Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[Closed/Review]Sisters how would y'all react if this were you?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

I've always wondered. If a woman is okay with polygamy, maybe it means she really just doesn't love the man that much that way.

Some people assume self-esteem issues or lack of self respect. Assumptions of course are not always accurate.

• Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Some people assume self-esteem issues or lack of self respect. Assumptions of course are not always accurate.

Same goes for the happy trio of the topic. A lot of Muslims would consider Instagram as entirely inappropriate, not to mention publicising family affairs.

• Advanced Member
54 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

r. Logic of the reader is the key factor in whether it is good or bad in that particular situation.

Logic of the victim - first wife - is more decicive but husband is expected to be wise and pious and righteous.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Aragaia said:

Logic of the victim - first wife - is more decicive but husband is expected to be wise and pious and righteous.

I would say the logic and maturity of all 3 people since it involves all of them. Initially, all 3 but later extending to children. Also, it can not be understated as to the importance and acceptance of the parents and families of all 3. I can just imagine one of the Mothers-in-Law creating subtle ripples that could turn into tsunamis potentially.

50 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Fellas let's not pretend like we never did the whole "I'ma take a second wife, just kidding...lol" routine to test the waters only to be met with a cold as ice glare

CKyJNbiWEAA_uBX.jpg

I brought that up once (and ONLY once) with my wife on a hypothetical basis a long time ago...let's just say she made her opinion on the matter quite clear...:threatenlumber:...lol

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Fellas let's not pretend like we never did the whole "I'ma take a second wife, just kidding...lol" routine to test the waters only to be met with a cold as ice glare

CKyJNbiWEAA_uBX.jpg

One shouldn't joke about it. It can really hurt the relationship.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

CKyJNbiWEAA_uBX.jpg

Seriously ? Kanye West on ShiaChat ? Imma die now :hahaha:

• Veteran Member
8 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Any Muslim who might be upset by this needs a good slap to the back of their heads so that what they say that they believe in will (Islam) hopefully become aligned with what they actually believe in.

I mean I really don't like any social media couple, especially as they mislead impressionable youth that relationships are "goals" and all a bed of roses or some Bollywood romance running through fields, etc.

But, some of the things Muslims have been commenting is just vile and toxic. Also ignorant about what our Rabb (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) allows.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Ali Dawah dropping a video on this tonight

Isn’t this guy the best friend of Mohammed hijab? Please don’t tell me he is close minded like him. 

• Veteran Member
1 minute ago, Diaz said:

Isn’t this guy the best friend of Mohammed hijab? Please don’t tell me he is close minded like him. 

Yes they are buddies but I think by the London Salafi scene standards he is moderate or has leaned towards that way recently. He gets criticism a lot online from what I've seen by fans of more hardliners.

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Yes they are buddies but I think by the London Salafi scene standards he is moderate or has leaned towards that way recently. He gets criticism a lot online from what I've seen by fans of more hardliners.

I’m not sure what to expect then :shifty:

anyway please inform me about his weird video. 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

I mean I really don't like any social media couple, especially as they mislead impressionable youth that relationships are "goals" and all a bed of roses or some Bollywood romance running through fields, etc.

But, some of the things Muslims have been commenting is just vile and toxic. Also ignorant about what our Rabb (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) allows.

These "modern" cultural Muslims should shut the hell up and get off the internet. Lord have mercy on us as this messed up generation grows up to be parents one day.

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

As long it works and does not exeed the limits. Personally I really don't understand how someone can handle two or more womans. 

A reinforced door of his own with multiple deadbolts, pepper spray, and maybe a stun gun.

:woot:

• Veteran Member

Further commentary:

7 hours ago, Aragaia said:

I've always wondered. If a woman is okay with polygamy, maybe it means she really just doesn't love the man that much that way.

Disagree, because many women want to have time for themselves -work, write, garden, etc- and extras wives give time for this. Not everything is sex, you know.

1 hour ago, Jaabir said:

Makes thread to see the reactions of sisters.

*Only brothers react.*

Because the sisters are either married or looking for about anyone.   :dry:

Summation: 1 wife is a financial disaster. 2 wives are a financial catastrophe.

• Moderators

There is nothing wrong with this except I don’t agree with them posting on social media. There is no obligation in Islam to share your life with random people who don’t know you. In fact, this is discouraged. Like others have said there will most likely be blowback from the haters, and this will most likely affect the marriage in a negative way. 

• Veteran Member

The only real case similar to this that I know closely is that of a bisexual two girls one guy relationship, in which the two girls are also together.

I'm unaware of how it would work if there is no connection between the two women though. I guess it could still work, it's all a matter of trust, but who knows. So, in certain way, the fact they are best friends could also potentially be the reason why a relationship like this could work.

It could also be a matter of an Islamic education as well, they may see male polygamy in other lenses.

And it's a bit offtopic, but in their defense, hazel eyes are awesome lol.

Edited by Bakir

• Veteran Member

Damn plot sure has thickened on this one. Sort of an unintended blowback. Apparently the first wife ummxabdullah is being exposed with another account implying she isn't a hijabi/niqabi in real life. Suggesting they are not this pious couple travelling the world, who do Ruqya and making money off it as a result.

This is what is at the crux of Ali Dawah's video the issue not so much about polygamy, from what I gather.

The husband has even had to respond with a video, but if you see the comments no one seems to be convinced and there are a lot of questions he dodged.

It is wrong to slander without proof, but if it turns out that they are frauds who have made money on this image then it is real low.

The tea is being spilt though

Dya2CzxX0AEXyvI.jpg

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Diaz said:

Salam they are best friends & both of them accuse Shias for Taqiyah & Mutah but they are doing what they want & will found an excuse to justify their actions from  Salafi ideology that here he propmotes polygamy but is against Mutah although both of them allowed in Islam but

What is problem here ?  There are in a polygamous relationship so what ?

they use polygamy as a replacement for Mutah.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

• Veteran Member

Haven't been following this thread but just seen your last post. Brother don't waste your time following these dramas. It has no benefit to anyone or anything. The whole concept of social media "influencers" and celebs is just weird. Don't follow other people's lives, make your own. It's all fakeness anyway, distracting us from reality. 

• Advanced Member
45 minutes ago, ireallywannaknow said:

Haven't been following this thread but just seen your last post. Brother don't waste your time following these dramas. It has no benefit to anyone or anything. The whole concept of social media "influencers" and celebs is just weird. Don't follow other people's lives, make your own. It's all fakeness anyway, distracting us from reality. 

I completely agree with this, following such things online is just a waste of time and energy.

To be honest I can never understand why someone would like to post so much about their private lives to complete strangers online, even if it makes you money, I would rather have less money and peace of mind with my own privacy.

• Advanced Member
On 6/12/2019 at 8:24 PM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

So this popular, albeit typically cringey youtube/insta Muslim couple have recently shown on social media how the husband has taken a second wife, as it turns out the wife's best friend, with the first wife's full support.

Comments as usual are divided, some attacking the woman as a homewrecker, others saying it has to be a prank, whilst others arguing it is Sunnah and their right, some admire first wive's strength of faith and patience, etc.

Don't know why but just had a feeling he would take another wife. Especially if the first wife is a niqabi, they are probably more literal and less likely to dispute what the Qur'an says in Surah Nisa.

Anyway

source.gif

20190612-010918.jpg

20190612-010908.jpg

20190612-132350.jpg

20190612-132232.jpg

looooll I saw this, people thought it was his sister or something

I mean Islamically you're allowed to marry more than one wife and they seem happy.  They're obviously making it public because they are trying to show people that there is nothing with having two wives and that it is the Sunnah of the Prophet (sawas), but honestly I wouldn't want my future husband to marry another.