Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Noor Taleb

Symbol for Allah

Rate this topic

Some people believe we can use symbols to reach Allah like an eye symbol that represents his seed everything I dunno how to refute it?

Guest Light
1 hour ago, Noor Taleb said:

Some people believe we can use symbols to reach Allah like an eye symbol that represents his seed everything I dunno how to refute it?

We cannot invent our own symbols, the symbols are only those who have been mentioned by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) as His symbols. For example, the She Camel, the Saffa & Marwa etc. We have been commanded to respect the symbols of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) may it be anyone from Him.

Here are some quranic references:

5:2 O you who have attained to faith! Offend not against the symbols set up by God
22:32 That (shall be so); and whoever respects the signs of Allah, this surely is (the outcome) of the piety of hearts.

6 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

In general all claims should be backed up by the Qur'an and/or narrations from the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).

Any idea or claim that cannot be supported by these references does not have any real credibility.

Wallahu a'lam 

It’s not an Islamic person 

it’s Caodaism religion but then they will Also say to us you guys have symbols why can’t we

just see the divine eye pic they say that’s it’s symbol how do I know to refute it ??

They basically say the divine eye is a symbol used to tell How God is seeing us everywhere and every time 

the symbol is triangle with a eye in middle 

14 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

They basically say the divine eye is a symbol used to tell How God is seeing us everywhere and every time 

the symbol is triangle with a eye in middle 

We don't need symbols to tell us God is watching, the Qur'an is quite clear He is watching. Unlike other people of other faiths who choose to take it upon themselves to argue on the internet against Islam, we read our scripture and we know that Allah is the All Knowing and All Seeing. We don't need a pottery maker, a glass blower or a painter to remind us through their crafts.

Besides, ask a conspiracy theorist about the triangle and the eye. They will tell you something different. They can sniff any eye shaped or triangle shaped object from 10,000 miles away, even if it is completely unrelated to any theory they have.:blabla:

Edited by aaaz1618

People of different Islamic cultures had symbols for Allah all the time, pendants, bracelets, necklaces. Unfortunately, the Wahabi practice (which was very similar to that of the European colonizers when they had contact with the Natives) was calling these symbols "Against God", which meant they confiscated it and sold it, then used the money for their immoral acts.

People who had cultural traditions that predated the very onset of Wahabism were now being told that their practices are "shirk". All the while, these very same people continued their lame sword dancing stuff with music in it.

My point is, don't let anybody have a holier-than-thou attitude towards your religion. Symbols are important to knowing who you are.

15 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

We don't need symbols to tell us God is watching, the Qur'an is quite clear He is watching. Unlike other people of other faiths who choose to take it upon themselves to argue on the internet against Islam, we read our scripture and we know that Allah is the All Knowing and All Seeing. We don't need a pottery maker, a glass blower or a painter to remind us through their crafts.

Besides, ask a conspiracy theorist about the triangle and the eye. They will tell you something different. They can sniff any eye shaped or triangle shaped object from 10,000 miles away, even if it is completely unrelated to any theory they have.:blabla:

Thank you Aaaz ! 

I forgot about the conspiracy theory loooooool hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

On 5/30/2019 at 8:50 AM, Noor Taleb said:

Allah (عزّ وجلّ) does not need symbols that is why He (عزّ وجلّ) made our Prophet break every idol.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:50 PM, Noor Taleb said:

Salam,

Each and every thing in this creation is a symbol of God.  And no, I am not talking about metaphors or figures of speech.  A symbol, as I am intending to use the word, participates in that which it symbolizes (namely God).  This is why the Qur'an says: ”wherever you turn, there is the face of God!”.  This is why God says:  “He shall show them His signs on the Horizons and in themselves until it has become evident to them that He is the Real.”

Having said this, not all symbols are at the same level.  Some symbols are sanctified by God; they are selected by God to transmute our souls.  For the purpose of this forum I will limit myself to discussing only one such symbol.  And this is the Qur'an, I.e. God’s Eternal Speech.  You can use only such a symbol (that He has chosen or sanctified) to reach God.  In other words, as a Muslim (assuming you are), you can only use such a symbol to worship God.  

Edited by eThErEaL

38 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Salam,

Each and every thing in this creation is a symbol of God.  And no, I am not talking about metaphors or figures of speech.  A symbol, as I am intending to use the word, participates in that which it symbolizes (namely God).  This is why the Qur'an says: ”wherever you turn, there is the face of God!”.  This is why God says:  “He shall show them His signs on the Horizons and in themselves until it has become evident to them that He is the Real.”

Having said this, not all symbols are at the same level.  Some symbols are sanctified by God; they are selected by God to transmute our souls.  For the purpose of this forum I will limit myself to discussing only one such symbol.  And this is the Qur'an, I.e. God’s Eternal Speech.  You can use only such a symbol (that He has chosen or sanctified) to reach God.  In other words, as a Muslim (assuming you are), you can only use such a symbol to worship God.  

The word "symbol" being rather vague,

"Something that represents something else by association, resemblance, or convention, especially a material object used to represent something invisible. n. An instance that typifies a broader pattern or situation." from wordnik

I won't directly object to your choice of calling the Qur'an a symbol (of Allah?).

But I don't find it recommendable. A Muslim is encouraged to avoid anything doubtful. Setting a symbol for Allah is doubtful, and to do so, even by something so magnificent as the Qur'an, can only limit Allah in speech.

5 hours ago, Aragaia said:

The word "symbol" being rather vague,

"Something that represents something else by association, resemblance, or convention, especially a material object used to represent something invisible. n. An instance that typifies a broader pattern or situation." from wordnik

I won't directly object to your choice of calling the Qur'an a symbol (of Allah?).

But I don't find it recommendable. A Muslim is encouraged to avoid anything doubtful. Setting a symbol for Allah is doubtful, and to do so, even by something so magnificent as the Qur'an, can only limit Allah in speech.

The Qur'an is the uncreated and eternal word of God.  God’s Speech is One with His Essence

19 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

The Qur'an is the Eternal Speech of God and is therefore uncreated.  Denying this is Kufr.  :-)

What does eternal speech mean? To say "denying this is kufr", is just wrong. Yet I disagree. God's will may be eternal, the Qur'an I don't consider to be so.

8 hours ago, Aragaia said:

Only Allah is uncreated. The Qur'an therefore must be created.

Imam Reza (عليه السلام) said in response of Shias about  it "don't engage yourself in this matter just read & follow it's insructions'

On 5/30/2019 at 9:53 AM, Mahdavist said:

In general all claims should be backed up by the Qur'an and/or narrations from the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).

Any idea or claim that cannot be supported by these references does not have any real credibility.

Wallahu a'lam 

But ahaadith do not have the same infallible status as Qur'an.

Therefore a hadith should be evaluated by Qur'an and Reason.

On 6/9/2019 at 12:18 AM, eThErEaL said:

The Qur'an is the uncreated and eternal word of God.  God’s Speech is One with His Essence

So there was always Allah and the Qur'an?

Are we going the add the Tawrat and Injil as well making it a Trinity with one more added?

1 hour ago, Faruk said:

So there was always Allah and the Qur'an?

Are we going the add the Tawrat and Injil as well making it a Trinity with one more added?

No.  The Tawrat or Injeel does not have the same status as the Qur'an.  The Qur'an is not separate from God.  

I believe that Hambalis are right!

Edited by eThErEaL

2 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

No.  The Tawrat or Injeel does not have the same status as the Qur'an.  The Qur'an is not separate from God.  

Tawrat and Injil were also Speech of Allah.

1 minute ago, Faruk said:

Tawrat and Injil were also Speech of Allah.

Were they “miracles” of God like the Qur'an is?

and if not,  why not?

Edited by eThErEaL

15 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Were they “miracles” of God like the Qur'an is?

and if not,  why not?

I make no distinction between any of His Books.

Point is that Allah always existed and preceded all of creation without any being or object beside Him.

Can we agree on that?

If yes then there is no need to continue the discussion.

If not then elaborate.

Edited by Faruk

16 minutes ago, Faruk said:

I make no distinction between any of His Books.

Point is that Allah always existed and preceded all of creation without any being or object beside Him.

Can we agree on that?

If yes then there is no need to continue the discussion.

If not then elaborate.

I know.  He does preceded all of His creation.  But why do assume that the Qur'an is His creation?  

4 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

I know.  He does preceded all of His creation.  But why do assume that the Qur'an is His creation?  

Is the Qur'an Allah?

On 6/10/2019 at 4:54 AM, eThErEaL said:

The Qur'an is the Eternal Speech of God and is therefore uncreated.  Denying this is Kufr.  :-)

I want to agree with you but I don't understand where verses like these fit in: 

Surah An-Noor, Verse 2:
الزَّانِيَةُ وَالزَّانِي فَاجْلِدُوا كُلَّ وَاحِدٍ مِّنْهُمَا مِائَةَ جَلْدَةٍ وَلَا تَأْخُذْكُم بِهِمَا رَأْفَةٌ فِي دِينِ اللَّهِ إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَلْيَشْهَدْ عَذَابَهُمَا طَائِفَةٌ مِّنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

(As for) the fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them, (giving) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you in the matter of obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the last day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement.

On 6/22/2019 at 1:06 PM, khamosh21 said:

I want to agree with you but I don't understand where verses like these fit in: 

Surah An-Noor, Verse 2:
الزَّانِيَةُ وَالزَّانِي فَاجْلِدُوا كُلَّ وَاحِدٍ مِّنْهُمَا مِائَةَ جَلْدَةٍ وَلَا تَأْخُذْكُم بِهِمَا رَأْفَةٌ فِي دِينِ اللَّهِ إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَلْيَشْهَدْ عَذَابَهُمَا طَائِفَةٌ مِّنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

(As for) the fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them, (giving) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you in the matter of obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the last day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement.

The Qur'an is starting Hard and ending Easy/Soft (for the Believers).

الم نشرح لك صدرك ... ان مع العسر يسرى

17 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Salam Original  Tawrat or Injeel is not seperate from Allah too also it said that Imam Mahdi (aj) will bring again original Tawrat  & Injeel from  hideouts & will debate based original books with people of book & will use it beside Qur'an ,also in a narration from Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) said that 'Mushif of Fatima' as trustee of Imamate contains all divine book from Prophet Adam (عليه السلام) to Prophet Isa (عليه السلام) that there is no verse of Qur'an in it.

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam Original  Tawrat or Injeel is not seperate from Allah too also it said that Imam Mahdi (aj) will bring again original Tawrat  & Injeel from  hideouts & will debate based original books with people of book & will use it beside Qur'an ,also in a narration from Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) said that 'Mushif of Fatima' as trustee of Imamate contains all divine book from Prophet Adam (عليه السلام) to Prophet Isa (عليه السلام) that there is no verse of Qur'an in it.

But why are the Injeel or Tawrat not considered to be miracles like the Qur'an?  

24 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

But why are the Injeel or Tawrat not considered to be miracles like the Qur'an?  

For me other Abrahamic scriptures are like a beautiful piece of land, a miracle in their own right, but over time with various bits of human input people have left their own marks on the land- the roads useful, the hospital useful, the betting shops- not so useful. The piece of land for all its merits and faults is only partially recognisable from its former days. 

In essence, I believe them still to be miracles just like the land we live on and the air we breathe but that is not to say people can't change the appearance and matter.