Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What kind of person is better here ?

Rate this topic

Salam aleykoum, 

Sometimes I see some Sunni Muslims who are very devout toward their practices of religion like salat but in the same ways are very agressive toward Shias considering them sometimes as kuffars. 

While in the same way I see some non Muslims Jews or Christians who don't believe in Islam but at least don't disrespect Shia Muslims (I talk about some of them, there could also have some Islamophobes). 

So who are the best persons here? People of the book who don't believe in Islam but don't have any problem against Shias? Or some devout Sunnis who consider Shias as kuffars? Also how each of them would be judged in the hereafter? 

Thanks by advance for your help here. 

• Advanced Member

don’t judge ppl by a single act (like respecting or disrespecting Shias). Judgment is a complicated thing!

It might be considered rude but Imma say it anyway ! Is the Salat which is performed by Sunnis correct ? If not , then being devout toward doing it is not important,at least in ma opinion !

Plus what ppl do doesn't matter. The matter is which religion by itself is better!

There is no answer to that.

But to approach it a little if there was, what is "better" here? A better person? A better believer? A better neighbour? Saying how each of them would be judged in the hereafter is forbitten for us as Muslims, isn't it?

On 6/7/2019 at 6:46 AM, aaaz1618 said:

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say that the Christians and Jews are the better kind. 

If I was to call someone a disbeliever, no matter how religious I was, it would be equal to me saying 'you have, because of your actions, disbelieved in God' while the reality is the actions I criticise are mostly ordered by God in the first place. So you are not a disbeliever, rather I am disbelieving a person who has taken clear signs of God and acted upon them.

Compare that to Christians and Jews who do not hate someone, they are more than likely adhering to their scripture better than the finger bashing Muslim. 

A bit of history, when I was looking into Islam when I was a Catholic, I have only once heard criticism of Islam by one Catholic to my face, but since becoming Muslim I have been criticised for how I look at Islam by many, many, many Muslims to my face.

Most Christians are not adhering to their scripture at all. In fact, most of them have never read it. The reason they are so tolerant is that they are altogether indifferent regarding religion.

While those adhering to their scripture (which is corrupted) are often those who dislike few things as much as Islam.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:48 AM, Guest Ara said:

Most Christians are not adhering to their scripture at all. In fact, most of them have never read it. The reason they are so tolerant is that they are altogether indifferent regarding religion.

While those adhering to their scripture (which is corrupted) are often those who dislike few things as much as Islam.

I have to disagree because you are likely referring to the YouTube Evangelist types which are not most of the Christians when talking about disliking Islam. Most Christians have read the Bible to be fair, they know about some of the most important rules of the book, love thy neighbour, let thee who is without sin cast the first stone etc etc...  Have you met a Coptic Orthodox Christian or what a about a Catholic? I know many who have nothing bad to say against Muslims, yet Muslims have plenty to say about one another.

Certain ideologies of Muslim do not have the excuse that one could put on Christians, look at certain Muslims who follow certain ideologies- they do not have a corrupt book we can blame, they say they adhere more to the religion than you and me, they aren't indifferent to religion, yet they commit atrocities as bad, or worse than any religious adherent on this planet. 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:41 AM, Guest Ara said:

Saying how each of them would be judged in the hereafter is forbitten for us as Muslims, isn't it?

But I am with you on this, I would not place such opinion on their judgement. There is only so much we can observe, and actions are one of those things. The rest, Allah is the All-knowing.

• Advanced Member
On 6/7/2019 at 1:31 PM, aaaz1618 said:

I have to disagree because you are likely referring to the YouTube Evangelist types which are not most of the Christians when talking about disliking Islam. Most Christians have read the Bible to be fair, they know about some of the most important rules of the book, love thy neighbour, let thee who is without sin cast the first stone etc etc...  Have you met a Coptic Orthodox Christian or what a about a Catholic? I know many who have nothing bad to say against Muslims, yet Muslims have plenty to say about one another.

Certain ideologies of Muslim do not have the excuse that one could put on Christians, look at certain Muslims who follow certain ideologies- they do not have a corrupt book we can blame, they say they adhere more to the religion than you and me, they aren't indifferent to religion, yet they commit atrocities as bad, or worse than any religious adherent on this planet. 

I'm referring to the Christian apologetics and other significantly religious people. But they don't make most of Christians of course. I echo still, most Christians have never read the Bible and they're not planning on reading it. Here is one statistic board; 20% of Americans have read the entire Bible at least once. And that of course does not mean that they follow it.

https://lifewayresearch.com/2017/04/25/lifeway-research-americans-are-fond-of-the-bible-don’t-actually-read-it/

Christians fight among each other as well. Which may balance the world. I don't want to generalise.

• Advanced Member

Before I start I just want to say that some Shia’s criticize and attack Sunnis as well. It’s better if we all just leave each other and live in peace.

My best friend is Christian, and he never judged me. Most of his friends are Muslims as well, if you guys met him at least once in your life, I bet you want to be his friend. 

I love and respect all the people that respect me, even if that person is atheist and respect my beliefs, I respect them. Anti-Shia are dangerous to society, I hope they just leave us alone, and of course they are worst than atheists who respect us. 

On 6/7/2019 at 6:26 AM, Mohammadi_follower said:

Salam aleykoum, 

Sometimes I see some Sunni Muslims who are very devout toward their practices of religion like salat but in the same ways are very agressive toward Shias considering them sometimes as kuffars. 

While in the same way I see some non Muslims Jews or Christians who don't believe in Islam but at least don't disrespect Shia Muslims (I talk about some of them, there could also have some Islamophobes). 

So who are the best persons here? People of the book who don't believe in Islam but don't have any problem against Shias? Or some devout Sunnis who consider Shias as kuffars? Also how each of them would be judged in the hereafter? 

Thanks by advance for your help here. 

The reason why you seem to find many non-Muslims not being as hateful towards Shias than most Sunnis is simply because Non-Muslims are not as personally invested in their beliefs against Shiaism and in Sunnism (for that matter).  Sunnis, however,  just like Shias, are personally invested in their beliefs against their counterpart, hence their hate.  That which Threatens or challenges your beliefs will necessarily cause you to be personally invested in opposing it.  

For Christians, “Islam” as such is more likely to be their object of hate rather than Shiaism itself.  Why? Because “Islam” as such is the threat, not a subsection called “Shiaism”. 

• Advanced Member

@Mohammadi_follower first and foremost thank you for asking such a good question. I must admit it gave me pause and I spent a moment to think it through. 

Summary of my thought on this;

I would say the Jew and the Christian as they (from this small example) appear to have less hate in there heart. If the Sunnis (or anyone) can so easily hate us, how easy is it for them to hate another thing. 

Hate is hard thing. If you do it for a good reason, you will eventually do it for a poor reason. 

Islam (in my own foolish opinion ) is like the perfect garden. Each school of thought each sect/branch (what ever you may call it) is like a fragrant flower or succulent fruit tree. Each has something special to offer. 

• Advanced Member

I think it's about time we should focus on those Sunni's and shi'is who consider eachother to be Muslim in a modest and respectable manner as I came to the conclusion that the divisive aspects are emphasized at cost of the 1000's of commonalities and developments for the sake of mutual respect between both parties. 

There is a button to stop this repeat modus. Remember that these kind of topics are benefitting those who do not love Sunni's nor shi'is.

• Advanced Member

Some things we'll never agree but as is said. 

If we can get along with Christians and Jews despite our diffirences it should be even more normal for the people of the Qur'an.