Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Painting of Twelver Shia Muslim scientist, Nāsīr al-Dīn al-Tūsī by Ḥāssan Roḥolāmīn.

He was a polymath, architect, philosopher, physician, physicist, logician, intellectual, scientist, theologian, astronomer, mathematician, biologist, chemist, poet, geographer, engineer and a translator (he spoke Greek, and translated many of their books, and commented on them).
72589-605647052861595-2047257020-n.jpg

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

Guest ABT
6 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

Painting of Our Eighth Holy Imam, titled "Zāmīn Āhô" (Guarantor of the Gazelle), by an unknown painter.

Imam-Ali-Aridha2.jpg

I consider such paintings highly disrespectful. Some people might consider me nefarious for raising issue to this, but I do it for the sake of Allah, considering what is really nefarious are images like this.

30 minutes ago, Guest ABT said:

I consider such paintings highly disrespectful. Some people might consider me nefarious for raising issue to this, but I do it for the sake of Allah, considering what is really nefarious are images like this.

It’s just an imaginary painting, no need to speak about nefariousness.

Guest ABT
6 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

Fully agree with you.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect us from such things.

Wallahu a'lam

It sometimes is costly to speak out against some practises which have no precedent with the Prophet or his Ahlul Bayt, and which may do more harm than good, irrespective of they are permissible (and many questionable things are permissible). This unfortunately leads some with poor judgement to throw slanders, but I am glad that hasn't happened hear, and the brother has taken our criticism of the pictures in a polite manner. 

Really, we can get along with everyone if we want, we can choose to sit on the fence and allow the pure madhab of ale Muhammed to be tainted with things like this, maintain our popularity and wide-spread appeal, or we can do the right thing. 

10 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Fully agree with you.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect us from such things.

Wallahu a'lam

Issuing own verdicts on fiqh matters is more haram than any of those paintings will ever be. There’s nothing wrong with them, and the mainstream maraji’ opinion is that they are allowed as long as produced and treated with respect. Such is opinion, for example, of “the big four” of Najaf. We don’t worship objects, but artistic representation of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) has a long tradition in Islam.  

4 hours ago, OrthodoxTruth said:

Issuing own verdicts on fiqh matters is more haram than any of those paintings will ever be. There’s nothing wrong with them, and the mainstream maraji’ opinion is that they are allowed as long as produced and treated with respect. Such is opinion, for example, of “the big four” of Najaf. We don’t worship objects, but artistic representation of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) has a long tradition in Islam.  

Shaykh Wahid Al-Khorasani is against them - in fact he is against all illustrations of humans or animals, but especially of the Prophet and his family.

And this has been a historic Fiqh opinion, some ulama are against illustrations, some have no issue.

As far as this thread goes, everyone should follow their own marja.

15 minutes ago, SeekingHeaven said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a scary looking person?

He sent 500 Bālūcḥī families to settle in Kārbālāʾ (to defend it) after the Wahhabi cave dwellers sacked it. So, I think not.

Edited by Simon the Canaanite