Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Jae Deen's Zulfiqar

Rate this topic

Putting aside the matter of music, because that is another topic altogether. What are your thoughts on people who aren't following the school of the Ahlul Bayt but wear a zulfiqar, like Jae Deen (of Deen Squad) who says in a song 'No I'm not a Shi'a but a Sunni, brother still rock a Zulfiqar, I'm still about the unity, if you don't like it I don't really care at all'? 

My other question is should such gestures of unity be encouraged or should the intentions be kept to oneself? Do zulfiqars and other objects become tools to show off if displayed or would you welcome such a gesture? 

As I say, I'm not encouraging judgement on Deen Squad, music or expecting scholarly opinion, just the views of the ordinary brother or sister on the street.

Edited by aaaz1618
  • 1 month later...
On 5/30/2019 at 6:50 PM, aaaz1618 said:

Putting aside the matter of music, because that is another topic altogether. What are your thoughts on people who aren't following the school of the Ahlul Bayt but wear a zulfiqar, like Jae Deen (of Deen Squad) who says in a song 'No I'm not a Shi'a but a Sunni, brother still rock a Zulfiqar, I'm still about the unity, if you don't like it I don't really care at all'? 

My other question is should such gestures of unity be encouraged or should the intentions be kept to oneself? Do zulfiqars and other objects become tools to show off if displayed or would you welcome such a gesture? 

As I say, I'm not encouraging judgement on Deen Squad, music or expecting scholarly opinion, just the views of the ordinary brother or sister on the street.

Do you think Zulfiqar is respected only by Shias or Sunnis also love it ? We have many similar teachings and we should not take it as it belongs only to one.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:50 PM, aaaz1618 said:

I wouldn’t appreciate people wearing zulfiqars or any sort of innovations except the rings as mahdavist  said.  But I would encourage all sorts of gestures other than innovations to shown unity like praying together in the same mosque unlike separate mosques etc