Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

57 minutes ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

He sent 500 Bālūcḥī families to settle in Kārbālāʾ (to defend it) after the Wahhabi cave dwellers sacked it. So, I think not.

I don’t mean the actual individual, I just meant the painting itself.

Im sure he didn’t look exactly like that.

On 6/1/2019 at 1:42 AM, Simon the Canaanite said:

translator (he spoke Greek, and translated many of their books, and commented on them).

Salams,

Curious, where'd you read he knew Greek and worked to translate Greek philosophical works?

1 hour ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

Salams,

Curious, where'd you read he knew Greek and worked to translate Greek philosophical works?

He translated many of their works, as seen here. And in the 819th issue of this magazine, it’s said: that he referred to Aristotle’s philosophical terms as, weak.

56 minutes ago, starlight said:

McDonald's, proud sponsors of The Coronation of Suleiman 1666

I know you’re joking, not trying to be cold - but, that’s a water fountain.

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

7 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

He translated many of their works, as seen here. And in the 819th issue of this magazine, it’s said: that he referred to Aristotle’s philosophical terms as, weak.

Salams,

The link just says that this volume contains his studies into those works, I believe they were already translated centuries prior. The Elements, for example, by Euclid (كتاب العناصر) had existed in Arabic since the classical Abbasid period. Additionally the works of Aristotle had been in Arabic for centuries now, translated from Syriac, and the jargon had long since become standard by al-Tusi's lifetime. It would be interesting if he did, indeed, know Greek because he'd be one of the very few Muslim scholars who did (none really come to mind except one modern name who might). Do you see anything else that might indicate with more certainty if he knew Greek?

15 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

He sent 500 Bālūcḥī families to settle in Kārbālāʾ (to defend it) after the Wahhabi cave dwellers sacked it. So, I think not.

Yeah, after the Ottomans refused the Safavid military aid to keep the Holy Cities save, and then when Wahhabis invaded, all the Ottomans just fled. This is how we are “not” stabbed in the back since the beginning... 

2 hours ago, Don'tMakeA١٠١س said:

Does this Ḥāssan Roḥolāmī guy sell reproductions of his paintings?

Maybe? You can contact him here. And here’s his Telegram (roholamin_atelie).

14 minutes ago, OrthodoxTruth said:

Yeah, after the Ottomans refused the Safavid military aid to keep the Holy Cities save, and then when Wahhabis invaded, all the Ottomans just fled. This is how we are “not” stabbed in the back since the beginning... 

I’m pretty sure it was prearranged, and both parties were in-coordination with each other. But, your God gives respite, but doesn’t forget (or neglect), as they say. Exactly after 9 years of the attack, a war broke out between the Ottoman Empire and their Wahhabi counterpart, where the perpetrators of the attack were all slain and impaled by Muhammad Ali Pasha.

4000 of the Wahhabi army were beheaded like sheep, and their cities were demolished. The treasury and gold they looted was also lost.

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

Can we have a bit of quiet in the gallery please? Some of us are trying to appreciate the art on display. Apart from that @starlight who seems to have found one of the pieces quite the sujet d'amusement. :D

On 6/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, Guest ABT said:

I consider such paintings highly disrespectful. Some people might consider me nefarious for raising issue to this, but I do it for the sake of Allah, considering what is really nefarious are images like this.

Agree

7 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

Maybe? You can contact him here. And here’s his Telegram (roholamin_atelie).

I DM'd him on Instagram, and he does sell. Most of his paintings are in the 180 cm * 300 cm range, if anyone else is thinking of buying.