Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Lebanese313

Beat in Latmiya

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Lebanese313 said:

I like the words and the latmiyya by itself if it didn’t have that beat sound thing

is it just a personal preference? or do you mean it might fall in the grey area zone in terms of it being harram?

2 minutes ago, Lebanese313 said:

Why tho 

I don't know. Most people in my family love nohas and have their favourite reciters but I never enjoy them, except one or two here and there. Too much noise for my liking maybe? Donno.

2 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

is it just a personal preference? or do you mean it might fall in the grey area zone in terms of it being harram?

Second reason. It just sounds a bit like a beat in haram music. I know that it’s totally different and that it’s produced by the mouth by saying Hussein or something but still it sounds like a beat

14 minutes ago, starlight said:

I don't know. Most people in my family love nohas and have their favourite reciters but I never enjoy them, except one or two here and there. Too much noise for my liking maybe? Donno.

I disagree with the trend of having turned it into some kind of soundtrack to listen to when you're bored. 

It makes perfect sense when it is being recited live in a majlis, but to make clips or albums and to play it in your car or your iphone is one step away from listening to music (in fact these days it is often exactly the same as listening to music)

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) guide us all.

Wallahu a'lam

Guest Nani-Amma

Don’t be so wahabi all of you. Human societies grow, improve overtime, create legacies, build upon each other, move on to new things based on prior works, invent new ideas and things, almost always based on foundations of the things of the past. Nothing is truly disruptive in its essence in this way of human progress. Everything has a precedence in Human’s sage of progress. 

Its not like when the Holy Prophet s came, he announced that he would fight with the copper sword because this was he way of Prophets of the old, and rejected the swords made of iron ore that were prevalent in those days. Or suddenly one day he announced to not use the camels for transportation because they were domesticated much later than bulls and so on.

Starting from the time of our Prophet S, the poetry has been composed and vocalised in front of him in the form prevalent in his time. After his demise the tradition continued of Islamic poetry and a lot was composed and vocalised in the praise of Aimah of Ahlul Bayt. 

This continued through the ages till what we see today is just another expression of the same holy art form. So accept it and move on. If there is anything too out of way, let the masses reject it by all means. But there is no point in keep in the criticising mode unless you want to keep it as a fashionable art form, for some people criticising gives them personal validation. 

Also whenever the wahabi-bug bites you or pokes you in your head, always think of it this way. Humans as a society and culture progress and move on based on prior work of their previous generation. This is true for everything, literally everything, including religious customs , that is the things which are other than set in stone wajibaat. You just can’t cling on to the oldies and keep shunning the new wave by your own fatwas. 

18 minutes ago, Guest Nani-Amma said:

Don’t be so wahabi all of you. Human societies grow, improve overtime, create legacies, build upon each other, move on to new things based on prior works, invent new ideas and things, almost always based on foundations of the things of the past. Nothing is truly disruptive in its essence in this way of human progress. Everything has a precedence in Human’s sage of progress. 

Its not like when the Holy Prophet s came, he announced that he would fight with the copper sword because this was he way of Prophets of the old, and rejected the swords made of iron ore that were prevalent in those days. Or suddenly one day he announced to not use the camels for transportation because they were domesticated much later than bulls and so on.

Starting from the time of our Prophet S, the poetry has been composed and vocalised in front of him in the form prevalent in his time. After his demise the tradition continued of Islamic poetry and a lot was composed and vocalised in the praise of Aimah of Ahlul Bayt. 

This continued through the ages till what we see today is just another expression of the same holy art form. So accept it and move on. If there is anything too out of way, let the masses reject it by all means. But there is no point in keep in the criticising mode unless you want to keep it as a fashionable art form, for some people criticising gives them personal validation. 

Also whenever the wahabi-bug bites you or pokes you in your head, always think of it this way. Humans as a society and culture progress and move on based on prior work of their previous generation. This is true for everything, literally everything, including religious customs , that is the things which are other than set in stone wajibaat. You just can’t cling on to the oldies and keep shunning the new wave by your own fatwas. 

It's not being wahhabi, it's that it defeats the purpose if the latmiyyah is more catchy than meaningful. The purpose of a latmiyya is to sadden you, even to the point of crying sometimes, not to tap your feet to the rhythm. 

And we're not shunning the new wave, as there are many new latmiyyat which understand this issue, and don't do all these things to them. I'll list some examples:

And many more...

8 hours ago, starlight said:

Love nohas but am put off by the modern day theatrics.  They are much better when live in an Imambargah or an actual Jaloos. Do not listen to the edited recordings where the reciter takes precedence over the noha if you know what I mean. 

1 hour ago, haideriam said:

am put off by the modern day theatrics. 

Yes, this is one of the reasons.The noha reciters have started acting like 'Zakirs' only with poetry. 

49 minutes ago, Lebanese313 said:

What is this they’re not even doing latm how is this a latmiya

brother you don't even understand Farsi (I don't think), so what's the point of listening anyways?

Listen to what Sayed Hassan says:

Edited by 7ssein

5 hours ago, 7ssein said:

brother you don't even understand Farsi (I don't think), so what's the point of listening anyways?

Listen to what Sayed Hassan says:

I know brother but the problem is that this doesn’t only occur in Iran. There are Arabic latmiyas like this too. There is a kind of latmiya now in Iraq named rap latmiya. It’s basically latm on a rap. I’m wondering where this will go