Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

Why is Shiachat so boring now?

Rate this topic

Salam,

I joined Shiachat end of 2016, and I felt that the topics were more hype and interesting. I also noticed that "regular users" or those who are veteran used to contribute at times. Now there aren't many threads which I find interesting, majority lack substance.  This site should be deep, it should go beyond fiqh, "mutah" and "polygamy" threads. I also think senior members need to contribute more at times. Also even if you guys have nothing to share about Islam, still share your own life struggles, social issues etc.

What are your thoughts? It's weird because back then I used to feel like contributing to almost every thread, now I don't! Maybe it's just me?

11 minutes ago, Diaz said:

For me, it’s not that boring maybe cuz I’m new here.

Yeah, I mean you seem to be quite popular on here... 

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Maybe it's just me?

It goes up and it goes down, and then it goes up again. It's like a tide, only less regular. 

Probably it's at least partly you too. You've seen lots of interesting topics already. It's mostly repetition. 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Brother, I hope you are well and in good health.

Members have a great deal in contributing to this site.

I believe it is important to establish relationships in the real world more so than online.  I use ShiaChat during my downtime, to check what the latest is going in current events, politics, and what is currently popular.   

I hope mods can pardon many of the banned members.  That would be a nice 3id gift.  :)

I wish they would go back to how the thread was titled into categories and not what they have currently with the fluid system.  *yawn*

There are certain topics that I want to respond to like the girl who reported on her father.   Very sad, the way it turned out for her, it was not planned out correctly and what they did to their father was reactionary and made a lot of poor choices.

Members don't ask the important questions.   How will you take care of your mother?  How quick one phone call can destroy an entire family?  No one even said to practice patience, find a mediator, put sadaqa everyday, work extra hard to help the family, get a job and help out financially, give a helping hand around the house.   Nope, it's all about quick results, quick responses, nothing is thought out, and just temporary pleasure.  Instead, people will find what I say repulsive, and then say you are supporting the abusive father.  Um no, not at all, but what is the greater good?  To keep the family intact or to have each member of the family broken and on their own.  Oh ya that's much better.  :rolleyes:

Someone explain to me how her mother now is much better off then before?  Maybe that is your solution to yourself, but what about her?  What if this is the trial she was willing to go through in order to keep her family intact and not separated by foster care and the system?  It's too bad, I didn't bother responding, because the damage is done.  And you can't undo anything now.

People are interested in quick fixes, enjoying the worldly pleasure, and forgetting the reason why we are in this world.  Why are you in this world brother @ali_fatheroforphans

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

3 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Boring?

Probably because l have been absent for the last six months.   :grin:

Welcome back

3 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Boring?

Probably because l have been absent for the last six months.   :grin:

lol thats why you left? so we all crave for your presence and realise how boring this site is without you lol?

anyways yeah there is some truth to what  you said.

4 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

anyways yeah there is some truth to what  you said.

Thanks.

Relatedly,I thought about starting a radio podcast. The commentary type. I'd name it: R.l.M. Fire    --like a rim fired cartridge.

RlM = Radical Islamic  Moderate.

Probably need some voice lessons first.

"Extremism in the pursuit of Liberty is no vice."

12 hours ago, Diaz said:

Me? No way xD 

Yeah, you will be a great member if you remain active. 

For some reason you remind me of an existing high ranking member... 

12 hours ago, Laayla said:

Members don't ask the important questions.   How will you take care of your mother?  How quick one phone call can destroy an entire family?  No one even said to practice patience, find a mediator, put sadaqa everyday, work extra hard to help the family, get a job and help out financially, give a helping hand around the house.   Nope, it's all about quick results, quick responses, nothing is thought out, and just temporary pleasure.  Instead, people will find what I say repulsive, and then say you are supporting the abusive father.  Um no, not at all, but what is the greater good?  To keep the family intact or to have each member of the family broken and on their own.  Oh ya that's much better.  :rolleyes:

Someone explain to me how her mother now is much better off then before?  Maybe that is your solution to yourself, but what about her?  What if this is the trial she was willing to go through in order to keep her family intact and not separated by foster care and the system?  It's too bad, I didn't bother responding, because the damage is done.  And you can't undo anything now.

People are interested in quick fixes, enjoying the worldly pleasure, and forgetting the reason why we are in this world. 

The advice I gave was based not on my own opinion, but on actions a very close family member had to take in exactly the same situation as our respected sister is facing now. If it was not for Allah's protection and the drastic action of reporting the father to police and leaving under police protection, four members of my family would be dead.

Until you know how an abuser works you won't understand, that patience often doesn't work, that compromise never works, that sadaqah, dua or prayer isn't the only answer when you know this person is completely unhinged. Besides, whose to say our sister doesn't help out around the house? She could be a really good daughter, you don't know. However, when the window of opportunity to leave that life is open, you have to jump, and I always said that they need to jump together. All along I said she needs to tell her mum, somewhere away from the home environment that her mum is a victim and right now cannot see that she doesn't deserve this but would if given time, I said that if she knows her kids are being even a little hurt by the domestic abuse she'll do the right thing because and I quote, 'mothers have instincts'

Besides, it ain't a worldy pleasure issue, the father will continue to sin if this isn't stopped and, it is not unrealistic for him to kill several innocent people out of the 'shame' and 'anger' brought upon his side of the family. What's the bigger sin, cutting out your abusive father or your father murdering you and the people you love?

When Imam Ali ibn Hussain wrote about the rights of a child, he mentioned good and evildoing and how a parent will be punished for such evildoing, when writing about a wife's rights he mentioned treating her gently and with compassion, when writing about one who wrongs you that if a pardon will cause harm then defend yourself, and finally that the right of our fellow Muslim is that we want good for them, seek their well-being, keep them away from harm and like for them what we like for yourself. 

May Allah make things easy for our respected sister and for all of us, now and for eternity.