Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Zohra

Eid is boring; don't criticize me

Rate this topic

Guest Zohra

Yes, it may be unbelievable but for a lot of people, including me, Eid is a boring and lonely day. And no, it doesn't make it better when other people hate on you.

Some people are not blessed to live in a Muslim community, to have Muslim friends or family who live in the same country, let alone in the same city. So yes, for a lot of us, Eid is just a regular day, and can sometimes even get sad when you see other Muslims enjoying their days doing fun activities with their friends and family. But I noticed, whenever you mention this, other people always criticize you and say things like ''Ha, you probably are celebrating Christmas and Halloween and all that, that's why Eid is boring for you.' Ehm, lol, I'm literally not. Or they say that you should make it fun yourself, literally, how???? 

Anyway, I hope more people will realize that not everyone have people who they can celebrate Eid with. 

Eid like Christmas is hyped up and ends sooner than it starts. It's an okay day, but it's what you make of it, if you have the company and the vibe it is nice, but otherwise it's just okay. I made the effort this year for Ramadhan by buying little Moroccan lanterns and Qur'an verses in frames to create a festive vibe. I can totally relate to how you feel. I remember my first Ramadhan being very, very lonely. It comprised of waking in the morning before prayer and eating random things like flapjacks and then working 12hr shifts in a breakfast café. 

Edited by aaaz1618

It was fun as a kid but now it's usually just eh. But I'll keep what you said in mind and make Dua especially for those who are lonely on Eid inshaAllah. 

To make it fun for yourself you can treat yourself to do something fun or go to a restaurant or buy something you've been wanting. I know that sounds lonely but at least your brain will associate Eid with something a little special. 

It sounds like the real problem is that you don’t have good company and you get lonely on eid especially because you see all these people with their friends and family.

I hope Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) helps you find good sisters to befriend or makes it so that your closer to your family and can celebrate with them. Of course you will also have to put in an effort with regards to that.

For me personally, after being hungry for 30 days and not being able to work out, I find Eid fun if not for anything else, then at least for the sake of me being able to eat pizza for breakfast and go work out afterwards. Its nice not to be hungry and to be able to be active.

But on a more serious note, inshaAllah you can make eid more fun for your children the day you have them or between yourself and your future husband. Buy gifts for each other, decorate the house, invite people over (such as converts who are also lonely, or people far away from their families like yourself), go out for a picnic maybe BBQ, make games for the children give them eid gifts, etc. We got many days of celebration in Islam, especially as Shias, too bad we don’t make anything out of them, we barely bother to know the dates to begin with.

1 hour ago, Guest Zohra said:

Eid is just a regular day, and can sometimes even get sad when you see other Muslims enjoying their days doing fun activities with their

I'm same as you ,the most boring days are Eid days for me too

Guest Nani-Amma

For most Muslim cultures, the definition of fun is meeting many people around a meal.

Eid day is not an exception, you need to get yourself invited to a Muslim gathering, a mosque get together, or something similar.

If there is none happening around you, gather the phone numbers of all the lone wolves around you, and invite them for a pay it yourself pizza party, or a potluck of bunch of them are into cooking or baking.

Been there, done that, it’s definitely a very boring day if not remedied by a gathering of others lonesomes on a food gathering. 

I understand how you feel like, eid is boring specially when you are with the wrong people or lonely. 

Guest Zohra

Thank you guys for the understanding and comments.

For me, Eid has never been special, even not as a kid. I am 19 now. My parents are working, funny thing, they are tailors and are finishing the last Eid clothes for other people :’’). My brothers go to school or work, my friends are white and not Muslim and I live in a village yay. 

But anyway maybe im sounding ungrateful, but im really not im thankful that I’m healthy, safe, alive and have my parents and brothers around me this Eid. 

On 6/4/2019 at 1:15 AM, Guest Zohra said:

Yes, it may be unbelievable but for a lot of people, including me, Eid is a boring and lonely day. And no, it doesn't make it better when other people hate on you.

Some people are not blessed to live in a Muslim community, to have Muslim friends or family who live in the same country, let alone in the same city. So yes, for a lot of us, Eid is just a regular day, and can sometimes even get sad when you see other Muslims enjoying their days doing fun activities with their friends and family. But I noticed, whenever you mention this, other people always criticize you and say things like ''Ha, you probably are celebrating Christmas and Halloween and all that, that's why Eid is boring for you.' Ehm, lol, I'm literally not. Or they say that you should make it fun yourself, literally, how???? 

Anyway, I hope more people will realize that not everyone have people who they can celebrate Eid with. 

I agree, to be honest I hardly look forward to eid 

On 6/3/2019 at 6:15 PM, Guest Zohra said:

Finally someone said it. 

Well maybe the fact that on the Eid day,I stayed at university untill 12 a.m might help u feel better. I actually have no idea when was Eid ! Like what day was it. All these days I had to just study. Don't take it hard,it s just a day! Talk to Allah when ur alone. It makes me feel better...

2 hours ago, strength=Abbas said:

Well maybe the fact that on the Eid day,I stayed at university untill 12 a.m might help u feel better. I actually have no idea when was Eid ! Like what day was it. All these days I had to just study. Don't take it hard,it s just a day! Talk to Allah when ur alone. It makes me feel better...

I agree it's a day of reflection. May Allah give us sabr. 

20 minutes ago, hussayntheshia said:

I agree it's a day of reflection. May Allah give us sabr. 

Well as a matter of fact I don't like gatherings n holidays n stuff lol so all good,hamdillah  =)

Edited by strength=Abbas