Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali~J

What does this hadith mean?

Rate this topic

Salaam, I was reading something and there's this hadith. But I don't know its meaning is it literal? (what would it's meaning be then?) or is it metaphorical with a deeper hidden meaning...? 

Asbagh bin Nubatah quotes Imam 'Ali that, "Almighty God created sexual desires in ten parts; then He gave nine parts to women and one to men." But then Allah also gave them "equal parts of shyness.'

Thanks. 

Edited by Ali~J

I was going to create one of those "so you're telling me memes" but it's too much effort lol. 

But seriously "women have been given greater sexual desire"

Hmmm I find that hard to believe, but OK....

And you said "equal amount of shyness", equal amount of "shyness" (literal) to men did you mean? 

Edited by Ali~J

4 hours ago, Ali~J said:

I was going to create one of those "so you're telling me memes" but it's too much effort lol. 

But seriously "women have been given greater sexual desire"

Hmmm I find that hard to believe, but OK....

And you said "equal amount of shyness", equal amount of "shyness" (literal) to men did you mean? 

No no. Women are give shyness in equal proportion to their sexual desire.

I don't know if this is true per ce. Its just a way of promoting the idea that women have sexual desires (which hasn't always been considered a fact)

2 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

No no. Women are give shyness in equal proportion to their sexual desire.

I don't know if this is true per ce. Its just a way of promoting the idea that women have sexual desires (which hasn't always been considered a fact)

Oh that makes much more sense and would explain why women are so secretive and mysterious sometimes. 

It's simply saying that women have more sexual desires than men but they are to shy to to anything about it making it hard to understand them and what they want... 

Makes perfect sense to me lol. 

understanding-women-volume-1-of-27-5981173.png

I was going to create a new thread but then I thought why not continue with this one....

This time I've got a hadith from Imam Sadiq AS I don't understand the part about Satan, does it mean to say that Satan gives us nightmares?? 

Imam Sadiq (as.) said:

There are three types of dreams: glad tidings from Allah for the believer, ominous dreams from Satan, and muddled dreams.'

al-Kafi, v. 8, p. 90, no. 61; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 256