Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Shaytan locked in Ramazan?

Rate this topic

• Moderators

Salam, 

Can anyone please explain to me what does it mean by the shaytan being locked or chained up in Ramadan?

All kinds of bad haraam stuff happens on Ramadan.To be honest I see very little difference in terms of sinful acts being committed outside and in Ramadan. So are we humans so self sufficient in haraam acts now that presence or absence of shaytan makes no difference? 

Here’s how I interpret it. In normal days, you’d have “your” Satan, in addition to your self.” Wherefore, in that holy month, you’d perhaps, only have your “soul” tempting you, as the latter is locked (or chained) up. And freewill is also a factor.

Edited by Simon the Canaanite
  • Advanced Member

The Holy Prophet said

As soon as the month of Ramazan sets in, the gates of Hell are locked up, the gates of Paradise are opened, and the devils are bound up

Bihar al-Anwar, p. 348, no. 14; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 759

32 minutes ago, starlight said:

All kinds of bad haraam stuff happens on Ramadan.To be honest I see very little difference in terms of sinful acts being committed outside and in Ramadan

That's sad to hear indeed, but even if the devil is locked up in Ramadan it doesn't mean our free will is restricted. This means people who commit sins in Ramadan are punished more because they are solely acting on their freewill without temptation from the devil.

Edited by starlight
strike through error
  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, Ali~J said:

I don't know what happened there ^

:helpsos:

Everything crossed out except the Holy Prophet.... 

Fixed. That will be 250USD. Thank you. 

5 hours ago, starlight said:

Salam, 

Can anyone please explain to me what does it mean by the shaytan being locked or chained up in Ramadan?

All kinds of bad haraam stuff happens on Ramadan.To be honest I see very little difference in terms of sinful acts being committed outside and in Ramadan. So are we humans so self sufficient in haraam acts now that presence or absence of shaytan makes no difference? 

Shaytan is locked for the one who fasted in the month of Ramadan with its due right and trained himself with the real objective of fasting.