Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

@rkazmi33

I think there’s some confusion on what we’re discussing. I could respond point for point (there are some misconceptions you posted), but I don’t think we have baseline agreement on definitions. I honestly don’t think we’re even talking about the same thing. 

All I’ll say is that the psychology literature is very clear on this matter. 

On 5/27/2019 at 3:12 AM, rkazmi33 said:

Well forcing someone to talk to you or stay with you in a relationship is also a sign of narcissism. I am saying that emotional and psychological abuse is more hurtful than silent treatment TO ME. But people want to insist that silent treatment is more hurtful. This is exactly why people resort to silent treatment. When you try to force your values, morals and lifestyles on other people. Yes, silent treatment people are weak, they may not be good at fighting, they may be too soft hearted, that's not neccesarily a bad thing. Just live and let live. Find friends who enjoy the regular fighting and taunting and are not sensitive, have a cruel sense of humor, but then you might be the one getting hurt. This is why people insist on forcing sensitive people to interact with them because then they always have upper hand. They don't have to worry about getting hurt. Bullies miss their victims, victims don't miss bullies. 

The experience I had with silent treatment .. people who did it or are still doing it they are not weak. They don't do it because they have a soft heart or because they re not strong enough to communicate but rather because they might have a stone instead of their hearts and are blind folded by somethings. I don't think soft hearted people have it in them to keep silent for a long time to punish someone. Or to make them realize something. But yeah when someone is insulting you or trying to fight without any reason then keeping silence in that moment is sabr. That is not silent treatment. That is someone trying to avoid arguments and fights. We should leave some matters to Allah. Thinking about punishing someone is very very wrong. This shouldn't be up to humans. Muslim people should know better. But instead they have taken upon themselves to teach lessons and make every thing right. Allah forgives but humans don't.