Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Zohra

Eid is boring; don't criticize me

Rate this topic

On 6/3/2019 at 10:15 PM, Guest Zohra said:

Yes, it may be unbelievable but for a lot of people, including me, Eid is a boring and lonely day. And no, it doesn't make it better when other people hate on you.

Some people are not blessed to live in a Muslim community, to have Muslim friends or family who live in the same country, let alone in the same city. So yes, for a lot of us, Eid is just a regular day, and can sometimes even get sad when you see other Muslims enjoying their days doing fun activities with their friends and family. But I noticed, whenever you mention this, other people always criticize you and say things like ''Ha, you probably are celebrating Christmas and Halloween and all that, that's why Eid is boring for you.' Ehm, lol, I'm literally not. Or they say that you should make it fun yourself, literally, how???? 

Anyway, I hope more people will realize that not everyone have people who they can celebrate Eid with. 

Well, I would say that even if people don't celebrate along you, you should have to celebrate it with your soul. Eid is not a day but a condition which Imam Ali (عليه السلام) says: "Every day will be an Eid day if you do not sin on that day". Make everyday of your life an Eid day, keep up spirit of Ramadan for the rest of eleven months until the next Ramadan comes.

I love being able to eat and drink coffee in the morning on Eid. I mostly skip breakfast, so eating sehri at 3am is very hard. When you live with narcissists, they love to ruin your special days and they always have a big fight on Eid days. So I am just happy that I am not speaking with any of narcissists in my life, and they cannot ruin Eid day for me. 

On 6/3/2019 at 1:15 PM, Guest Zohra said:

Yes, it may be unbelievable but for a lot of people, including me, Eid is a boring and lonely day. And no, it doesn't make it better when other people hate on you.

Some people are not blessed to live in a Muslim community, to have Muslim friends or family who live in the same country, let alone in the same city. So yes, for a lot of us, Eid is just a regular day, and can sometimes even get sad when you see other Muslims enjoying their days doing fun activities with their friends and family. But I noticed, whenever you mention this, other people always criticize you and say things like ''Ha, you probably are celebrating Christmas and Halloween and all that, that's why Eid is boring for you.' Ehm, lol, I'm literally not. Or they say that you should make it fun yourself, literally, how???? 

Anyway, I hope more people will realize that not everyone have people who they can celebrate Eid with. 

People usually tend  to celebrate Eid around those they fasted with - those they went to the mosque with during Ramadan.  If you don’t have a community that you fasted with it, that you worshipped with at a masjid or at a center or at someone’s house then your situation is understandable as far as the community or social aspect of Eid is concerned.  Perhaps m you should try next time to make your Ramadan more social.  The way to do this is to set your own group or circle up.  If you are a convert to Islam (for example) and you are always around non-Muslims, then organize a regular majlis at someone’s home where you invite Muslims (especially other converts), where you break fast together, recite Qur'an and share your reflections.  You might end up celebrating EID together.  

Having said this:  Eid is a day of gratitude.  

This is where our happiness on Eid should come from.  Having gratitude for whatever God has decreed for us.  

Edited by eThErEaL

Eid is boring because no one makes it fun. With Christmas and Halloween, there's a theme, backstory decorations and traditions that only happens on these holidays. What does Eid have? Family outings and visits? Traditional Muslim sweets and Vimto? Man, I can do that all at any day of the year. Eid gives us the freedom to do what we want. We have to make it fun. Make your own Eid traditions dude. =)