party scene 

In 2016 Saudi police arrested ravers in Jeddah after footage of them partying and drinking emerged

The opening of clubs is seen by some as part of Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman's attempts to modernise the country

Are Saudis ready to dance the night away?

[Mod Note: Video contains music, dancing, and women without hijab.]

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20190613-halal-nightclub-set-to-open-in-Saudi-arabia/

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Notes and transcript of video.

Non-alcoholic drinks? As soon as you offer a place for this, a lot of drugs will move within it. These type of entertainment isn't natural to begin with, it's only tolerable under drugs' effects, and only under its effects it may be enjoyable. An example of this is electronic music (and abuse of ecstasy).

Who would enjoy monotonous and mind-numbing music otherwise? How can you even bear dancing for this? Drinking juice? Come on, let's not be ridiculous and naive. They could very well swap to laicism instead of making themselves look even more ridiculous. They would do us all a favour, I prefer they promote drug addiction and clubbing instead of wahabbism and fundamentalism. To the hell with these people.

1 hour ago, LeftCoastMom said:

According to my SIL, there is quite an underground party scene in almost any Islamic country. Maybe they're finally just being honest?

Yeah, that is true, it is a reality in countries like Saudi Arabia or Iran. But I don't see honesty in a country that kills innocents in the same of Islam and at the same time bring concepts as ridiculous as halal nightclubs.

But these people are like that. They may kill 20 Shias in a village, kids and moms included, and then ask their sheykh if it is halal to eat a date from a palm tree that is not theirs.

Anyway to be honest I just can't care less about the "halal" nightclub, I just hate Saudi Arabia's mere existence.

Edited by Bakir

6 minutes ago, Bakir said:

Yeah, that is true, it is a reality in countries like Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Not just Iran or Saudi but Egypt, Morocco, even Iraq people just do it in private. A Pakistani friend even told me they host secret parties with alcohol and there’s a huge scene most kids you wouldn’t suspect do it away their parents. There was also that Lebanese Shia woman who won a beauty pageant then married a Christian man.

4 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

According to my SIL, there is quite an underground party scene in almost any Islamic country. Maybe they're finally just being honest?

Theres a lot of pedofiles too everywhere, don’t mean we have to open clubs for them.

3 hours ago, Bakir said:

But these people are like that. They may kill 20 Shias in a village, kids and moms included, and then ask their sheykh if it is halal to eat a date from a palm tree that is not theirs.

This occurs in other faiths, too. I consider it missing the point. Or knowing the letter of the law without comprehending the spirit of it. Happens all the time in Christianity.

2 hours ago, Enlightened Follower said:

Not just Iran or Saudi but Egypt, Morocco, even Iraq people just do it in private

I think in Egypt and Turkey they have "real" nightclubs that serve alcohol, or at least 30 years ago they had. I remember asking them how they could serve alcohol in a Muslim country. They said they was catering to non-Muslims, but they didn't ask a person what religion they was before handing them a drink. I also asked some Muslims that drank alcohol why they was doing it. They mostly answered with the line "life is life" which was supposedly taken from a Lebanese pop song at the time. So Muslims drinking alcohol is not something new.
Later I have come to know a number of Muslims that drink alcohol. It seams to me like some Muslims think that drinking alcohol is less of a sin than eating pork. These people will say that pork is a big no no and get very upset if they suspect they have eaten pork by mistake, but will be happy to drink a beer or a glass of Raki.

1 minute ago, 2Timeless said:

As if Saudi wasn't enough of a joke already. 

There's nothing to joke about it. Why not address real issues?

Alcohol is used there and almost everywhere else and there is no logical reason to imagine a place where there is no alcohol is more virtuous. Nor is there reason to think a Muslim who drinks alcohol is worse than any other who doesn't. This is arrogance.

18 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

There's nothing to joke about it. Why not address real issues?

Alcohol is used there and almost everywhere else and there is no logical reason to imagine a place where there is no alcohol is more virtuous. Nor is there reason to think a Muslim who drinks alcohol is worse than any other who doesn't. This is arrogance.

Addressing the "real issues" involves building a night club in the land of the Kaaba and the grave of the Prophet? Interesting. 

Instead, they could've used their money on rehabilitation programs for addicts and create more friendly environments where people wont be triggered and want to start drinking again. If someone is an alcoholic or even is a drinker but wants to stop, common sense tells you that you don’t let that person go into environments that encourage such behaviour or make a person want to drink again. It's really not rocket science. 

No one here assumed people don’t drink alcohol and do all sorts of other haram in other countries. 

Edited by 2Timeless

14 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

there is no logical reason to imagine a place where there is no alcohol is more virtuous. Nor is there reason to think a Muslim who drinks alcohol is worse than any other who doesn't. This is arrogance

Lol.