Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mateen Rokni

Is marijuana considered an intoxicant ?

Rate this topic

On 6/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, funklebits said:

This is easy to answer. It has made me kinder, more generous and understanding, more patient, a better teacher, a better follower. It has helped me ponder over things. It has been constant companion and friend from the moment we met until today. 

The list is honestly endless. I can not emphasize enough how much good it has done for me mentally.

this is funny. uses drugs to become kinder and more generous instead of going out, seeing and experiencing the hell some people are in. u couldve went to a soup kitchen helping the homeless every few days and that would’ve built u into a more generous and kinder person with an appreciation of where to spend ur money

the logic here is heartbreaking. instead of spending that drug money on people who need it, he uses it on drugs miraculously become more compassionate. 

I don’t mean to sound rude brother, I really don’t. but ur argument is so faulty and fragile that it worries me how u havent thought about it.

19 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

this is funny. uses drugs to become kinder and more generous instead of going out, seeing and experiencing the hell some people are in. u couldve went to a soup kitchen helping the homeless every few days and that would’ve built u into a more generous and kinder person with an appreciation of where to spend ur money

the logic here is heartbreaking. instead of spending that drug money on people who need it, he uses it on drugs miraculously become more compassionate. 

My God, the amount of arrogance, condescension, and assumptions in this is astounding. Well done. 

19 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

I don’t mean to sound rude brother, I really don’t. but ur argument is so faulty and fragile that it worries me how u havent thought about it.

Please have no fear of sounding rude brother. After being on this site for a while and seeing how you have responded to other people and now reading this I can honestly say, I wouldn't give a whores promise for your thoughts on this or really any other matter. No offense intended brother.

6 hours ago, funklebits said:

My God, the amount of arrogance, condescension, and assumptions in this is astounding. Well done. 

Please have no fear of sounding rude brother. After being on this site for a while and seeing how you have responded to other people and now reading this I can honestly say, I wouldn't give a whores promise for your thoughts on this or really any other matter. No offense intended brother.

I replied based on the information you gave, which is silly at best.

No offense taken brother. 420 blaze it son.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:28 AM, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

I fully agree with your post and I would like to applaud you for this clear logic. 

The issue of intoxicants and their being forbidden in Islam is such a clear issue, I'm not sure how there can still be those who are confused about this. 

Marijuana is an intoxicant, therefore it is forbidden. Full Stop. 

The only exception to this is if it is prescribed by a doctor in the course of a legitimate medical treatment. I've heard the definition of 'legitimate medical treatment' stretched, so let me define this further. 'Legitimate Medical Treatment' is a course of treatment that has been accepted by a consensus amoung fully qualified and licensed physicians as being non-harmful to the patient as well as being the most effective way available to the patient to cure or alleviate the symptoms of an active disease state in the patient. This treatment must be done under the supervision of a licensed medical professional who is authorized by the National, State, or Local government to prescribe medicines and oversee this particular course of treatment. If the patient can find an alternative treatment that is both non harmful and also servers to cure or alleviate symptoms of the disease and doesn't involve the use of marijuana, they are obligated to follow that alternative course of treatment and not the one that involves marijuana. 

If the use of marijuana is within the above parameters, it is not haram, otherwise it is. Clear enough ? 

On 6/14/2019 at 1:09 AM, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

No offense taken brother. 420 blaze it son.

Thank you brother, and for my part, I am sorry for being an [edit] to you. 

i-m-sorry.gif

Edited by Hameedeh
[Edit] inappropriate language

21 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

This treatment must be done under the supervision of a licensed medical professional who is authorized by the National, State, or Local government to prescribe medicines and oversee this particular course of treatment. 

salam,

These certified professionals are limited to treat ailments according to their acquired trade. other people will tell of sicknesses that even the machines & the science of medicine will fail to detect. we are sick, very much so. Our sickness is within us, so is the cure, innate. Sometimes letting go of weed is good, trying to resonate with the creation, the wind & etc becomes tricky, with prayer being done hastily. Marijuana has its negatives, a certain thing that is not meant to be there in the body, a breach for the spiritual enemies. Those who swim without using, swim & those who swim whilst using, swim & Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best. Having used whilst swimming & not, not using is preferred probably if you're complete (married). A natural high. Being single & marijuana & swimming deep, those things reap apart! Having the Prophet(s) as someone who reform morals as a model to be looked upon, he(s) isn't someone who would go & get material & use. 

On 6/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, funklebits said:

It has made me kinder, more generous and understanding, more patient, a better teacher, a better follower. It has helped me ponder over things. It has been constant companion and friend from the moment we met until today. 

Your post reminded me of the following lines from Gunter Grass's epic, 'The Tin Drum", it's from a rather lyrically written chapter called, 'Faith, Hope, Love':

Once upon a time there was a musician named Meyn, and he played the trumpet too beautifully for words. He lived on the fourth floor of our building, just under the roof, kept four cats, one of them named Bismarck, and drank from morning till night from a bottle of Machandel, until, towards the end of thirty-six or early in thirty-seven I believe, he joined the Mounted SA, and as a trumpeter in the band made far fewer mistakes, but no longer played too beautifully for words, because, having slipped on those leather-seated riding breeches, he gave up the Machandel bottle,

Grass, Günter. The Tin Drum (Vintage War) (p. 182). Random House. Kindle Edition. 

It's a work of fiction though.

And the problem with using drugs as a means of becoming a better person is that whatever you do is not out of freewill.

I can just add, brother, that everyone has his own personal drugs... even if people never tried them, there is always one that is special for us. I wouldn't joke with this. There are people who may have been 50 years smoking weed and never develop any dangerous or harmful consequence nor addiction. There are others who go worse and worse. It may work for you, but not for all.

Any person who has been on drugs knows that with certainty.

I'm not completely against them, but I see no reason for more than one consumption to know what they are, if there is no (medical) need for them.

I have tasted marijuana just once, one or two seconds maybe, and I puked and hated it. There are other drugs that you may have tried and hated, but that could be way more addictive and loved by me. Each one has his own demons.

Edited by Hameedeh
Off-topic quote was removed.

Guest Ali
On 6/16/2019 at 5:53 AM, Abu Hadi said:

I fully agree with your post and I would like to applaud you for this clear logic. 

The issue of intoxicants and their being forbidden in Islam is such a clear issue, I'm not sure how there can still be those who are confused about this. 

Marijuana is an intoxicant, therefore it is forbidden. Full Stop. 

The only exception to this is if it is prescribed by a doctor in the course of a legitimate medical treatment. I've heard the definition of 'legitimate medical treatment' stretched, so let me define this further. 'Legitimate Medical Treatment' is a course of treatment that has been accepted by a consensus amoung fully qualified and licensed physicians as being non-harmful to the patient as well as being the most effective way available to the patient to cure or alleviate the symptoms of an active disease state in the patient. This treatment must be done under the supervision of a licensed medical professional who is authorized by the National, State, or Local government to prescribe medicines and oversee this particular course of treatment. If the patient can find an alternative treatment that is both non harmful and also servers to cure or alleviate symptoms of the disease and doesn't involve the use of marijuana, they are obligated to follow that alternative course of treatment and not the one that involves marijuana. 

If the use of marijuana is within the above parameters, it is not haram, otherwise it is. Clear enough ? 

Salam

I hope you're well

I disagree with the fact you're saying God has forbidden the medicinal use of weed unless it is done according to those parameters you stated... 

I believe you're wrong about that. 

Where did you get those parameters? 

how do you know what God forbids? 

There is not alot of things forbidden by God himself in the Qur'an, I think everyone should be careful when adding to that list and telling people God also forbids more then what he has clearly forbidden in the Qur'an. 

I'm Shia, I get my fiq from Sistani, I developed ulcerative colitis, what the doctors prescribed did not help and I think even made my health worse, my UC started getting worse, I became incontinent, lots of foods make me sick, I couldn't live properly or work properly, it was getting in the way of my life and salah, I became desperate, I did research. I found enough evidence to have good intentions for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) so I can try it medicinally. 

I'm in the United Kingdom and doctors are still not prescribing weed for UC... 

Doctors in America prescribe weed for ulcerative colitis so that is good enough for me...

I tried it, it helped my symptoms instantly, I used it again because it helped, then again because it helped, then again. I kept using it medicinally. The bleeding and incontinence stopped around the time I first started using medicinaly Alhamdulillah and its been a long time... 

I feel much better Alhamdulillah there's no bleeding, and I'm no longer incontinent

I'm still not cured, I still get some minor symptoms and I still don't have the best diet, I don't have a wife and I've failed to cook, I eat mostly take away food, I had a lamb biriyani yesterday that instantly upset my stomach, It felt like I was going to have diarrhea soon, then I had some weed and felt better, I went toilet in the morning the next day and it looked healthy Alhamdulillah 

From the evidence I think if I stop using medicinally I'll get really sick and I think it would take 1-3 months to become incontinent again

So what I'm saying is you guys shouldn't be so hard on each other, if you have Ms, arthritis, chrons, UC and certain other health conditions I'd say it's worth trying it medicinally with good intentions if you believe Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is alright with you using it medicinally... 

I believe Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is alright with me using weed medicinally, I believe I have a really good relationship with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Alhamdulillah

I'd rather not say anything here but I felt like I had to say that to please Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) 

On 6/18/2019 at 9:35 AM, Charity said:
  • Knowingly doing something haram and then sharing it publicly, isn't that also haram?
  • When God Almighty conceals our sins, why is it in this day and age is it popular to talk about sins openly?

To be fair, we are all hidden behind usernames, so the anonymity probably makes it Halal. That being said, I always wonder if evil jinn read these forums... perhaps it's not as anonymous as we think and they are giving us evil eyes. :hahaha::ranting:

Edit: A'udhu billahi min ash shaytani rajim

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

On 6/12/2019 at 9:56 PM, IbnSina said:

Have you researched what his fatwa is on marijuana usage? 

do you perhaps have the address, I get lost trying to start to get there

36 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

To be fair, we are all hidden behind usernames, so the anonymity probably makes it Halal. That being said, I always wonder if evil jinn read these forums... perhaps it's not as anonymous as we think and they are giving us evil eyes.

I am absolutely sure that the big Shaytan (or more specific the NSA) knows exactly who we all are behind our usernames. They have made it their job to know these things. But so what. I wasn't planing on getting a Green Card anyways.

All intoxicating substances are haram. You simply can’t pray five times a day, on time, with understanding and respect towards Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) if you are drunk or high.

People who who try to make haram into halal, remind me of Sunnis who spill the filth on nikah mutah whilst accepting some 30 (wanasa, misyar, misfar, halala, urfi and so on), innovative timely “marriages”.. 

Posts complaining about a reply being deleted will be removed as off-topic. Because this is a serious topic, silly images will be removed. Any post in this thread that is not about marijuana will be removed.