Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

As Salaamun akeikum everyone,

So the initial question I had was still making me crazy., because something just wasnt sitting right with me with most of the responses, so I eventually decided to emailed Dr.. Farokh Sekaleshfar. Here is his response:

Concerning 83:34, as we see so much in the translations of the Qur'an, the term "laughing" is incorrect for the Arabic term "yadh-hakoon"

the universal essence and meaning of the term yadh-ha-koon which is derived from "dhihk" (ضخک) is a manifested effect of intense joy within one's soul

the operative clause being "within one's soul" I.e. not a physical laughing or any sort of mocking etc. which is beyond the character of the heavenly

this inner joy may result as a result of their seeing Allah's justice in the Hereafter, something which they academically knew when in this world. Their patience would seem rewarding to them etc.

also note, that this need not apply to all believers of all degrees. It may be in relation to step one whereas stronger level believers may not be experiencing such joy at all in the same way they are not interested in the heavenly rewards of the houris and palaces and food etc. They are only concerned in divine proximity and being with Him.

My sincere thanks to all who offerrd their time in helping me with this question.

W/s

On 6/13/2019 at 10:29 PM, Shia farm girl said:
As Salaamun akeikum everyone,

So the initial question I had was still making me crazy., because something just wasnt sitting right with me with most of the responses, so I eventually decided to emailed Dr... Farokh Sekaleshfar. Here is his response:

Concerning 83:34, as we see so much in the translations of the Qur'an, the term "laughing" is incorrect for the Arabic term "yadh-hakoon"

the universal essence and meaning of the term yadh-ha-koon which is derived from "dhihk" (ضخک) is a manifested effect of intense joy within one's soul

the operative clause being "within one's soul" I.e. not a physical laughing or any sort of mocking etc. which is beyond the character of the heavenly

this inner joy may result as a result of their seeing Allah's justice in the Hereafter, something which they academically knew when in this world. Their patience would seem rewarding to them etc.

also note, that this need not apply to all believers of all degrees. It may be in relation to step one whereas stronger level believers may not be experiencing such joy at all in the same way they are not interested in the heavenly rewards of the houris and palaces and food etc. They are only concerned in divine proximity and being with Him.

My sincere thanks to all who offerrd their time in helping me with this question.

W/s

That doesn't really help the original issue. In fact it would be more natural to laugh than to feel intense joy within the soul. In the original context you put it to that is