Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

As for being a virgin, there are many traditions that indicate, that before him, they had married other men.

She didn’t bear children, and couldn’t. And the passage above mentions that.

Except, she wasn’t. Sayyida Kḫādīja was. Aisha herself says that she’s jealous of her.

It doesnt say she couldn't have children. She didn't have children. That doesn't make her infertile.I mean from among those later on. Point being he loved Aisha very much.

7 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

How are they going to explain how one of his wives, Qātīla, became an apostate (disbelieved in God), married the son of A'bu Jāhl and followed Musāylīmāh the Liar?

Never heard of such a wife. Reference?

Aisha was a virgin by the way

8 hours ago, Aragaia said:

Never heard of such a wife. Reference?

Aisha was a virgin by the way

It’s in your books. This is in Al-Istīʿāb Fi Māʿrifāt al-Aṣḥāb, number 3279. And in Al-Tabaqāt al-Kubrā, volume 10, page 142, number 4970, (or volume 8, page 147, other print).

Here, I underlined the part where she became a disbeliever (an apostate). And she was a one of his wives. So, is this disbeliever also your “umm al-mumineen?”

qutaylah-Copy.jpg

1 hour ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

It’s in your books. This is in Al-Istīʿāb Fi Māʿrifāt al-Aṣḥāb, number 3279. And in Al-Tabaqāt al-Kubrā, volume 10, page 142, number 4970, (or volume 8, page 147, other print). 

Here, I underlined the part where she became a disbeliever (an apostate). And she was a one of his wives. So, is this disbeliever also your “umm al-mumineen?”

qutaylah-Copy.jpg

Do you mean Qutayla bint Qays? The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wassallam) either married her or got engaged with her shortly before his death. Their marriage was never consummated and she was never considered one of the mothers of the believers.

One of your prominent mufāsīrin (exegetes), Fākḫr al-Dīn al-Rāzī, says in his book, Māfatīḥ al-Ḡhāyb, volume 30, page 44, in the tafsir of these passages:

(66:4-5)

“If you two [wives] repent to God, for your hearts have certainly swerved [strayed], and if you back each other against him, then [know that] God is indeed his guardian, Gabriel, the righteous among the faithful, and thereafter, the angels are his supporters.

“It may be that if he divorces you, his Lord will give him, in [your] stead, wives better than you: [such as are] Muslim, faithful, obedient, penitent, devout and given to fasting, virgins and non-virgins.

That the two wives are Aisha and Hafsah. See for yourself!
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-rw0i-Den5a8.jp

Do you know what happens if God, the faithful and his angels oppose you? (As it was in the situation of Aisha and her friend)...

[Say,] ‘Whoever is an enemy of Allah, His angels and His apostles, and Gabriel and Michael, [let him know that] God is indeed the enemy of the disbelievers.’ (2:98)

50 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

Do you mean Qutayla bint Qays? The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wassallam) either married her or got engaged with her shortly before his death. Their marriage was never consummated and she was never considered one of the mothers of the believers.

Who says? I want the words of a prominent scholar. I showed you the words of many of your prominent scholars (and tabiʿin) that regarded her as one of his wives...

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

Fākḫr al-Dīn al-Rāzī also says in his book, Māfatīḥ al-Ḡhāyb, volume 30, page 49, in the tafsir of this verse:

God draws an example for the disbelievers: the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were under two of our righteous servants, yet they betrayed them. So, they did not avail them in any way against God, and it was said [to them], ‘Enter the Fire, along with those who enter [it].’ (66:10)

That God likened Aisha and Hafsah to the wives of Lot and Noah, the two disbelievers that’ll enter hellfire!
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-002hxc-MPd-Yl.

9 minutes ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

One of your prominent mufāsīrin (exegetes), Fākḫr al-Dīn al-Rāzī, says in his book, Māfatīḥ al-Ḡhāyb, volume 30, page 44, in the tafsir of these passages:

(66:4-5)

“If you two [wives] repent to God, for your hearts have certainly swerved [strayed], and if you back each other against him, then [know that] God is indeed his guardian, Gabriel, the righteous among the faithful, and thereafter, the angels are his supporters.

“It may be that if he divorces you, his Lord will give him, in [your] stead, wives better than you: [such as are] Muslim, faithful, obedient, penitent, devout and given to fasting, virgins and non-virgins.
That the two wives are Aisha and Hafsah. See for yourself!
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-rw0i-Den5a8.jp

Do you know what happens if God, the faithful and his angels oppose you? (As it was in the situation of Aisha and her friend)...

[Say,] ‘Whoever is an enemy of Allah, His angels and His apostles, and Gabriel and Michael, [let him know that] God is indeed the enemy of the disbelievers.’ (2:98)

Who says? I want the words of a prominent scholar. I showed you the words of many of your prominent scholars (and tabiʿin) that regarded her as one of his wives...

Sheikh Gibril Haddad for instance

https://eshaykh.com/history/Prophets-wives/

– Qutayla bint Qays b. Ma`dikarb  al-Kindiyya the sister of al-Ash`ath b. Qays (a.k.a. Qayla bint Qays). Al-Zurqani says the Prophet married her shortly before he left this world and the marriage was never consummated.

You want to misinterpret the Qur'an as suits your advantage. The verse doesn't support your absurd claims on any way. Allah described a good Muslim wife. That doesn't mean his description must be the exact contrary to the wives you or the Qur'an mentions.

16 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

You want to misinterpret the Qur'an as suits your advantage. The verse doesn't support your absurd claims on any way. Allah described a good Muslim wife. That doesn't mean his description must be the exact contrary to the wives you or the Qur'an mentions.

Whoa, buddy. I didn’t interpret it to suit my advantage... go sue your clerics! They’re the ones that said that, not me. Go tell them that they’re absurd.

Sheikh Gibril Haddad for instance

I don’t even know this man... whilst, if you were to ask any of your clerics about the one I told you about, all will know him.

The verse doesn't support your absurd claims on any way. Allah described a good Muslim wife.

I’ll go with what you said, for the sake of the argument. However, how are you going to explain their swerving? Factually speaking, there isn’t one tradition (or verse) that one of them repented, and even if there is, there’ll still be a necessity of proving it.. e.g., that God accepted their repentance.. and that isn’t proved.

4 minutes ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

Whoa, buddy. I didn’t interpret it to suit my advantage... go sue your clerics! They’re the ones that said that, not me. Go tell them that they’re absurd.

I don’t even know this man... whilst, if you were to ask any of your clerics about the one I told you about, all will know him.

I’ll go with what you said, for the sake of the argument. However, how are you going to explain their swerving? Factually speaking, there isn’t one tradition (or verse) that one of them repented, and even if there is, there’ll still be a necessity of proving it.. e.g., that God accepted their repentance.. and that isn’t proved.

I’d like to ask though... Where are you from?

So one of them repented. Yunus repented, David repented. Everyone repents. That's what we're here for.

2 minutes ago, Aragaia said:

So one of them repented. Yunus repented, David repented. Everyone repents. That's what we're here for.

I never said that one of them repented. I asked you to bring me proof that one of them repented, and that God accepted their repentance.

12 minutes ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

I never said that one of them repented. I asked you to bring me proof that one of them repented, and that God accepted their repentance.

Sorry, I misread. I think there's proof enough in the authentic hadith and the Qur'an in that it gives no indication they hadn't but instead says that if they don't surely Allah and the angels and the  believers will back him up. but I don't think it is relevant to prove especially in the Qur'an. The Qur'an is not a biography.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:35 PM, Aragaia said:

They only say the wives of Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wassallam) were "holy".

It is well known recorded fact in history of Islam that Aisha , the wife of the Prophet s.a.aw went leading her army to fight with fourth caliph of Sunnis and 1st Imam of Shia Ali bin Abi Talb AS. in battle of Camel ie Jamal. This battle resulted in killing of thousands of Muslim from both sides.

I like to mention the following verses of Qur'an in  comparison to her such acts:

وَقَرْنَ فِي بُيُوتِكُنَّ وَلَا تَبَرَّجْنَ تَبَرُّجَ الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ الْأُولَىٰ ۖ وَأَقِمْنَ الصَّلَاةَ وَآتِينَ الزَّكَاةَ وَأَطِعْنَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ

And stay in your houses and do not display your finery like the displaying of the ignorance of yore; and keep up prayer, and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Messenger. (33:33)

وَمَن يَقْنُتْ مِنكُنَّ لِلَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَتَعْمَلْ صَالِحًا نُّؤْتِهَا أَجْرَهَا مَرَّتَيْنِ وَأَعْتَدْنَا لَهَا رِزْقًا كَرِيمًا

And whoever of you is obedient to Allah and His Messenger and does good, We will give to her her reward doubly, and We have prepared for her an honorable sustenance. (33:31)

يَا نِسَاءَ النَّبِيِّ مَن يَأْتِ مِنكُنَّ بِفَاحِشَةٍ مُّبَيِّنَةٍ يُضَاعَفْ لَهَا الْعَذَابُ ضِعْفَيْنِ ۚ وَكَانَ ذَٰلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيرًا

O wives of the Prophet! whoever of you commits an open indecency, the punishment shall be increased to her doubly; and this is easy to Allah. (33:30)

Wasalam

Guest Sunni

this is sad, the Prophet died in the house of his beloved wife Aisha in fact he died while his head was on her chest. subhanallah making takfir on your mother. what bad followers of the Prophet you are. 

ridiculous, and just shameful. 

2 hours ago, Guest Sunni said:

this is sad, the Prophet died in the house of his beloved wife Aisha in fact he died while his head was on her chest. subhanallah making takfir on your mother. what bad followers of the Prophet you are. 

ridiculous, and just shameful. 

They are not our mothers the way you understand it. No one is doing any takfir to them, just stating the historical fact of what they did. In Shia viewpoint they are worst in reliability and are know for hating and being jealousy to the members of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). 

2 hours ago, Guest Sunni said:

1. The wives of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) are mother of nation / ummah yes it is believed in the light of verses of Qur'an because no one can marry them after the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). This is a pride exclusively for the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and not for his wives.

2.  Do the Sunni take verses of Qur'an first as source of their religion or hadith ? If you take verses of Qur'an as first source of religion  then these are above the hadith text that you are quoting by keeping the eyes closed from the truth.

I have just quoted the verses where the wives of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) are addressed by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) thyslef. How do consider the quoting of the verses of Qur'an as takfir?

Edited by Muslim2010